BF2 and Dual Core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 and Dual Core?

BF2 works fine on the 4400+ X2 with both cores. I haven't had a problem with it.

There was a problem before but it was fixed in one of the patches I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
      BF2 works fine on the 4400+ X2 with both cores. I haven't had a problem with it.

There was a problem before but it was fixed in one of the patches I believe.
      I hope you are right . It's my first AMD , so I'm nervous. I ordered my new computer today:

- AMD 4400+
      - Asus 7900GTX
      - Raptor 1450G
      - Seasonic 500W PX
      - 2G RAM CORSAIR PC-3200 TWIN-X-DUAL

Hope I will not regret that 4400+, I don't like problem

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
        I hope you are right . It's my first AMD , so I'm nervous. I ordered my new computer today:

- AMD 4400+
        - Asus 7900GTX
        - Raptor 1450G
        - Seasonic 500W PX
        - 2G RAM CORSAIR PC-3200 TWIN-X-DUAL

Hope I will not regret that 4400+, I don't like problem
        amd is great. real money saver. don't worry i got one and it rocks. works great with bf2, wxp, ect... make sure you get a real sound card not one of those motherboard ones, i have an audigy 2 value and i'm happy with it's 5.1 support for bf2. good luck and happy bf2 playing.

newegg or zipzoomfly?

Comment

Good choice on the 4400+. the 4800 is a waste of money in my opinion, the only difference between the 4400 is about 200MHz per core.

You will find a few programs still have problems with dual core, Thunderbird for example will loose its connection sometimes but its solved by running it on 1 CPU. that's the only program I've seen with this problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by goya
            amd is great. real money saver. don't worry i got one and it rocks. works great with bf2, wxp, ect... make sure you get a real sound card not one of those motherboard ones, i have an audigy 2 value and i'm happy with it's 5.1 support for bf2. good luck and happy bf2 playing.

newegg or zipzoomfly?
            I got X-Fi Xtreme music.

I bought everything at a store close to my place: PCCyber

Comment

You will be happy with it, dual core is great, but if you do run into stuttering problem or connection issues, its a good idea to run BF2 on one core only. I am 100% sure you wont lose any performance because of it. Your GPU is what determines your fps for the most part.

Too bad many people dont consider the Opteron chips as an alternative, the 4400 is 'almost' twice as much $ as an Opteron 165 and runs at 2.2ghz where I had no trouble pushing my opty to 2.6ghz. Overclock the 4400 to get a bit more worth out of it, I have heard it can hit 2.5ghz pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_FU
                You will be happy with it, dual core is great, but if you do run into stuttering problem or connection issues, its a good idea to run BF2 on one core only. I am 100% sure you wont lose any performance because of it. Your GPU is what determines your fps for the most part.

Too bad many people dont consider the Opteron chips as an alternative, the 4400 is 'almost' twice as much $ as an Opteron 165 and runs at 2.2ghz where I had no trouble pushing my opty to 2.6ghz. Overclock the 4400 to get a bit more worth out of it, I have heard it can hit 2.5ghz pretty easy.
                I have 0 experience with overclock stuff :cry:

Comment

according to that 'can my hardware run this game?" site my 3800+ is equal to 3.8ghz performance....which is what it said after iot tested everything

Comment

i have the 4400 and i dont have any problems running bf2 on high settings with fraps, xfire, msn, vent, and music running at the same time

Comment

I have an fx-60, no problems at all in bf2.

Comment

i just bought
                        ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
                        AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
                        BFG 7900GT
                        CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
                        Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
                        from newegg.com...hows this system runs in bf2?plz advice im a noob

Comment

Originally posted by N.Y.P.D
                          hows this system runs in bf2?plz advice im a noob
                          Well, medium settings at 1280x1024 resolution because you only bought 1GB of RAM, you need 2GB to run at full settings.

Comment

Originally posted by LiQU!D
                            Well, medium settings at 1280x1024 resolution because you only bought 1GB of RAM, you need 2GB to run at full settings.
                            And 2G will save you a lot of checking/loading time.

Comment

Originally posted by N.Y.P.D
                              i just bought
                              ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
                              AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
                              BFG 7900GT
                              CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
                              Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
                              from newegg.com...hows this system runs in bf2?plz advice im a noob
                              I would say the 4800 was a waste of money since its like $200 more just for 200MHz but you still get braging right.

Apart from that it should run BF2 fine and of cource it will run just about every other game in the world on ultra high settings.

Mabye look into upgradeing your ram in the future.

Comment

no problems running bf2 on my X2 3800 no need to set the afinity either..

good luck on the new CPU, you will love it

Comment

Working...
                                X