Punishing your own team for a TK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Punishing your own team for a TK?

One time, I took the Jet on wake island, as China, then this one guy stands right before me. I wait and wait, hoping he would go away. Then, I get hammered by artillery. This guy dies from my exsplosion, punishes me instantly, then laughs and says "That's what you get for taking MY jet".

ANGER BLAZING

So I took my Jackhammer, waited for the jet to respawn, then brought 7 shotgun shell in this guy's face every time he tried to get close. I gave the jet to the other players offcourse, but this one guy never got it. Finally. I was kicked, with a decent - before my score, but it was totally worth it

Comment

tks own, I always punish

Comment

I never punish..
        I always think "karma"..what goes around comes around...

Comment

I only punish if its intentional, blatantly stupid or without any thought going into what they are doing. Otherwise 85% are page up, forgives.

Comment

well as one of my clan m8's got his own server last week - anyone who punishes for accidental TK's will just get kicked! and thats the way it should be IMO

Comment

I find it funny that on many of the European servers, they punish for literally everything. I've noticed its a lot more common on Euro servers than American ones for example. I can't stand servers that have punish options, votes & mutiny's, the whole screen is constantly filled with rubbish messages that detract from the play.

I play on a UK WTE site, its auto punish, which is actually a good thing, there are no arguments whatsoever about punishing, and the penalty makes people behave a little more resonsibily..also it has an admin so smacktards get banned real quickly.

Punishing shouldn't be done unless someone tk's you deliberately for a vehicle etc...otherwise, you really don't have a full understanding of how you got tk'd...accidents happen, and sometimes you may run straight one of your own team members firing..its not their fault that you can't take the time to look around you. I imagine most people that punish are the children that play this game.

Comment

I forgive immediately most of the time. The only time I usually punish is when it's blatent and reckless idiocy on their part and there's no apology by the time i'm about to re-spawn..

I've only had to punish immediately once and that was last night when some w*nker TKd me for the AA on the USMC artillary island at Wake. I then lowered myself to their level and tkd them back in a fit of rage. :evil:

Comment

I got tk'd the other night from another engineer who wanted the repair point...how sad is that?

Comment

somebody touched on it, and i believe it. most punish all the time, accident or not because it adds a death to your score. in a game where stats are such a big part of it, that is, imo, why everybody punishes so much. i think that if ea wants to truly combat the problem, they need to make tk's not add a death to the person that got killed, but still access the negative points to the tk'er. maybe if this was the case, people wouldn't care so much about getting tk'ed because it doesn't affect their stat as much, and then people won't punish for every tk.

Comment

I think they do it more out of the fact it detracts from the tkers score, increases their chance of getting gold. Just my opinion tho.

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                      What? You can't get teamkilled by claymores, and since the patch only 2 clays at a time per sniper.
                      Came across this which I think is kind of a good point. I agree cus in karkhand now they leave claymores everywhere, they may only have 2 per round but there being used less tactically, not just in a place to cover their backs when they are sniping.

made me lol anyhow.

Comment

It depends on the situation but I usually punish. This is the first game I've played where it was an option, and this game I get TKed much more than any other FPS I've played. Before I started this game the FPS i've played you got punished for TKs, period - accident or not. No vote. So I'm used to it. If I TK someone I expect to get punished. I say sorry anyway, but not becuase of trying to get out of being punished.

Comment

Working...
                        X