BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Well, ! looks like I ruffled a few feathers, but, vB works great for me since I can't use my arms, and I don't have a problem with resources. I also run navsmart tracking for mouse movement. Thanks for the input,
    still need the VB set to play.

Comment

This is kinda interesting, I always thought of those program made for lazy **** that dont want to type out letters or something like that, Never knew it could be used on this!

My question is, how clear do you have to say the word- In a serious fight primary runs dry, PISTOL PISTOL PISTOL.. when your running around trying to say that it might garble up a bit.

Plus sensitivity - like words? will it set it off.... trying to think of a like word. you get the point.

As well how loud do you have to say it ?

My fiancee gets annoyed with me as is yelling, Swearing, throwing the mouse,keyboard,joystick,....... anyways I make to much noise as is just wondering how much more I can annoy her??

Sounds cool tho.

Comment

Well I can't comment on VoiceBuddy, I'm sure GI_WILD will be able to tell us how that works, I imagine it uses some kind of proprietary Voice Recogntion but Shoot 1.6.4 is just a front end to take advantage of Microsoft's Speech SDK 5.1 for Windows http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/sdk51/ and then push the keys for you. It's a pretty damned good voice recognition option. You just seem to give it about one 5 minute training session and it appears to work smooth after that, from a low voice to fiancee annoying booming voice seems to be recognised. So feel free to annoy her some more if need be hehe

Personally I don't use it for weapon switching, I find using my MX1000 mouse is instinctively faster for weapon switching and I have all my weapons assigned to it's plethora of buttons. It's handier for bringing up the Scoreboard, Map, zooming map or mini-map, answering commanders orders, etc. And I've experimented using it in conjunction with Authotkey http://autohotkey.com/ to voice interact with the Commo Rose while flying a jet or chopper and it defintely works a treat there. Having said that it does work for weapon switching and I suppose it can be used to leisurely switch to a knife, wrench or C4 in a quiet spot but nothing beats the fast weapon switching of my trusty tilt wheel.

If you're interested in trying out Shoot even at a basic level drop me a line and I'll send you the XML profile I've done up. There are already profiles for several games up on the Shoot site that can easily be tailored to any game.

Comment

I tried Shoot for a short period, but it just didn't seem to interact right.
          VB, however is totally keyboard responsive, I can say crouch, and be down, as fast as I can hit the key. there is no lag between saying the command and doing it in the games. Also you can change reaction times in the game editor. crouch;wait1000 is like ducking, many options here. but, i use head set with mike, if my dog,wife,etc.,are in the room and bark,hehe, VB will hear that and think i gave the command, you train it recognize your voice, you dont have to shout,just easy,normal speech.

Comment

I used to use Microsoft's now-discontinued GameVoice with BF1942, BFV, and I tried using it with BF2. It worked fine with BF2, but I felt that with the commo rose, I didn't need to use voice recognition anymore.

GameVoice can allow some VERY complex macros...plus it has a very configuration parameters section that allows you to define the amount of ms needed to recognize a command.

It isn't supported by MS anymore, but it still works VERY well

Try it!!

EDIT: Game Commander 2 is another option that I have used and had good success with.

Comment

thanks talus, i couldnt download from that crappy link cos it always breaks for me, but a mate got it and msn'd it to me lol

I tried shoot but i had errors not being able to get it working and in the end after seeing their support forum was dead and full of unanswerd support questions i gave up.

Will try this other one though.

*edit*

Scratch that, doesnt work, something about missing dx7 install, LAME!!!!

I need another free voice wossname, i already have the microsoft voice recognition stuff installed and setup, i just need to turn it into keystrokes

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                I used to use Microsoft's now-discontinued GameVoice with BF1942, BFV, and I tried using it with BF2. It worked fine with BF2, but I felt that with the commo rose, I didn't need to use voice recognition anymore.

GameVoice can allow some VERY complex macros...plus it has a very configuration parameters section that allows you to define the amount of ms needed to recognize a command.

