Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Dead?

Anyone else think BF2 is dead/dying.

I no loner get any enjoyment out of the game. It all just seems the same to me. Don't get me wrong, I have had some wicked times, but it's just really boring now. I have achieved first sgt, gained most the medals, all medals and ribbons which i think i can achieve and the games just aren't challenging anymore. I hardly ever get owned nowadays. There is nothing left in the game for me to play for.

There aren't nearly as many servers running as there were 2/3 months ago BF and SF. When i first started playing there were sh:tloads of EA servers. There are alot less EA servers running games. Even with some changing over to Euroforces there are alot fewer, and even fewer populated ones than before. Less players are playing and the figure is gradually decreasing. EA bring patch after patch out which are always bugged. I mean they brought patch 1.22 out and they were already working on patch 1.3...even before it was released. They will get it right eventually but i think it will be too late when they do.

BF is currently uninstalled on my pc. I don't feel inclined to reinstall it again.

Anyone else feel the BF2 series is dieing a slow death?

Re: BF2 Dead?

I still haven't gotten the game to play it yet, so not for me

Comment

I am going to start looking into playing some mods, maybe that will cure your boredom as well as mine

Comment

i have to kind of agree...im going on a week now without playing bf2 online...and I really don't miss it...why? I dont know...I guess I am just getting tired of it.

I still play it though...but only when my friends want to all get together and kill something lol...but other than that...bf2 is dying for me. Too bad...it was fun until everyone whined and changed the game ...then whined about that and changed the game again....then whined some more to change it to this....then whined again and changed it to that.....lol

Comment

If your bored with the game, try getting all your badges and medals... You will not be bored, but fustrated.

Comment

a little boring now... but still good to catch a round once in a while

Comment

Why do people feel compelled to annouce their departure from the game? Just leave and shut the f@ck up! We don't care!

Comment

Unless you have all your expert badges,then there is something to shoot for. I am not concerned about the awards or rank, I just enjoy the game play. If you join a clan, that may help or just take a break for awhile or there is always EF, and AF, but if you have played for awhile it could be boring, unless you find a group of guys to play with. If you don't get owned anymore, come play with me, I am owned more than I own

Comment

I still have a good time. I'm an infantry man, so I play Sharqi ALOT. Brilliant map. It would be almost perfect without the choppers, but I like them better than jets on the map.

My problem is that I got used to other games where I could choose my loadout. For example, I always carried heavy body amor-Engineer Kit-Hand grenades-M4/203 as my standard loadout in Soldner. On top of that, because the game was based on a money system, I could buy whatever chopper/tank I wanted. That freedom doesn't exist in BF2. I feel like the some of players the BF series draws would complain non stop about me making ammo for my tank and 203...and repairing it with the same pack...and packing an accurate rifle on top of it all. It was a big adjustment to me when I started playing BFV.

Bottom line- This game will far outlive 2142, IMO. Once the modders can overcome the delays/changes presented by EA/Dice(and the players get over the futile ranking system) the community will go down some of the same positive roads that BFV did after some of the problems were smoothed out. This is a very fun game(except the poor netcode at times), and I will continue to play it knowing there will be ALOT of people to play with.\

You should re-install it. I'm happy if there were only one server populated-as long as I can find a slot.

Comment

So you are an expert (I am not talking about the badges here) at every class? Whenever I feel like I am in a rut, I play as a class that I dont have many hours on, or a map that I dont play much, or........there is so much variety in classes, roles, maps, etc. it shouldnt be too hard to find something that gets you interested again.

Comment

I've never found it boring, I just want to play more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by PrayingHands
                        Once the modders can overcome the delays/changes presented by EA/Dice(and the players get over the futile ranking system) the community will ...
                        i think it wont happen at a scale everybody seem to be expecting

i think that time of mods is nearing an end. games got too big, too complicated and too time consuming to mod. if a mod takes YEARS to relase it is a mod nobody is going to play. because community expects mod of at least the same quality and quantity as the oryginal game.. and that lots and lots of time [time we dont have, and as the mod can be made by realy skilled and talented people, well, they can earn money with they skills, and they do. nothing wrong with that]

hl2 was relased over a year ago, yet i cant see any 1st class mod made [maybe dystopia]. there are lots of simple alterations, but no total conversions, no new freesh feel put into it[maybe eclipse]. same goes with bf2. all that poe2, fh2 etc.. WHEN these are going to be relased? in 2008? relase date comments are vague at best, if at all. and progress listed on sties well.. isnt a sign of quick [in 2006] relase. in 2007 we all are going to play bf2142, because eas probably is going to shut down the ranking system for bf2 [evil, eh? just my speculation, i'd do that, players behave like lemmings, and all would whine, and all would switch. mooore badges! moooore ribbons!]

and finaly - who cares about mods if there is an officla ranking system? live with it, EA won this game - ranking system killed all competition form mods. killed 3rd party map scene [why make, when nobody plays?]. recenly i spent lots of time playing unranked maps, these are great, unranked servers with altered oryginal maps - these were a blast. but f.. it was so hard to find populated servers.

points all the way!

Comment

dude, bunny hoppinng/dolphin diving is pretty much gone. People can hop around, but you can't hop+shoot. If anything, youre an easier target hopping. and ive yet to see a diver, but theres a delay to firing after going prone now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCaz
                            Why do people feel compelled to annouce their departure from the game? Just leave and shut the f@ck up! We don't care!
                            If only they taught children to read at an earlier age.....

nobody said they were departing from the game, we would just like more content to keep our attention longer.

For these guys that play hundreds and hundreds of hours it is only realistic to think that eventually they will start becoming bored...

I would settle for just different game types instead of just straight up conquest

Comment

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
                              Anyone else think BF2 is dead/dying.

I no loner get any enjoyment out of the game. It all just seems the same to me. Don't get me wrong, I have had some wicked times, but it's just really boring now. I have achieved first sgt, gained most the medals, all medals and ribbons which i think i can achieve and the games just aren't challenging anymore. I hardly ever get owned nowadays. There is nothing left in the game for me to play for.

There aren't nearly as many servers running as there were 2/3 months ago BF and SF. When i first started playing there were sh:tloads of EA servers. There are alot less EA servers running games. Even with some changing over to Euroforces there are alot fewer, and even fewer populated ones than before. Less players are playing and the figure is gradually decreasing. EA bring patch after patch out which are always bugged. I mean they brought patch 1.22 out and they were already working on patch 1.3...even before it was released. They will get it right eventually but i think it will be too late when they do.

BF is currently uninstalled on my pc. I don't feel inclined to reinstall it again.

Anyone else feel the BF2 series is dieing a slow death?
                              O my God! I bet your whole life sucks. Get some exersize and eat right.

Comment

Working...
                              X