Kit Comparison Graphs: Feedback Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit Comparison Graphs: Feedback Wanted

In my ongoing efforts to envision information visually, I've finished a set of kit capabilities charts. The goal is to provide an aggregate, at-a-glance means of assessing abilities and comparisons.

Please note the definitions in the bottom right and feel free to give feedback on the dimensions or the actual values. Each dimension has 4 levels, so please specify the kit, dimension, and level you think ought to be shown instead. Also, please include justification.

My hope is that these will grow and shrink as game mechanics change. Enjoy.

NOTE: The image is just a little too wide for the forums so it's being shrunk a little. Click on it to get the full version without jagged edges.

Re: Kit Comparison Graphs: Feedback Wanted

Interesting graphs... but a little subjective especially on the defence/offence scales.

I'd be sorta more interested in some bargraphs based on straight numeric values.

Comment

The PKM should be a bit better with the 'against veihcles' considering they have the pkm. But the rest looks pretty good.

Comment

thats pretty neat good job I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Interesting graphs... but a little subjective especially on the defence/offence scales.

I'd be sorta more interested in some bargraphs based on straight numeric values.
          Yea they're subjective - that's why I asked for feedback. Think grand scheme. Someone COULD use the sniper for offense, but it's not really the kit's strength.

You can't really quantify most of these dimensions with hard calculations, but you still need to compare the net "values".

Comment

Subject to interpretation; for example, I wouldn't agree on special ops being as efficient as AT for anti-vehicle. C4 only really applies to tanks and armor, and then only for short range. You can't use it against helicopters, and I'd wager it's a bad idea to rush a machine gunner in a jeep with C4.

And engineer too. Engineer is general an underpowered class outside of a vehicle, so I'd expect a lot of low bars there.

But in general, interesting graphs, nice to compare the classes.

(lol @ support)

Comment

Gee...notice the support kit? Why would anybody want to play anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
                Subject to interpretation; for example, I wouldn't agree on special ops being as efficient as AT for anti-vehicle. C4 only really applies to tanks and armor, and then only for short range. You can't use it against helicopters, and I'd wager it's a bad idea to rush a machine gunner in a jeep with C4.

And engineer too. Engineer is general an underpowered class outside of a vehicle, so I'd expect a lot of low bars there.

But in general, interesting graphs, nice to compare the classes.

(lol @ support)
                You have to consider the other dimensions, too. They maye have equal ratings, but the SO anti vehicle might be more geared toward defense, for example.

Comment

Think Support should show lower mobility than Assualt. From personal experiences Assualt can run further and stuff. (Except w/G3)

I think Sniper should show higher mobility, they have one of the longest sprints. (About same as Spec Ops)

This is just from personal experience though...

Very Nice graphs :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
                    Think Support should show lower mobility than Assualt. From personal experiences Assualt can run further and stuff. (Except w/G3)

I think Sniper should show higher mobility, they have one of the longest sprints. (About same as Spec Ops)

This is just from personal experience though...

Very Nice graphs :salute:
                    Support has the same mobility as Assault, in ability to fire weapon accurately, sprint distance, and time to set up.

Sniper has good sprint but isn't so much a shoot-on-the-run type. Mobility is a combination of sprint and ability to function while moving. I could bump it to 3/4 from 2/4 if other folks think it makes sense.

Comment

Good graphs variable. Can't really add anything as I think you've already got a pretty good grasp of the current kits' strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

why is supports thing vs vehicals so low? it shouldnt be equal to the medic. if you have the PKM or any of the support guns you can take out cars pretty easy.

Comment

Looks pretty darn good.

Comment

I would think Assault's offence would be as high as it could go. That is it's main purpose is it not? Just being picky as i play that class, but it is a very well done graph.

Comment

don't take this the wrong way:

but you got a lot of time on your hands =)

Comment

Working...
                              X