Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello '

Originally posted by rombaft
    ok, problem is, I am not at home now, so I don't know it all exactly , but I give some direction and you should find it, if not, I will post exactly how in about 3 hours .

when you are on your desktop , press right mouse button , then properties , then settings , then advanced, then push the tab somewhere above where the name of your cards stands (7800GTX) .

now comes the part I don't know exactly

then there comes a menu to the left with some things in it , then just look where you can set profiles to your games , once you have found that , look for battlefield 2 , then you will be able to change some stuff to the battlefield 2 profile ,
    there you will find AAF , set it to 16x , also you will see somewhere an option , something like
    - game controled
    - driver controled

don't know if it is still called like this, could also be something like overruled by driver, or something , you need to select driver controled .

If you don't find it, just post here, when I get home, I will post the exact steps to find and change your settings here
    cheers m8 i tryed got stuck lol,yeah that would be great if you post it when you get in tonight TIA

Comment

:hmm: Yeah i just looked at the 7900gt and its the same price as the 7800gt but with 24 pixel pipes compared to 20 on the 7800 ' ive changed my mind agen lol oh well

Comment

i have a 6800 ultra/256. i'm wandering if some of those settings you're using would run alright with my card. thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
          i have a 6800 ultra/256. i'm wandering if some of those settings you're using would run alright with my card. thanks for any help!

you can only know if you try, realy, just try it, if the performance is still acceptable, use them .

@cybercrow, ok, I will post the exact steps here when @home

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777
            :hmm: Yeah i just looked at the 7900gt and its the same price as the 7800gt but with 24 pixel pipes compared to 20 on the 7800 ' ive changed my mind agen lol oh well
            i was goin to say get which ever is cheapest but there both the same price,
            defo go for the 900 then m8 i would as it would be a better purchase.
            even the 7800gtx havent been pushed to there limits yet due to the bottl neckin so we're all in for some nice lookin/perfmance games in the future.

Comment

7900's also run cooler than the 7800's, basically the 7800's were the best of the old technology and 7900's are the worst of the new technology.

got lost coast working
              http://worlddomination.thegamingunion.com/HL2/
              shame fraps couldnt handle the res, fantastic frame rates... i dont think, but it did look very kinky.
              Do you reckon Rombaft should get a commison from Nvidia for a succesful sale?

Comment

Originally posted by satanbzb
                7900's also run cooler than the 7800's, basically the 7800's were the best of the old technology and 7900's are the worst of the new technology.

got lost coast working
                shame fraps couldnt handle the res, fantastic frame rates... i dont think, but it did look very kinky.
                yup looks sweet,yeah nvidia give rombaft some commison hes sellin your goods here for ya :P
                rombaft cut me in for half :P

Comment

Originally posted by satanbzb

got lost coast working
                  lol, wish they would, but....

about 7800 and 7900 , well, actualy they are both exactly the same, only difirence is 7900 is build on 90nm transistors , wich result in lower powerconsumption (at same clock speeds) , resulting in beeing able to use higher clock speeds resulting in higher performance , and last but not least, due to the smaller transistors they have better yields wich means they could get the same architecture working with way less transistors, wich is good because it's cheaper .

Also, wasn't always an Nvidia boy , I started out with an Gforce 2 MX card, then later one a Gforce 4 Ti card (costed 300$ at that moment) , then switched to ATI with a 9800pro , later a X800pro , and now back to nvidia with the 7800GTX , I just buy the card wich is best at the moment for a reasonable price .

Comment

I started out with an Gforce 2 MX card, then later one a Gforce 3 Ti card , then switched to ATI with a 9800pro , now a x850pro , i will go back to nvidia with the 7800GTX , or something else, when I've decided to change to PCI-E mobo & gfx

Rombaft, did you also start with AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                      Also, wasn't always an Nvidia boy , I started out with an Gforce 2 MX card, then later one a Gforce 4 Ti card (costed 300$ at that moment) , then switched to ATI with a 9800pro , later a X800pro , and now back to nvidia with the 7800GTX , I just buy the card wich is best at the moment for a reasonable price .
                      Voodoo3, Geforce 256 Annihilator, Geforce 2MX, Geforce3, 9800XT (we all make mistakes), 2x 7800gt's... next quad sli me thinks because my res cant make use of it.... but not until i get to play in the rubber room.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                        I started out with an Gforce 2 MX card, then later one a Gforce 3 Ti card , then switched to ATI with a 9800pro , now a x850pro , i will go back to nvidia with the 7800GTX , or something else, when I've decided to change to PCI-E mobo & gfx

Rombaft, did you also start with AMD?
                        no, also switched , started out with a PIII (don't know the exact speed anymore) , then a P IV (also don't know the exact speed anymore) , then a Athlon XP1900+ (running hot) , then a P IV 3.2 prescott (running even hotter) and now a AMD 64 4000+ (wich runs OC'd and cool) .

Comment

Could you imagine how BF2 would look using the source engine?

Comment

... i want your current CPU

Comment

Just my 2 cents:

I play BF2 on all high settings, 1280x1024, 60 hertz refresh rate, 8xAA, 16xAF and it looks and plays great, especially on the DLP projector that I use to put it up on my wall at home. Nice 8' by 6' screen make sniping alot of fun.

My rig is one that I build myself. Asus AN8-Ultra mobo, AMD 64 3000+, 2GB DDR 400, Antec 550w PSU, Maxtor 300GB SATA HD, BFG 7800GTX OC.

Me likey technology!

Comment

I get a 50-70 FPS on those settings , sometimes peaks to 80-100FPS , sometimes drops to 30FPS , must say my 7800GTX is OC'd to 500/1350
                                also my CPU is OC'd to 2.7 (4000+ who runs stock 2.4) and I have 2Gb of ram .

[IMG]HL2 at that res crashes with the detail turned up and lost coast is a big no no.[/IMG]

stange, this because I get way better FPS in the HL2 engine and also in lost coast with everything high AA4x AAF16x , in the lost coast demo I got 80-100FPS and peaks to 170FPS , never dropped , I find the source engine more effective then the BF2 engine and producing more details .

at the other hand , the BF2 engine renders a bigger part of the map then the Source engine, also the BF2 engine due to the rendering of very big parts of the map it sucks up RAM
                                Yeah I like the source engine more as far details, I'm not a big fan of the bf2 engine made by the EA/DICE team in Stockholm, Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X