• Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Dead?

BF2 Dead? NO way, i'm still having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
      Anyone else think BF2 is dead/dying.

I no loner get any enjoyment out of the game. It all just seems the same to me. Don't get me wrong, I have had some wicked times, but it's just really boring now. I have achieved first sgt, gained most the medals, all medals and ribbons which i think i can achieve and the games just aren't challenging anymore. I hardly ever get owned nowadays. There is nothing left in the game for me to play for.

There aren't nearly as many servers running as there were 2/3 months ago BF and SF. When i first started playing there were sh:tloads of EA servers. There are alot less EA servers running games. Even with some changing over to Euroforces there are alot fewer, and even fewer populated ones than before. Less players are playing and the figure is gradually decreasing. EA bring patch after patch out which are always bugged. I mean they brought patch 1.22 out and they were already working on patch 1.3...even before it was released. They will get it right eventually but i think it will be too late when they do.

BF is currently uninstalled on my pc. I don't feel inclined to reinstall it again.

Anyone else feel the BF2 series is dieing a slow death?
      well it depends on your opinion of what the bf2 series is. Myself I consider bf2 sf and ef the series and know full well when the mods come out a major part of the community will leave bf2 ranked servers for these. So i would say yes bf2 series is dieing. Some people consider the mods part of the series and say the mods will bring new life to it, but i disagree and say the mods are seperate, they get no support from ea or dice nor will ea or dice make any money off them because they were too short sighted to honor the modding community that keep bf42 going and led to the popularity of bf2, it was the mods like DC FH and POE that really had people anticipating bf2 .

Comment

it will die if EA finished Battlefield 2142

They must waiting 6 months or ayear more

Comment

I haven't played BF2 in almost a week and i haven't missed it at all. Infact I forgot I even had the games for most of the time.
          I've found there are much more useful things I could be doing.

I just couldn't ever imagine playing 8 1/2 hours a day like ta firestorm. That's just insane.

Comment

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
            I haven't played BF2 in almost a week and i haven't missed it at all. Infact I forgot I even had the games for most of the time.
            I've found there are much more useful things I could be doing.

I just couldn't ever imagine playing 8 1/2 hours a day like ta firestorm. That's just insane.
            Welcome to having a life :P

The key is just moderation. Spending all day playing games is a waste, but if you really like them there's no point in denying yourself games all the time.

Comment

I'm not realy bored with the game as much as I am disapointed with what EA/DICE has done with it since the 1.2 patch! In its raw form, BF2 was by far the best "advanced" FPS game I have played!

Now its seems they are just dumbing it down or noobing it up so that anyone with 5 hours of game play, can game like a pro!

Comment

Originally posted by -=TxG=-Phoenix
                I'm not realy bored with the game as much as I am disapointed with what EA/DICE has done with it since the 1.2 patch! In its raw form, BF2 was by far the best "advanced" FPS game I have played!

Now its seems they are just dumbing it down or noobing it up so that anyone with 5 hours of game play, can game like a pro!
                Define what makes a pro better than a newbie: is it because the pro can aim better, and uses more subtle methods than the run-and-gun newb? Or is a pro by definition someone with a higher k/d, without taking into account HOW or WHEN they made it?

I haven't heard from -rd-volx in months, not since 1.2. Mind you, between tankwhoring and c4-chucking its not surprising he might be playing about a gazillion times less, good k/d but a total turd of a player. Hops squads and tk's without regard, no team skill whatsoever, I bet he padded easily 1/2 of his support points. And I say so confidently because he's that sort of guy, and I've played with him numerous times.

Is he a pro? Not to me. A pro bf2 gamer is someone who plays with teamspirit as their main ambition, a support supports his squad, giving suppression fire and resupplying when they call for it (even if it means running 30-40 game metres!), a medic revives when he can, heals when he should, and shoots when he must. It takes only a split second for a situation to change from good to total destruction (arty!) and a team of teamplayers will fare better than a team of individuals.

Very zen, always said but never listened to. Which is why I don't play anymore

Comment

just take a break from bf2 for a while. once you get back into it, youll begin to enjoy it a bit more.. i actually took about a 3 month break from bf2.... now im starting up again and i am enjoying it once again.. i get kicks out of doing stupid and hilarious things with my friends that we used to do. its just more fun and still funny after the 3 month break.

Comment

Yep , gimme DCon pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Comment

i have to agree... everything seems the same now. patch after patch. (since 1.02) have been letdowns... i dont play bf2 as much as i used to... havin completed all ribons(xecpt for war college ribbon...10 hrs left on comander, yes 3.1 w/l ratio completed) and all badges gotten... no more incentives for higher ranks.. no more unlocks,etc... 2nd. leut up... been playin more cs for some reason now, and some aoe2.. yes 2.
                      PS hope mods come out soon.. b4 bf2142 comes out..

Comment

BF2 not boring for me

I haven't been bored, after about 260 hours of play time. It's as fun as ever for me but I got a new card a few days ago (a X1600Pro 512, to tide me over until the next rebuild in early 2007). I'm about 1500 points away from First Sergeant so in a few days I'll be puting in fewer hours so I can go back to replay Far Cry, Painkiller, and a few other old favorites, and buy Halflife 2, FEAR. BF2 still sucks me in though. Playing against other humans, it doesn't really get boring as long as I get a couple new maps occasionally. As I've improved I've found ways to make the original maps more useful and work in my favor as far as tactics goes.

Comment

Working...
                        X