Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solution for claymores ?

tell me how you feel about it guys,

solution would be, the trigger distance stays, but the splash damage decreases , this way, clymores who are used to protect the sniper (on rooftops, behind corner, ....) will give you a kill, and so protect the sniper, but claymores just placed by idiots, on stairs, blocking alleys, .... (clay place in open area, where the clay gets triggerd by someone who is already closer to it then full trigger distance) they go off by the trigger istance, but they don't kill, they just do half damage or something .

this should kinda help against the lame claymores who are placed on the most stupid places

Re: solution for claymores ?

Still dont think it will work as if the claymore was just round the corner of a hall you wouldn't be able to get past still to get to the flag. Like on sharky at the TV station....1 at the door way next to the flag and one at the ladder. Now pretty much impossible to get to

just need to be able to blow them up with nades.

Comment

Nerf Everything And Make All Weapons Fire Paintballs!!!

Comment

why do people keep moaning about claymores all the time? They have set FF off for them now anyway so what does it matter?

Or is that you simply don't like them being used as a weapon? Would you rather them only used for defence is that it?

If so why? I love claymores exactly as they are.

Comment

There is NOT a darn thing wrong with claymores.

Claymores are a suprise or "booby" trap essentialy, used as defense of an area, or defense of a hidden sniper. What is sooooo hard to understand about this?

A claymore is supposed to kill and maim someone, not pop open to offer beauty supplies and candy. In a battlezone you should be careful, proceed with caution, walk in crouch mode alot, sneak slowly up ladders, looking carefully around for clays. You shouldnt just run toward your objective, feet on fire, unless the situation calls for it. A tacical soldier is a "live" one, the rest of you end up like this.

deadman2312[Claymore]yourdumb@ss

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
            why do people keep moaning about claymores all the time? They have set FF off for them now anyway so what does it matter?

Or is that you simply don't like them being used as a weapon? Would you rather them only used for defence is that it?

People post about it as they hope DICE/EA will do something about it....its also not very balanced that claymores are impossible to get past without someone having to kill themself on it.

Originally posted by deadman2312
            A claymore is supposed to kill and maim someone, not pop open to offer beauty supplies and candy. In a battlezone you should be careful, proceed with caution, walk in crouch mode alot, sneak slowly up ladders, looking carefully around for clays. You shouldnt just run toward your objective, feet on fire, unless the situation calls for it. A tacical soldier is a "live" one, the rest of you end up like this.
            I agree, however no matter how much "i proceed with caution, walk in crouch mode alot, sneak slowly up ladders, looking carefully around for clays", i still cant do anything to get past them to take a flag with claymores blocking the only route to it....and that is the thing that is bad about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
              Peope post about it as they hope DICE/EA will do something about it....its also not very balanced that claymores are impossible to get past without someone having to kill themself on it.

Wrong......they are not "impossible" it just takes a little hard work, and effort, mainly from a squad that is prepared to deal with them. I do agree it is HARD as hell to find a functioning squad, but thats no reason to mess with the claymores ANYMORE.

A sniper is only allowed to deploy TWO claymores at a time. That is fair, that is balanced. There will always be someone that will "spam", or repeatedly place them over and over, but if you are dumb enough to keep meandering through the same area, then well its obviously your fault.

Originally posted by Leki
              Peope post about it as they hope DICE/EA will do something about it....its also not very balanced that claymores are impossible to get past without someone having to kill themself on it.

I agree, however no matter how much "i proceed with caution, walk in crouch mode alot, sneak slowly up ladders, looking carefully around for clays", i still cant do anything to get past them to take a flag with claymores blocking the only route to it....and that is the thing that is bad about them.
              Dude, i know its a pain, i suffered just as everyone else for a few days as snipers were allowed 5 at a time on the ground, but be an engineer and wrench them. Always helpful if there is a medic standing by 30 meters away waiting for it to blow though, and a support guy covering your back.

Comment

well i don't find it a problem. Use your eyes if you get killed its your own fault.

