• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MEC arabic language mistakes....

this is an interesting thread

Comment

Originally posted by A. Smith
      errors in translation are everywhere. the only english movie I have ever seen with proper french spoken in it... is the slapshot series (for those who dont know what it is, its a B movie about a hockey team playing in a small mining city. there is french in it because of the goalie wich comes form Québec. the actor is even from Québec himself)

that is hard to do since they have to try match the lip movements with the acctual actors.

all your base are belong to us

Comment

the most annoying mistake is when the US capture all the flags, the MEC voice says we have all the enemy flags. and yes i am arabic and able to speak, read and write it

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
        LOL, in Desert Combat, when the opposition said "roger that" it was "Hada-hoowa" (said phonetically)
        it's HATHA HOOAH ....my fav is when they say negative...LAAAAAA

Comment

Very Well Thought Out Post And I Agree It Is A Refreshing Change. Thanks For Your Input Buddy You Rock!!

Comment

good find. nice to hear the international community helping out.

Comment

This might be a silly question, but could we alter the files (cant remember the exact complied file) to include our own voice overs.

And if we could, would this be picked up by the "verifying data" process and be classified as a hack attemp?

How cool would it be if we had our own custom voice overs! I could only image what people would come up with - ie. Clippings from movies, esp Arnold Sw. (Im a cop you idiot - to replace "Cease fire" - always find that funny when i hear it)

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
                gettin an aussie voice in there.... thatd be fantastic, i got so many possible phrases im gonna write em up and post em in here, but for starters......

i need a medic: strewth, that bloody hurts! get me a quack!
                good work, squad: you blokes set yourselves up with some thongs, stubbies n a 6pack, you earned it!
                enemy armour spotted: stone the crows, that things built like a brick outhouse!
                lmfao!!! love it. wouldnt be able to concentrate though i'd be crackin up every minute :laugh:

ps. nice post OP, best mec line is when the lady starts up the UAV, "jerry busin hyman ana sun da ya"

Comment

I don't know if you guys said it already but when the MEC have captured a flag you hear a "Aamalan jaidan (something here) ya rijaal!" if I'm not mistaken.Which means of course "Good job men!".And when you tell someone to get in a vehicle I think it says "Irkab fi seerha" which means "Get inside it" or simply "Get inside" if I'm not mistaken.

I am satisfied by all the lines and sounds in the game...although I don't understand a thing from what the Chinese are saying and I also think that the British accent can be a little bit irritating when you have to hear that guy shouting like a wimp "Staaaahlight Staaaaaahlight".

I noticed that in the game the Spetsnaz and the Rebels(which are supposed to be Chechens,right?Only that it's not stated that they are Chechens :laugh: ) have a different Russian accent and I like that!

By the way,has anyone played Stronghold Crusader?They had some AWESOME arabic lines there.My computer starts with a sound file from there telling me every time I open the PC "Hal enta majnoon?" which means "Are you crazy?" just to remind me that I have to start going out a bit and forget staying on the PC for hours.Lol! :laugh:

Comment

I got a question, on the MEC team, what does it mean when someone says something that sounds like "Al roker doctor sniper!"? It has always confused me lol

Comment

Huh?!!!

Comment

A little OT, but what country are you from Arabian Knight? And how popular is BF2 there? I always thought that BF2 would be a big hit with Arabs since they play a big role in the game.

Comment

I don't know about Arabian Knight or others,but I am from Greece and my when i bought Battlefield 2 and Special Forces both had Arabic letters and the instruction manual was both in English and Arabic.IT'S REALLY COOL when the CD case has Arabic letters on the back!Lol! :P

Comment

who cares if the Mec don't speak the right language!! Al Qaeda maybe!!!
                            but whatever....

Comment

Some of what the MEC lady says

Tam el-esqat el-mathaly hawel = Roger on the supply drop
                              gair momken al-taera ma tazal qauid el-estekhdam= negative the UAV is already used
                              gair momken al-mo-an qauid el-estekhdam = negative the supply drop is already used

I think Arabian knight is from Saudi Arabia or United Arab Emirates if i was right.
                              anything else iam ready to answer.
                              sniper= qannas

Comment

Originally posted by ramsie1
                                lmfao!!! love it. wouldnt be able to concentrate though i'd be crackin up every minute :laugh:

ps. nice post OP, best mec line is when the lady starts up the UAV, "jerry busin hyman ana sun da ya"

they had aussie voice overs in FH and they made no sense the one for need reinforcments was. "help im up shick creak" with a thick austrailan accent. they sounded worse then the british accents in SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X