Punishing your own team for a TK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punishing your own team for a TK?

What's the point in punishing your own team for a teamkill? I can see it if they guy is killing you over and over, but to punish immediately after without waiting to see if the guy appologizes is just plain rediculous.
    This is one feature that needs to be taken out of the game. Seems like the page up key is the only key some of these people know how to use.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Sarssis

Re: Punishing your own team for a TK?

Keep it.
    Be selective in how you use it.

If you are the victim of a punish... reflect on why you killed the guy..

If it is due to some of the sillynes (Vehicle rolls after you get out... your veh exploding and killing others, reb/blue tag...) Blame the game and the punisher.
    If it is due to you spray and pray shooting things... suck it up and learn better control or target id
    If it is to get a vehicle... Screw you and you deserve the punish.
    Just play the game and deal with it (Which is an unfortunate state we find ourselves in)

Not saying you do any of the following.
    But to get rid of it would only encourage the stupidity of some players that are allready out there TKing at abandon.

Comment

if the punish option comes up on a players screen, they hit punish 99% of the time, even if u say sorry. thats the mentality of the retards that play this game.

Comment

i punish if they shoot me. or if they just run me over in an FAV cause theyre an idiot.

if its explosive i probably wouldnt punish, unless hes chucking them in our base or something.

the only tk issue that needs addressing is claymore whoring, widespread and ruining urban maps.

Comment

Sorry to state the obvious, but you can only be TK'ed by your own team, so it is a given that you are going to punish your team if they TK...

(If only there was a way to punish the enemy for killing you... )

As for the topic, well there are people who simply punish and there are those who don't mean to but a too distracted to notice the option to forgive and you get auto-punished...

Personally I always try to say I am sorry fast (not always easy when you are being shot at) if I TK. If I am TK'ed I will usually forgive unless it was very obviously deliberate or occurs mulitple times without apology...

Of course the red tag bug is still with us as well which doesn't help...

Comment

what fuels my punishing fire is when people punish for AA teamkills. Its aboviously an accident with AA 99% of the time. I'll usually forgive if the person says sorry...if not its a punish.

Comment

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
              i punish if they shoot me. or if they just run me over in an FAV cause theyre an idiot.

if its explosive i probably wouldnt punish, unless hes chucking them in our base or something.

the only tk issue that needs addressing is claymore whoring, widespread and ruining urban maps.
              What? You can't get teamkilled by claymores, and since the patch only 2 clays at a time per sniper.

To the original poster, I play on servers that have the teamkill punish option disabled. If you can find one you really get an appreciation for not having every bitter idiot out there punish you for the slightest infraction.

Comment

How about this:

Punishing should only be available if the player who teamkilled haven't said sorry after 10-20 seconds.

I know the system can be abused by just go on and teamkilling and say sorry.
                But maybe you can tweak it a bit so my idea gets better, any ideas?

Or EA should change so that AA TK isn't punishable etc.

Comment

I never punish, and I can't think of a time I was blatently TK'd.
                  The people that punish for the following **** me off....

Seeing you shooting at someone and moveing from behind you to directly in your line of fire.
                  Sprinting in front of your vehicle cause they just have to get by before you pass...every 0.5seconds count I guess.
                  The blown up vehicle one.
                  Getting totally destroyed by air in any of the air maps, and your teams pilots suck so you take up aa, and drop alot of them and get one TK and get punished.

Oh and the one TK I hate happening to me and I mights start punishing.....you kill 2-3 guys and get a flag neut, a teammate flys up in a jeep, see's movement or someone hideing and shoots them, and then tells you sorry for shooting you and you miss out on another point while he did jack ****.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                    What? You can't get teamkilled by claymores

YES U CAN! mines will still tk as well!! and the person that died gets an option to punish

Comment

You can get TKed by clays, but only if a friendly is in the blast radius when an enemy sets it off.

~Wolfgang

Comment

The only time I've ever punished for w tk is when I was climbing a ladder and someone took pot-shots at me. No way was THAT accidental...

Comment

No one ever thinks about if they should punish or not. They just hit page down because there's a death added to their score.

Comment

About AA TK's. It happens to mme way to often. I'll be sitting in the Essex making sure bogeys don't come near. Which by the way is extremly important. I see one of our guys getting chased by an enemy, I lock onto him fire 3 or 4 but they somehow hit my guy. Now I am trying to sve his life but instead he punishes me...

ANGER

Comment

I usually wait to see if I get a "Sorry" or not. As well as the context in which is occured - my stupidity-

Comment

Working...
                              X