Hello '

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello '

any one got any 7800gt/gtx screen shots they can post please i cant find them at all, thank's

Re: Hello '

should be posted in media , but here are some screens I took (some time ago) , click on screens to see full version .
    Also, screens are converted to JPG instead of BMP , so there is a small quality loss, meaning in the game it looks even better .
    some screens are from BF2 : SF , some from BF2 vanilla , settings all high AA4x AAF 8x with 7800 GTX , at this moment I run @ 4xAA and 16xAAF

Comment

Oh my god that is the nut's i have got to get me one of those oh yeah, thanks for the pic '

Comment

and here even more screens, don't know exactly what my settings where at that moment, some SF, some vanilla , again in JPG, so some quality loss from original .

Comment

doesn't look all too much better than my 6800/128

Comment

and, here some screens from lost coast, not BF2 , but Hl2 , from a demo who pushes the source engine to the limit, here you realy see what a 7800GTX can do, graphical power to the limit , click on image for full view and look into some details in church, on guys face and stuff, reflection in the water, ....

Originally posted by troybob
            as I said, it are JPG files, there is quality loss from converting from BMP , there is a big difirence between the original and the converted file, certainly on textures

Comment

that's some mad graphics' ive just one more question, on those settings is that playable or is that like 30fps or do you have to drop them down a bit do you know your fps ? thank's agen

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777
                Oh my god that is the nut's i have got to get me one of those oh yeah, thanks for the pic '
                Think 7900 would be a better idea

Anyway, totally pants fps but 2x7800gts can do this
                http://worlddomination.thegamingunion.com/EF/
                That res and detail level is about as much as you can get from 2 of them. HL2 at that res crashes with the detail turned up and lost coast is a big no no.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob

^^lmfao^^ that is the most stupidest comparison ive ever heard made me lol.
                  how can you say that this is a picture so there for it dosnt show frame rates so in your case you would have major fps loss compared to a 7800gtx.

Originally posted by satanbzb
                  Think 7900 would be a better idea

Anyway, totally pants fps but 2x7800gts can do this
                  http://worlddomination.thegamingunion.com/EF/
                  That res and detail level is about as much as you can get from 2 of them. HL2 at that res crashes with the detail turned up and lost coast is a big no no.
                  altough the 7900 is the better card i agree but at the moment all the games are bottle necked due to cpu's.
                  even the 7800gtx is bottle necked at the moment so there would be no point just yet buying a 7900 but dont get me wrong would be nice to have one

Comment

Originally posted by mills7777
                    that's some mad graphics' ive just one more question, on those settings is that playable or is that like 30fps or do you have to drop them down a bit do you know your fps ? thank's agen
                    I get a 50-70 FPS on those settings , sometimes peaks to 80-100FPS , sometimes drops to 30FPS , must say my 7800GTX is OC'd to 500/1350
                    also my CPU is OC'd to 2.7 (4000+ who runs stock 2.4) and I have 2Gb of ram .

[IMG]HL2 at that res crashes with the detail turned up and lost coast is a big no no.[/IMG]

stange, this because I get way better FPS in the HL2 engine and also in lost coast with everything high AA4x AAF16x , in the lost coast demo I got 80-100FPS and peaks to 170FPS , never dropped , I find the source engine more effective then the BF2 engine and producing more details .

at the other hand , the BF2 engine renders a bigger part of the map then the Source engine, also the BF2 engine due to the rendering of very big parts of the map it sucks up RAM

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                      should be posted in media , but here are some screens I took (some time ago) , click on screens to see full version .
                      Also, screens are converted to JPG instead of BMP , so there is a small quality loss, meaning in the game it looks even better .
                      some screens are from BF2 : SF , some from BF2 vanilla , settings all high AA4x AAF 8x with 7800 GTX , at this moment I run @ 4xAA and 16xAAF

goin sound a right idiot now i can see it comin lol but whats 16xAAF?

Comment

Originally posted by cybercrow
                        goin sound a right idiot now i can see it comin lol but whats 16xAAF?
                        AAF is : anisotropic filtering

can not be set ingame, only in your games profile in the driver .

while AA (anti aliasing ) is to smoothen your lines , AAF is to make the image sharper , I know how AA works but I don't know how AAF exactly works , but it does improve your image quality , only latest cards (x800 series ati, and 6800 cards nvidia) suport it to 16x , not even all of them give suport to 16x , and the newest go to 32x .

press folowing link to see an example of AAF working, right half is AAF on , left is off ,

must say, it looks spectacular on that picture, but in BF2 , there is a difirence, but not that great

Comment

AAF is : anisotropic filtering

can not be set ingame, only in your games profile in the driver .

while AA (anti aliasing ) is to smoothen your lines , AAF is to make the image sharper , I know how AA works but I don't know how AAF exactly works , but it does improve your image quality , only latest cards (x800 series ati, and 6800 cards nvidia) suport it to 16x , not even all of them give suport to 16x , and the newest go to 32x .

press folowing link to see an example of AAF working, right half is AAF on , left is off ,

must say, it looks spectacular on that picture, but in BF2 , there is a difirence, but not that great
                          cheers rombaft can you tell me where to set up 16xAAF an how please, i also have have a 7800gtx (xfx) an the difference looks way better.TIA m8

Comment

stange, this because I get way better FPS in the HL2 engine and also in lost coast with everything high AA4x AAF16x , in the lost coast demo I got 80-100FPS and peaks to 170FPS , never dropped , I find the source engine more effective then the BF2 engine and producing more details .

at the other hand , the BF2 engine renders a bigger part of the map then the Source engine, also the BF2 engine due to the rendering of very big parts of the map it sucks up RAM
                            Actually your completely right, it used to crash last time i tried it at that res (i think ive changed drivers since) now it just crashes if i take a screenshot- its time to crack open the fraps.

Comment

Originally posted by cybercrow
                              cheers rombaft can you tell me where to set up 16xAAF an how please, i also have have a 7800gtx (xfx) an the difference looks way better.TIA m8
                              ok, problem is, I am not at home now, so I don't know it all exactly , but I give some direction and you should find it, if not, I will post exactly how in about 3 hours .

when you are on your desktop , press right mouse button , then properties , then settings , then advanced, then push the tab somewhere above where the name of your cards stands (7800GTX) .

now comes the part I don't know exactly

then there comes a menu to the left with some things in it , then just look where you can set profiles to your games , once you have found that , look for battlefield 2 , then you will be able to change some stuff to the battlefield 2 profile ,
                              there you will find AAF , set it to 16x , also you will see somewhere an option , something like
                              - game controled
                              - driver controled

don't know if it is still called like this, could also be something like overruled by driver, or something , you need to select driver controled .

If you don't find it, just post here, when I get home, I will post the exact steps to find and change your settings here

Comment

Working...
                              X