Punishing tk's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Punishing tk's

And that's just in the past 2 months. For people that still don't know... using the "search forums" button is the cool thing to do.

Comment

If i get tked i give them the length of the time till i respawn to say "sorry" with the command or type sorry, or revive me

if not, punish

Comment

My very nature is to forgive but I tell you what, if I were on that clan server and some jack ass clanner with a twisted sense of vehicle entitlement tk'd me, I'd punish him, and relish the ban.

Screw clans that abuse ranked servers.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
          omg, i said this last time!!

-2 for team damage (half health)
          -2 for a tk
          -2 for a punish

for an outright tk with no punish YOU WILL ONLY GET -2 points, WHICH STILL COUNTS TOWARDS THE TK KICK/BAN.
          This couldn't be more wrong.

Hard to believe this issue can still be debated.
          Punishing has NOOOOO effect on the score. It will contribute to the threshhold the server you are on has set for kicking do to excessive team killing and perhaps it's a way for someone to express their frustration upon you for killing them. But in no way does it ever affect the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
            Many clan servers have the rule so that we have an excuse to kick the noobs who stand in front of jets and TK for vehicles. Otherwise we'd have to stop flying or driving anything.
            Everyone knows it isn't just n00bs that do that. Plenty of so called clan members do it too. It is unreasonable to have a rule that states "You can't punish our clan or your banned", what is to stop the clan people from TK'ing on purpose to get someone banned?

Originally posted by D|sso
            errr....This was tested in detail by somebody who tried to clear up all the BS.

And in the end, it was concluded that Being Punished for a TeamKill does NOT yield more of a reduction of points. You only get points off for the teamkill itself. The Punish does nothing, but simply add up to kick you once you reach the limit set by the admin.
            If that is the case then why do some servers have the silly rule of "You can;t punish our clan mates or be banned"? What would it matter? It doesn't seem necessary to make such a rule if the punish does nothing. Don't TK in the first place.

Comment

Oh, oh! My turn!

For a TK you get -3.5 points
              If you get punished then you get an additional -17/5 points
              Team damage is -.33(8*[5])
              and for team vehicle damage you need a doctorate in calculus.

Sorry, I felt left out.

Comment

Originally posted by -={DAC}MI7
                If i get tked i give them the length of the time till i respawn to say "sorry" with the command or type sorry, or revive me

if not, punish
                So what you're saying is, if I place a mine or a claymore and you are blind and can't see the neon danger sign and either walk in front of my claymore or drive over the top of my mine and die, you will punish me for not saying "sorry" or reviving you?

If that is what you are saying, then it would appear that you are the type of player that makes me want to reach through the monitor and ...................., well, lets leave it there!!!!!!

I know this has been done to death, but what really, really annoys me more than anything else in this game is losing points for just adopting normal and proper tactics when playing engineer or sniper and then be subject to docile ............. killing themselves and you lose points for it. Then if that is not enough to make your blood boil, they punish you for their stupidity.

I realise that the "punish" does not add to the negative score, but it is the fact that they blame you for their death that really p........ me off!!!

I would like to see these people lose 8 points for being stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. BlackHawkPilot73
                  i was wonderin does punish someone for tk send them to hell or something..beacuse on every clan server it always says if you punish are clan mates we will ban you...

This reminds me of the fond story of my one and only BANNING,

I was in a server that rhymes with Panzer Elite Ranked(haha). It stated on thier rules punishing for accidental TK's=BAN, NO EXCEPTIONS, that was half the reason i joined. This is after the option for servers to turn FF on mines off. I was a sniper defending a choke point on Surge, i had a claymore defending my position, as i turned with my scope to my eye i see an enemy running, right behind him is a team mate of mine, possibly 5 feet. The enemy triggers my claymore, and it kills him along with my team mate. This claymore was not in a general traffic area, but rather a secluded spot, away from team mates general passage. So almost instantly i was punished by my team mate, whom i noticed was also a server ADMIN!!@!!!!!?????? An admin who is supposed to enforce thier server rules you would assume. So i asked why the punish, and explained the rules just in case he didnt know his OWN server rules. No answer, so i joined his squad, and started verbally abusing him via the VOIP, felt so good. So i then began to show him what intentional TK's were like, so maybe in the future he would know the difference between a mine, which contains its own triggering mechanism, and my PKM which has a trigger manually pulled BY ME!!!!1:laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He punishes me for the TK's and i stated in global chat "there [whoever], now you can punish me, because that was intentional". I spawn again, drill PKM rounds into the back of his cyber skull again, punished again, explained "very good, yes that was intentional too"....needless to say i was kicked after 3 times of killing his lame ass, and that would be my one and only ban.......

Comment

If you do not lose points from a punish then what is point of the punish??????????????????

Comment

With the red tag bug unless someone kills you to get a vehicle I would say it is always accidental. I've played 100 hours now and have only 25 teamkills all due to the red bug but I have been punished just about everytime. I think from now on I will be like everyone else and just punish even though I know it was an accident or due to the bug. I'm not a very good player but I try to help my team win. I understand it doesn't hurt your score either to get punished but it is just the idea that nobody uses any sense before they punish.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                        omg, i said this last time!!

-2 for team damage (half health)
                        -2 for a tk
                        -2 for a punish

for an outright tk with no punish YOU WILL ONLY GET -2 points, WHICH STILL COUNTS TOWARDS THE TK KICK/BAN.
                        I find it hysterical that some people still dont know how the punish system works and will argue total garbage anyway :laugh: - whats even worse is that he has over 1000 HOURS in the game and still hasnt worked it out

Comment

Personally I forgive 9 times out of 10. I only punish if it was due to being really dumb or if it was intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                            If you do not lose points from a punish then what is point of the punish??????????????????
                            It simply counts towards the "auto-kick" feature, say its set to 4 then 4 PUNISHED teamkills will get you auto-kicked 4 TKs that are forgiven will have no effect, except on your score.

Comment

i thought it was -2 for the first 50% of health, and -2 for the second 50%, and thought punish was a -4, or -2....

tonight i should try to accumulate some punishes to test this out.....i will have to test it out on multiple servers that offer a variety of settings regarding this to ensure accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by -={DAC}MI7

if not, punish
                                I wish more people would do that. I always give the person the benefit of the doubt, I wait for atleast a sorry before I make my decision. If I get an apology Ill forgive them. If i know its my fault I forgive them immediatly.

I wish some people would realize its not that hard to wait 10 seconds for an apology. Whenever I see someone who wrongly punished me waiting to be revived I fake them out with my shock paddles and walk away.

Comment

Working...
                                X