BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

yes, that is the error i get when i select speech; audo; mike.
    I have already trained the speech recog. through ms speech, before i added shoot,
    I will try it with xml file loaded,
    does not work with profile loaded.

Comment

Ditto. Shoot refuses to work, and GV refuses to install.

Comment

I found Shoot doesn't like .Net 2.0, it only seems to like 1.1.

Comment

The problem is never with the software or what software to choose but with the fact that so many players are'nt using voip. When voip becomes mandatory then the software issue will become an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy
            I found Shoot doesn't like .Net 2.0, it only seems to like 1.1.

Like Spuddy said. Does that mean you got it working successfully then?.

Comment

I can tell this rocks ...................i'am still working on the perfection off this but
              this is for LAZY people like me perfect......it's so relaxed .........tanx for the good work LANSERSCHREK !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                Like Spuddy said. Does that mean you got it working successfully then?.
                It works, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the autohotkey stuff. It keeps mis-selecting things. I'll have to have a tinker about with it a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_WILD
                  yes, that is the error i get when i select speech; audo; mike.
                  I have already trained the speech recog. through ms speech, before i added shoot,
                  I will try it with xml file loaded,
                  does not work with profile loaded.

Same here, tried it , same thing happening with me

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy
                    It works, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the autohotkey stuff. It keeps mis-selecting things. I'll have to have a tinker about with it a bit more.
                    Hehe, yeah same here. The autohotkey bit is the most troublesome, if I say "Sorry" 9 times out of 10 Autohotkey will interact with the Commo Rose correctly but occasionally it'll select one of the other options so i have to repeat the command but thats Autohotkey's issue not Shoot eh. I'm thinking maybe in the Autohotkey script that the mouse might need to be reset to it's original position after each use, or turn on that "CoordMode". Anyway if you tinker around successfully with it let me know and I'll do likewise

Comment

ok! I got it to recognize the mike, but only when I load certain profiles. fs9 for example. the bf2 profile has a sound error when I try it, I extracted the bf2 file in the post above into the shoot folder, and put bf2 profile in profiles folder, do the wav. files have to be in the sounds folder?
                      what program will edit the profiles?
                      I am not using ahk, or should I. just need the voice commands, no key strokes.

Comment

ok! I got it to recognize the mike, but only when I load certain profiles. fs9 for example. the bf2 profile has a sound error when I try it, I extracted the bf2 file in the post above into the shoot folder, and put bf2 profile in profiles folder, do the wav. files have to be in the sounds folder?
                        Yes, put the .wav files in the Sounds folder. For editing the XML file(s) use whatever you like, personally, I just use Notepad.

Comment

Excellent. Some progress. So it is something to do with having a profile loaded? Why can't it be straightforward. Couldn't recall how I got it working first time. Never seem to have the issue after you first get it working.

Anyway yes, the wav files have to be in the sounds folder as it searches that path. You can use any wav files, it's just the default ones didn't suit me and weren't obvious to me what state Shoot was in so I used those two. Same goes for profile folder for BF2 XML file, just place in profiles.

You can just use plain ol Notepad for editing the XML file but be careful with keystrokes etc, I also use Notepad++ http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

There isn't really any need to use Autohotkey. That is only used if you want to assign Hotkeys to interacting with the Commo Rose. In fact you can delete or comment out that section from the BF2 XML file.

Glad it's working for you

Comment

I'll have a mess about with that "CoordMode", see if that helps. I wish I could of got Voice Flux to work, as it has everything all in one. Unforunately, I couldn't see a way to hold down the Q key and move the mouse about.

Comment

I am going to try this again, when I open a profile in note pad it does not allow me to edit, i get the hand cursor only, and if i try to creat an xml, the save as option does not have xml in the list??

Comment

In Notepad, change the 'Type' from '.txt' to 'All Files'. Then you can put whatever file extension you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X