It isn't supported by MS anymore, but it still works VERY well

Try it!!

EDIT: Game Commander 2 is another option that I have used and had good success with.

Thanks for the link Talus, just downloaded it. I'll defintely try this out.

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                thanks talus, i couldnt download from that crappy link cos it always breaks for me, but a mate got it and msn'd it to me lol

I tried shoot but i had errors not being able to get it working and in the end after seeing their support forum was dead and full of unanswerd support questions i gave up.

Will try this other one though.

*edit*

Scratch that, doesnt work, something about missing dx7 install, LAME!!!!

I need another free voice wossname, i already have the microsoft voice recognition stuff installed and setup, i just need to turn it into keystrokes
                What issues did you have with getting Shoot working Frosty?. I had problems with it initially too but worked my way around them so drop me a line and I might be able to get it working for you if they were similar issues to the ones I encountered.

EDIT: Frosty, this Autohotkey thread recommends two other freeware voice recognition apps, one called VoiceFlux, the other SpeechBuddy. Might be worth a try.

http://autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopi...ice+recogntion

Comment

Shoot takes about 2% processor power while issuing commands...

Comment

Can anyone post their BF2 Shoot XML and AutoHotKey INI files?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy
                      Can anyone post their BF2 Shoot XML and AutoHotKey INI files?

Cheers.
                      Hi Spuddy,

A few people have already messaged me with the request and I emailed it to them. So here's my XML file you can use to start with. You might want to edit out the stuff that calls the AutoHotkey Commo Rose stuff but pretty much all the other Battlefield keyboard commands have been defined. Edit it to your hearts content.

EDIT: I just realised you wanted to try the Autohotkey stuff as well so find that attached and ready for experimentation too. Drop me a line or post if you have questions.

EDIT2: Original file removed, the following zip file contains a new fully working XML file for Shoot 1.6.4 which can interact with the Commo Rose using DosX's method of assigning Commo Rose functions to the Numpad.

Many thanks to Spuddy for his great find.

Installation process here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                        Hi Spuddy,

A few people have already messaged me with the request and I emailed it to them. So here's my XML file you can use to start with. You might want to edit out the stuff that calls the AutoHotkey Commo Rose stuff but pretty much all the other Battlefield keyboard commands have been defined. Edit it to your hearts content.

EDIT: I just realised you wanted to try the Autohotkey stuff as well so find that attached and ready for experimentation too. Drop me a line or post if you have questions.
                        Excellent, cheers for that.

Comment

Why does shoot not recognize my mike? I thought I would give it another try since I cant get VB to work on bf2. I got the 1.6.4 shoot & .net framework installed, I already have the speech recognition working on winxp pro. any suggestions?
                          microphone wizard failed to initialize?
                          how do you edit the xml file?

Comment

Originally posted by GI_WILD
                            Why does shoot not recognize my mike? I thought I would give it another try since I cant get VB to work on bf2. I got the 1.6.4 shoot & .net framework installed, I already have the speech recognition working on winxp pro. any suggestions?
                            microphone wizard failed to initialize?
                            Hi there,

By any chance is this the error you are getting? "Microphone wizard failed to initialize". If so I got that error too and went looking through the Shoot forums. I think the way I got around it was to go to 'Speech' in 'Control Panel' and configure the mike there and do the basic speech training and then the next time I went into Shoot it recognised the mic and allowed me to access the MS Speech functions from within Shoot. Then again some of the threads state that you need an XML profile loaded before it'll recognise the mic. I'll uninstall it and try it again from scratch tomorrow to verify. Hope that is of help in the meantime.

Comment

so i can automatically set it up to crtl alt delete twice everytime i shout FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK?

best idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SO19Visionaries
                                so i can automatically set it up to crtl alt delete twice everytime i shout FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK?

best idea ever.
                                Yup. Or maybe just an Alt + F4

Comment

Working...
                                X