X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

Originally posted by nigosky
    I miss 0.5 days
    Ha not because of the looks and feel of the game though, more because of the people that were still playing back then.

Comment

Originally posted by dub
      Looking great as usual but... it seems like they are wanting to do too much. I've been going through their site looking at all the models they plan at it seems waaay too many.
      I hope this comes out before this engine is obsolete.

my thoughts exactly, it seems like they are bitting off more than they can chew. dont get me wrong, i cant wait for this one, their work looks amazing, steady weekly updates are very nice and i will be playing it long after 2142 or QW is out but in all honestly i doubt we will have this by october, we havnt even seen any ingame videos yet. alot of bf2 players will be long gone, granted the hardcore mod players and ww2 fanatics will ofcourse play it but alot of the casual community will not stick around. i just fear we will be stuck to one or two servers running it from lack of interest by the time it comes out. rank monekys are killing the mod developers sence of accomplishment when they refuse to even try excellent mods because they arent ranked. i still cant wait and i think the models look outstanding, a little teaser video wouldnt hurt though.

Comment

I understand where you guys are comming from, we get the same stuff in our threads all the time. Its not going to change the workflow though, and it really shouldnt.

THere are people who are experts on making Forgotten Hope, they should be the ones to make the decisions on the MOD. If your interested in elping the production of any MODs along, then join up and dig in with that team.

Other than that, those comments just wont have any impact really on thier work, like artists and professionals, thats the correct way to do things.

Comment

my thoughts exactly, it seems like they are bitting off more than they can chew. dont get me wrong, i cant wait for this one, their work looks amazing, steady weekly updates are very nice and i will be playing it long after 2142 or QW is out but in all honestly i doubt we will have this by october, we havnt even seen any ingame videos yet. alot of bf2 players will be long gone, granted the hardcore mod players and ww2 fanatics will ofcourse play it but alot of the casual community will not stick around. i just fear we will be stuck to one or two servers running it from lack of interest by the time it comes out. rank monekys are killing the mod developers sence of accomplishment when they refuse to even try excellent mods because they aren’t ranked. i still cant wait and i think the models look outstanding, a little teaser video wouldn’t hurt though.
          First, as said on the previous page, The models that you see on the site are finished models who are in FH0.7 for bf42. If you think they are "bitting off more than they can chew" you have seen now (the hundreds of models on the site) that they can!

Second, If there are players that stop playing a realistic WW2 game (FH2) because of the release of an arcade Sci-fi game (bf2142), I seriously doubt that those are the players who a mod needs.

I really think more people have to see FH2 as a stand-alone game. FH isn't just a funny mod or just some extra fun with bf2. It is a full game with own gameplay,models,maps,sounds,skins... name it. They just use BF2's engine. So why should people stop playing FH2 when it's full, nice and complete game? FH has showed and proved that they can make such a game. About the servers: FH for bf42 exist for years now. There are still 2 64player servers filled every houre of the day (even more in the popular houres) So you don't have to wory about the servers.

Thirth. They said there will be a movie just before the first release. (probably as promo). They don't show WIP , and certainly in this stages of development they can't show a video without showing 101 WIPs.

I hope you more or less get my point

Comment

Originally posted by *fmj*power
            rank monekys are killing the mod developers sence of accomplishment when they refuse to even try excellent mods because they arent ranked. .

No they are not...

Rank monkeys wont play our mod? oh no! geez - it might just become about teamwork now! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
              No they are not...

Rank monkeys wont play our mod? oh no! geez - it might just become about teamwork now! :shock:
              the other night i was chilling (finally) in a 16 player Wake Air Show Map server, and a guy came in not realising all custom mods/maps are not rankable*. regardless, he kept playing, and i found out he was sort of younger, newer player to bf2. he kept wanting to play mini-games like dogfighting in f35's with no missiles. i spent the whole time chasing him. it was alright though, with all the carriers i could never take him down all the way, but it was great dogfighting practice. he was a decent jet pilot... as long as he didn't hear the lock sound .

*i know it's not a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairstylist
                this mod'll never see the light of day.
                You don't know this mod, do you?

Comment

Right with you!

Comment

dont get me wrong guys, your doing amazing work and i comend you so much on your efforts to bring us something for free, i think tsjernobyl said it best, this isnt going to be just a mod,its a whole new game just using the bf2 engine, just like red orchastra. i think we all need to start considering it as that when we get eager to see it, its just an overwelling amount of content.I simply cant wait, i just want to make sure we have lots of guys to frag, heheheh. cudos on the work guys and keep it up, we will enjoy this so much it will be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by *fmj*power
                      this isnt going to be just a mod, its a whole new game.
                      got it in one brother and when people get to play this that will become blatantly apparent.
                      now if i hear ONE more person saying something along the lines of "hurry up or noone will play".... Its like a friggin cracked record!

Comment

Working...
                      X