Also a grenade will get rid of a placed claymore and a engineer can difuse them.

The only people who whine about them are people who aren't good enough players to adapt and counteract them and i don't see why that loud minority ruin bf2 for everyone else.

claymores don't hurt your team mates now and so finally they can actually be of use for somthing.

Comment

well i don't find it a problem. Use your eyes if you get killed its your own fault.

Also a grenade will get rid of a placed claymore and a engineer can difuse them.

The only people who whine about them are people who aren't good enough players to adapt and counteract them and i don't see why that loud minority ruin bf2 for everyone else.

claymores don't hurt your team mates now and so finally they can actually be of use for somthing.
                  Actually at this point the ability to kill a claymore with a grende has been REMOVED, i am happy with the removal of that feature.

Comment

Why , because it's totaly unbalanced to have one weapon who is FF off and all the other weapons are FF on, this is why, and this is asking for abuse, and they should be used only as defence, the sniper kit is for sniping or wich part of SNIPER kit don't you understand ??

it's not the boobyt trap kit, or the no skill I can put a weapon on floor wich only affects enemy's kit.

claymores require no skill at all, it's just a gambling game, I know you guys who are using them now a lot are happy because finaly you can score points, and finaly the noobs with no skill can kill people, but it's lame and unbalanced

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                      Why , because it's totaly unbalanced to have one weapon who is FF off and all the other weapons are FF on, this is why, and this is asking for abuse, and they should be used only as defence, the sniper kit is for sniping or wich part of SNIPER kit don't you understand ??

it's not the boobyt trap kit, or the no skill I can put a weapon on floor wich only affects enemy's kit.

claymores require no skill at all, it's just a gambling game, I know you guys who are using them now a lot are happy because finaly you can score points, and finaly the noobs with no skill can kill people, but it's lame and unbalanced
                      Rombaft dude, i understand your pain, and frustration with being killed by the claymore. But i do not feel that the term "unbalance" should come into play with something that you are only allowed to deply 2 of. When you were allowed to deploy 5, YES that was unbalance.

It would be unblalanced if engineers could not wrench them.

Is there something wrong with me for example deploying both of my claymores in the passageway to the hotel(karkand), then climbing the ladder to the roof so i can snipe people coming over the hill? In my opinion no, i am defending a choke point with claymores, and sniping enemy troops at a distance.

I do admit there are guys who run around with claymores in hand ready to drop at the sight of an enemy, but those tards are easily dealt with, not to mention few and far between.

Out of curiosity rombaft, what maps are you having issues with claymores the most?

edit:added Karkand

Comment

All you need is one friend that is a medic. He stays out of the blast radius and revives you as you "clear" the area of claymores.

Comment

yes i go with the majority here.... claymores are fine and not overpowered...work in squads etc and overcome them....its not difficult...

Comment

Wrong......they are not "impossible" it just takes a little hard work, and effort, mainly from a squad that is prepared to deal with them. I do agree it is HARD as hell to find a functioning squad, but thats no reason to mess with the claymores ANYMORE.
                            how am i wrong?...i said "impossible to get past without someone having to kill themself on it". Yes i know if you have a medic with you you can revive them but still if it takes a guy to kill (well critically wound) themself on it just to get past then thats not a great and balanced solution just to get past a claymore. also if the guy is climbing a ladder while the claymore goes off then he is dead and cant be revived. and yes unfortunatly it is rare to have a great squad with teamplay which makes the problem worse.

Dude, i know its a pain, i suffered just as everyone else for a few days as snipers were allowed 5 at a time on the ground, but be an engineer and wrench them. Always helpful if there is a medic standing by 30 meters away waiting for it to blow though, and a support guy covering your back.
                            Engineers can only wrench them from the back though and the way i would place them if i was sniper or the way they are when you go to flags like the TV station on sharky it is impossible to get behind them.

Comment

maybe a detonator which means you need to arm the claymore first would help?

Comment

Working...
                              X