Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 and Dual Core?

Originally posted by BFMP|DIR|IndianScout
    no problems running bf2 on my X2 3800 no need to set the afinity either..

good luck on the new CPU, you will love it
    Glad to hear that.

Comment

just a neat little tool from the amd site:

it lets you monitor the load on each core, pretty handy.

Comment

thanks alot guys.yeah im going to upgrade to 2g of ram in future not now..thanks u very much for the commets
        ps: i heard 4800 can oc to fx60's

Comment

I set my affinity to 1 out of habit now more than anything from when dropping connnection was a big issue, not so much anymore. Otherwise no problems. You will love your new rig man, enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by RingMasTeR
            I set my affinity to 1 out of habit now more than anything from when dropping connnection was a big issue, not so much anymore. Otherwise no problems. You will love your new rig man, enjoy!
            Huh set it to aff 1 and it lagged like a Mofo . Amd 64x2 3800+ ?????

Comment

Battlefield 2 dosent support Dualcore CPU s so its as good as singlecore CPU in BF2. But i recommend you to buy X2 3800+ with Manchester core instead of 4200+ 4400+. You save money and get better CPU . x2 3800+ manchesters will clock 100% higher than an 4200 or 4400+. Just make sure you will install X2 Hot fixes correctly . You can get info about it from www.xtremesystems.org Forums / AMD section .

Sorry for my bad english , hope you all understand .

Comment

Look at the numbering system for AMD's chips. There are claims that a 4400X2 will run like having two 4.4gHz Intel procs. It's kind of a running joke. An Athlon XP 3200+ in my computer ran at 2.2gHz. My wife had a P4 that ran at 2.8gHz. Mine ran F.E.A.R. much better, and all other things were the same. The architecture is different. It isn't how many clock cycles a second you get, but how many instructions.
                That and the memory controllers for AMD procs reside on the die. Intel sells you a processor, and then sells you a memory controller separately. Having the memory controller all spooned up with the processor makes things faster and more efficient.

Comment

The main thing is your pick of OS.

Stay away from the 64 bit windows, its to new and still has bugs in it. The driver support is also new and not as refined as in the 32 bit windows world.

Until the games you play come out with 64 bit support, use 32 bit windows.

Now if we could run the game in a *unix based 64 bit OS, then I would jump on it in a heartbeat...but sadly, here I am playing BF2 on 32 bit WinXP.

Comment

I will get my computer on Thursday. I will let you know how it goes with my first AMD experience

Comment

Working...
                    X