Can/should i kick a good players ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can/should i kick a good players ?

This is far from admin abuse, this is actually the way a server should be admined. What skunk is talking about here is not kicking/banning players because they killed him. I know that there are admins out there like that and I know it isn't right, but don't bring that in here.

This kind of issue rarely comes up with anything other than air and its usually the jets, though occasionaly an attack chopper team can wreak the same havok. I have always been of the opinion that if one or two players are really taking all the fun out of the game for the rest of the 62 people, then it IS okay to ask them to stop. I play a lot of wake island and I have seen this way too many rounds. If they refuse to stop (and if they do they will probably spam immature crap about how the other team are just noobs and they can play however they want) then I think a kick is justified. Not a ban, though.

Before you start flaming me, understand that I am not talking about kicking people because they killed you a few times or took your plane and whatnot... that IS admin abuse. I am talking about the rounds where a J10 constantly rapes the carrier and boats and the US can't even get on land and don't have much chance of fighting back and the PLA team twiddle their thumbs on the island. It is rounds like that when an admin should step in and ask the offender to back off a bit. If the admin asks the guy(s) to back off nicely several times and they refuse/get snotty/etc... then I think its ok for an admin to kick them. The same would go for a clan coming in and stacking up a team, although I have never seen a clan teamstack to such proportions that it matters or is even close to being worthy of kicking them, but I can see the possibilities of such an instance theoretically happening.

And the ticket ratio is such a frustrating issue. I do not see the difference in playing one round over an hour versus 2 30 minute rounds. I do not see how it allows a player to score more points one way over the other. It does however cut down on the time spent loading maps and it does allow for a more "complete" feeling round. Another reason I do not see a reason to keep this in place is the small amount of people it really affects. I mean, seriously, how many people actually continued to care about the leaderboards after the first few weeks when they saw that the guys up there had more points already than most of us will ever have. Remember patch 1.2 when they didn't increase the ranks past 300,000 or whatever point the ranks capped off? They said it was because the number of players with over 300,000 (or whatever) points was a very small portion of the community and they were adding the ranks for the majority of the players, not the few at the very top... Well the ticket ratio limit IMO has been in this position for a very long time. I really don't understand the reasoning behind that limit and infact I never did.

Comment

[MyIS]Spetsnaz - sorry bro. Was just tossing the question out there and looking for the same kind of hep to takle and issue. Didnt take it as a flame - but, I didnt get any help from the comment ...No prob.

Maybe it's a "damed if ya do - damed if ya dont", topic...

Comment

Originally posted by ~USM~AmishHitman
        [MyIS]

Maybe it's a "damed if ya do - damed if ya dont", topic...
        Yeah thats very true, but you can be dammed by 2 people or 62 ? Which do you prefer ?

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
          The only way to guarantee a game will last longer is to lower the player count "substantially"

We run 50 players on 64 but... we rarely get 30+ minute games either. It took me ages to get the combat infantry medal and the only requirement I needed was 34 minutes IAR.

The only way to almost guarantee 30+ minute rounds is to have 16 on 64 player maps.

The other way you could do it if the teams were stacked skill wise is to even the skill up on both sides.

I know its a dilema for sure we have the same problem and the last atleast 10 rounds I have played recently our side won every game by over 200 tickets.
          I concurr. I don't like 34+ servers, play on and run 32, game is much better.

Comment

Working...
          X