BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

I use voice buddy 3.o to activate keyboard commands in all my games. my problem is, I cant get it to work with BF2. I need someone who uses VB in bf2 to send me a command set, or help figure out why mine won't work in game.

Re: BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Hmmn, intriguing that it doesn't seem to work. I'm using a freeware voice recognition program called Shoot which can be found here http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/ It seems to work fine sending keypresses to BF2 so I'd imagine Voicebuddy would too if setup correctly.

The only issue I've found so far is that it works perfectly in SinglePlayer but in Multiplayer if voice recognition is left on it it can send random keypresses. So I had to adapt and use it's Toggle On/Off method, so I toggle it on when I want to issue a command (I use the 'T' key as it's used less than 'Q') and it auto-toggles off. It's so useful for issuing commands mainly when flying a jet, chopper or tank. I've found weapon switching is instinctively faster using my MX1000 mouse. However displaying Scoreboard, Map, zooming map, answering yes or no to commander orders is perfectly suited to voice recogntion.

I'm also using it in conjunction with Autohotkey to interact with the Commo Rose. That part is experimental though.

Shoot profile available in this post.

Comment

lol why dont u both use teamspeak then?

Its always worked perfectly for me in any situation and is totally free.

Comment

I use Teamspeak all the time with my squad for communication. Excellent app. However he is seeking to use Voice Recognition software in order to issue keyboard presses. So he says 'Map' for instance and it mimics depressing the 'M' key and up pops your Map, say 'knife' and it mimics pressing '1' key and up comes your knife etc. So you have a series of voice commands to simulate keyboard presses. Comes in most useful when flying and you don't have the time to scramble across the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
          lol why dont u both use teamspeak then?

Its always worked perfectly for me in any situation and is totally free.
          Teamspeak doesn't send keypresses via voice recognition, dumbo.

Comment

Man...This is the epitome of laziness.
            Not to mention most likely adding a ton of overhead on your PC.
            I hope you don't complain about your frame rate when you have this on.

Comment

ok ok fair enough i obviously didnt read his post properly.

But as logon says it is kinda lazy and probably rapes your pc's resources which could be used to run bf2.

Comment

No, it doesn't affect performance at all.. Don't say anything without being 100% positive.

Comment

Not quite correct...
                  It may not noticeably effect performance. Anything running in the background behind BF2 is taking up resources and effecting performance.
                  Don't say anything technical without being 100% knowledgeable.

...and it's still lazy

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                    Not quite correct...
                    It may not noticeably effect performance. Anything running in the background behind BF2 is taking up resources and effecting performance.
                    Don't say anything technical without being 100% knowledgeable
                    But you never said anything about "noticeably" in your original post, so stfu.

Comment

Lazy?, Affect Performance?. Hehe, no need to knee jerk to a negative opinion here. Ironic that something that requires effort and a little original thinking to implement can be defined as lazy. I'll take that as a purely personal opinion. From my point of view it's a personal preference and I can easily sacrifice a measely 13,420K out of 2Gb to improve my experience of BF2. As for framerate being affected LOL. It's as lazy as reassigning your keys if that can be defined as lazy to your personal preference or using JoyToKey to take advantage of the POV Hat on your joystick because of the lacking implementation of Joystick features in BF2. I'd prefer to have all my options easily accessible and I'd prefer to add my enjoyment and efficiency in game especially when in a Jet or a Helicopter. I don't want to be scrambling across the keyboard for the Map, Zoom or PgUp keys in games when I can easily simplify the process.

Comment

Never been a problem flying with my keyboard and looking for keys , Mind u i have long fingers lol .

Comment

Well for people who fly with a joystick it's a bit annoying having to take one hand off and move it onto the keyboard just to say "Yes".

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                            I'm using a freeware voice recognition program called Shoot which can be found here http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/ It seems to work fine sending keypresses to BF2
                            Interesting, I'll have to give that a try. Should be a laugh if nothing else.

Comment

I tried voice software when I first started playing BF2
                              my fingers are older and stiffer than most of you young pups :P
                              worked great
                              I have P4 3.2G with 2.5 Gb ram
                              then I joined a clan with Ventrillo
                              had too many false hits - so I abandoned it
                              but it did work
                              might be fun to try again
                              but then again - do not need to many voice keystrokes
                              all I do is say to my gunner - shoot :P

Comment

Working...
                              X