Do you play for medals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play for medals??

I was wondering what percent of people play for awards or acctually try to get them, i played for a while not and now just one day was like i will try and get them but i don't go into a game and hide in a transport for 15 mins just to get them medal

Re: Do you play for medals??

I just try to get the medals i need to rank up and get unlocks.

Comment

nah..medals are waaay to hard to get (except for the purple heart and stars) But all the other medals are like play 29018 hours ...but now that i got gy. sgt. i feel like i dont really need awards now, and its time to settle down and play for fun

Comment

To be honest, for the badges such as the Basic AA badge, I went in a server, and hopped onto the ESSEX AA at the right, and just sat there idling while I read a magazine. I did the same for transport, but commanded while I sat in a boat. These were only to get the badges, because, I mean who really sits in AA for 10+ minutes a round?

Nonetheless, Medals is a different story. You need to reach abajillion hours...you can't play "for" those.

Comment

I am not playing for them, I just play a lot , when I see I am getting close to some medal , I do go for it .

about badges, ribbons and other stuff, Yes, I go for them , as of now , only sniper and support aren't expert for me, so lately I almost only play sniper or support (unless the situation needs another kit, like AT or spec ops guy) , and I have fun with them.

but some badges or ribbons, seem impossible to me, so I don't even try for them, like heal expert badge or war college ribbon

Comment

The answer is NO.

I play for fun. If I played for pointless medals, the game would be pointless. However, if there weren't points and no medals... The game would also be pointless (literally and figuratively).

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
              The answer is NO.

I play for fun. If I played for pointless medals, the game would be pointless. However, if there weren't points and no medals... The game would also be pointless (literally and figuratively).
              offcourse you play for fun , but you do play for medals or other stuff to looking at your sig , don't tell me you never went for something in a round .

Comment

I just play for fun, and if I start getting near a medal, I'll put forth the effort to get it. But if I don't ever get my War College Ribbon, I won't feel like I missed out on something.

Comment

im like rombaft, i go for medals that are within reach. at the moment im tryin to get veteran transport and distinguishes service medal and after that expert engineer and hopefully expert repair

Comment

I play for fun as well as for the badges/ribbons/medals, I go for whatever I am closest to getting generaly. soon I wont really have anything close to go for tho, so it will be just for fun for a while! but hey, I voted yes, cause I definately have gone into the servers aiming for a particular badge/ribbon/medal

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                      offcourse you play for fun , but you do play for medals or other stuff to looking at your sig , don't tell me you never went for something in a round .
                      Of course I have... if he is asking do I like to get medals to challenge my skill every once and a while the answer is yes.

The question was "do you play for medals" Thats why the answer is no.

In his paragraph he confuses the question. So if you vote yes... it might mean that you will actually sit inactivley at/in something just to get a medal. Thats not the case for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
                        Of course I have... if he is asking do I like to get medals to challenge my skill every once and a while the answer is yes.

The question was "do you play for medals" Thats why the answer is no.

In his paragraph he confuses the question. So if you vote yes... it might mean that you will actually sit inactivley at/in something just to get a medal. Thats not the case for me.
                        ok, this is true, the topic isn't exactly so clear on what is ment, but I think he ment

Comment

Sometimes, so my answer is yes.
                          Mostly when i was close to certain kinds of stuff.
                          But i don't need that to show off my friends. They don't BF2. They play some games that look extremely stupid to me :P

Comment

I play how I want to play and not how I have to play just so I can get some kind of shinny medal, which in alot of case requires I spend x amount of hours in that vehicle etc, if I happen to spend that amount of time in said vehicle great but if not then I dont see the point, but thats the best thing about BF2 there is so much varity and I am progressively going through the kits/vehicles

Comment

No, but when I do see that I'm elegible for the next level badge or ribbon I just adjust my gameplay slightly to get it. It's such a miniscule thing so why not? For example, I'll get the Valorous Unit Ribbon if I now get 45 team pts IAR... so why not be a medic for a round on Karkand, you know what I mean?

Oh! I did get all the basic combat badges to get to First Seargeant.

Comment

Working...
                              X