Clear All

Re: Boost Medic IQ, Delay Revive Points

Hmm i dont understand

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop
      Hmm i dont understand
      It's perty simple...

Within this system, you wouldn't get revive points until 10 seconds after you zapped someone back to life. If the guy you revived is dead again when those 10 seconds are up, you don't get your points at all.

The theory is that if he's dead again within that time, it wasn't a "good" revive and you shouldn't be rewarded for it. Thus, it encourages you to be smart with your reviving by making sure there's no threats that are just going to blow the guy (and you) away again.

Comment

medic revive whore, snipers claymore whore, engineers armor whore, assault n00b tubes, support spamms ammo

its all good now!

Comment

Originally posted by BasherTarr
          Instead of nerfing hte medic, why not implement a button that you can click if you don't want to be revived? Like "Go on without me"
          Win one for the Gipper!

Comment

Could be a good idea.. dont know if it was said before but idiots could just not want you to get points and run into the enemy and die (not likely its just a small negative).

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
              I like your idea, except for this. I agree that it sucks to get revived in the line of fire just to die instantly, but this may be pushing things. If I revive 3 DIFFERENT guys in 10 seconds...i should get those points. If I revive the SAME guy 3 times or more in 10 seconds, I shouldn't get more then 2 points.
              My thoughts exactly.

Another thing I read off an online tip guide somewhere that helps -

That guy you're reviving - he just got killed in that very spot.
              Good to look around little at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Moon
                If it ain't broke don't fix it.
                That's my strong opinion right now. I like the current system and it should not be tampered with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  This isn't the point. The idea isn't to nerf the medic, it's to simply not award points to medics that do boneheaded revives.
                  The point seemed to be to "smarten" them up. Except my concern is that this wouldn't smarten them up in the slightest. I'd imagine they'd run around doing the same thing, they'd just get fewer points for it. Even with a delay on the revive point, they'd go for it just for the "potential" point.

And that's just for the people reviving people who are pinned down. The kamikazis are already taken care of: getting yourself killed already has a score penalty attached, it's called wasted time spent not scoring points because you're dead or running back.

Comment

I am not so sure about this idea but it sounds good.

Comment

Aye. Honestly, that's the bit of code I like the least as well.
                      It occurs to me that it would be possible to set the delay flag up so that it referances to the specific guy revived instead of a general flag. This would allow you to still delay the points per revive, but you'd get credit for everyone you zap... as long as they're still alive 10 seconds later.

I haven't finished my coffee yet, so I'm not going to attempt the psudo-code ATM.

This isn't the point. The idea isn't to nerf the medic, it's to simply not award points to medics that do boneheaded revives. Aside from that, I think that if you open your spawn screen and leave it open, you can't be revived. I read that someplace and have heard medics zapping me while I was choosing a different kit, but didn't get revived. I'm not sure tho.

Can anyone verify either way?

bonehead revives??? Since when is getting revived a bad thing????

All They need is an option to say I dont want to be revived.. That stops the spamming and keeps meds playing.

No one cares about the med. Who cares about the points. They are there so people revive!!! which most people do not do How many times has a med just walked by you and didnt care???

stop with the nerfs. I bought the game as is. Its not broke so dont fix it

Why do people care so much if they are number one? Like I said before meds only get around 3-13 revives avg (13 isnt often) with little kills..

Comment

Sounds interesting...although 10 seconds sounds really long, perhaps 5?

EDIT: Actually yeah, a button to make it so that you can choose whether or not you want to be revived would be an easier solution...and would work better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                          Sounds interesting...although 10 seconds sounds really long, perhaps 5?
                          The exact amount of time would be something to play with to see what *feels* right. Part of the reason I desided to go with 10 seconds for the suggested duration is because it would make a bigger impact on stats padders.
                          EDIT: Actually yeah, a button to make it so that you can choose whether or not you want to be revived would be an easier solution...and would work better imo.
                          This isn't the point. The idea isn't to nerf the medic, it's to simply not award points to medics that do boneheaded revives. Aside from that, I think that if you open your spawn screen and leave it open, you can't be revived. I read that someplace and have heard medics zapping me while I was choosing a different kit, but didn't get revived. I'm not sure tho.

Can anyone verify either way?

Comment

....Further, we all know how annoying it can be at times when you get revive happy medics zapping you back to life while you are still directly in harm's way. It's a pain, but there's really no reason for medic NOT to do this. They still get their points regaurdless of your fate. It's actually in their best intrest for you to die again while they get away, so they can score a couple more points.
                            "Revive Happy Medics"? You may still hear the Tank that ran over you, but i can see it's not in range. So, if you weren't to busy cursing me for reviving you, and got up and Ran you would still be alive. Besides, it doesn't matter how many times you die, if I continue to revive you and you live it doesn't count for more than one Death against you.

I was mowed down 4 or 5 times by M1A2 @ Square/Karkand near TOW, my Squadmate kept reviving me until finally an AT on the otherside took the Tank out. My Death count never changed. This may not be a secret, and it's no solution to your "Medic Whore" whinage. But that's because I don't agree with the basis of your theory.

T

PS - When I say YOU in the above nonsense, I don't necessarily mean You WG, but it could apply - LOL/JK....Also, if one of you could Confirm or Despute my above claims that would be nice too...heh

Comment

I never used the word "medicwhore".

You actually managed to outline exactly why I put the disclaimer on the idea. I can't really argue with your example or claims.

My only comment is that maybe he only deserves one revive award since he really only kept one grunt alive. He could have been reviving other guys instead of just you repeatedly and could have gotten himself killed in the process.

Under my suggestion, he would have gotten 2 points. Instead, he got 8 or 10.

*shrug*

Comment

Working...
                              X