Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The P-90

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
    Because we need to assign it a level of crap.

I rather use the mp5 instead of this garbage, I see nothing good about this weapon, it's rate of fire suck balls, it does barely any damage and compared to the one in RL, this is no comparison. It's a weapon that's is worse than standard weapon.
    It's most definitely the worst unlock.

Comment

no kidding. id even feel bad unlocking is as my last unlock.
      i made a new account and quickly got up to corporal to see which i should unlock: the P90+SCAR-L or the Jackhammer+MP7. the MP7 has been nerfed yet it is still far from an ineffective weapon - and its fun as hell too. the jackhammer *can* be an improvement over the pumps in some scenarios.
      the P90 is a pitiful POS, and the SCAR-L is a downgrade from the G36C. sure it has 6% more damage, but it has more than 6% less accuracy. it still takes 4 rounds to kill - if it killed with 3 rounds i would consider it as an alternative, but for 27 vs 25 damage and inferior accuracy no way. its a clear downgrade.

i think the people posting 'i do fine with the P90' are missing the point.
      if you want the added satisfaction of killing someone with the worst gun in the game (including pistols), then by all means use the P90.
      if you can do well with the P90 then i commend you - you are an above average player that has mastered the submachineguns.

but the fact remains that the MP5 is better, and if you do that well with the P90 you would do better with the MP5.

the P90 will be the last weapon i unlock. the SCAR-L will be the second last.

Comment

Originally posted by HullBreach
        The 5.7mm ammunition it uses is essentially a low mass small caliber hyper-velocity copper-jacketed aluminum slug (might be steel cased, its been a few beers er years). It is designed, much like the 4.6mm the Mp-7 uses, to basically ignore personal armor. It is capable of defeating CRISAT standard armor at 150m, while retaining enough energy and mass to create a noteworthy wound.
        This is something they should've added to the game to make the P90 more useful. Less damage reduction on the vest wearing classes. Add the accuracy that you saw at the live test, and it would be a great weapon

If they're gonna have real weapons modeled in the game, at least try to get the characteristics of that weapon right. I'm not saying they should all be super realistic, one shot one kill, but if a P90 has a higher ROF than an MP5 IRL it should be the same in the game. And if the MP5 does more damage to a non armored person, compared to the P90, it should be the same in the game. Obviously the P90 should do quite a bit more dmg to ppl wearing armor vests.

As it is now, they could've made one generic model for the SMGs and painted them in different colours to symbolise different caracteristics. Get the blue one for better precision, or go with the red one if you want less precision but bigger ammo clip.

Comment

Didnt someone already post that the p-90 only does 19 damage less than a pistol. Do the math

Against an unarmoured unit you need 6 rounds to kill
          Against an armoured unit you need 8 rounds to kill

Thats just complete and total crap with deviation your going to miss a couple of rounds . And then your going to miss alot more if they start to bounce around like a loon . That means you could use nearly a full clip to just take one guy down thats crap IMO . If your useing the p-90 instead of the DAO-12 your not making yourself as effective as possible and doing yourself and your team out of combat effectiveness. Think about it the DAO-12 is a beast in CQB the p-90 sucks donkeys d**k in CQB. Also at long range if you start shoting at anyone (unless there useing a shoty or the p-90) as long as there half descent there just going to stop in there tracks and kill you look how many bullets it takes to kill someone . And dont say aim for the head ive not tested this yet but im guessing as the p-90 is weaker than a pistol its going to be 2 shots to the head to kill like the pistol you try landing 2 headshots on someone moving with a weapon thats that inaccurate it aint going to happen. At long ranges your much better of just using an AT missile as long as there running straight at you if not just hide and surprize them with the DAO-12 .

EDIT: someone already said were discussing how crap the weapon is to give it a crap rating (a sir bloke i think) . And i personaly give this weapon a rating of COW DUNG id rather throw cow SH*T at someone than use this weapon a couple of sundried balls of cow dung would proberly do as much damage abnd be as accurate.

Worse main weapon in game IMO

Comment

Working...
          X