Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunting The Enemy Commander

Originally posted by ILuvDaKnob
    Ya, if I have no real good targets for more arty because of friendlies in the area or whatever.. I will send the occasional shot to the enemy commander or a suspected sniper camping out on a hill.

Ditto!

LOL, and snipers think they are invisable.

Comment

As someone who plays the sniper ocasionally it is a little galling to spend some time getting into a good position with a view and cover (plus an escape route, etc...) only to be picked out by the Star Trek scanner and splashed with arty.. :cry:

But I can see the other side of the coin too... A decent sniper can be a pain in the arse and if there is no better target it is worth using the arty to shift him...

As for killing the enemy commnader, the knife is best...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Insane
        As someone who plays the sniper ocasionally it is a little galling to spend some time getting into a good position with a view and cover (plus an escape route, etc...) only to be picked out by the Star Trek scanner and splashed with arty.. :cry:

But I can see the other side of the coin too... A decent sniper can be a pain in the arse and if there is no better target it is worth using the arty to shift him...

As for killing the enemy commnader, the knife is best...

I usually use C4 on the unsuspecting enemy commander... I want to make sure there is NOTHING left of him.. I also get off on seeing his limp lifeless body fly through the air... And sometimes I just run over him in a jeep..

Comment

Very true... But you are relying on your forces too much to protect you.. In my experiance, the commander is pretty much on his own when it comes to his own protection.. Only plane campers and chopper campers are in the noncap base the commander is in.. And they won't risk missing thier precious chopper to come looking for me.
          On the contrary, I don't rely on my forces to protect me at all. I'm trying to protect the CO assets. I've found excellent hiding places on all maps...to the point where I often go the entire round without being killed...even if the enemy takes over the base where I'm hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero extreme
            When i play commander i use claymore defenses

Also many commanders like to hide in the enemies backyard. Its the last place your gonna look for the commander (your own homebase).
            The problem with this strategy is that, unless you're talking about a 16 player map, it takes time to get there. In my mind, that's time wasted where you could instead be helping your team by having your head in the Commander's screen. However, I'll do this if I take over commander duties in the middle of the round when I'm already out in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Insane
              Hah! This is why I love artying snipers...it's even better when they're working as a team with another sniper or a support guy. On Kubra Dam the other night there was a persistent sniper...he kept spawning at the Construction site and would walk along the ridgeline to get a good site line down into the Intake base...I'd let him walk all the way there...get settled in his spot under the tree and BOOM! Three times in a row. :laugh:

Comment

If you're commanding, keep the UAV in the air, go engy, stay relatively near the assets, drop supplies as ready and requested, scan and spot (after the dots disappear), stay hidden preferably under a roof, respond to requests even if it's a no, use the type facility to advise of problems, all should go ok.

If you see your commander in a plane or running around in the thick of things without doing any of the above, ask him wtf he's doing, no response call a vote a lot of people get severly ****ed off and tend to vote unlike random votes, bye bye moron.

Comment

in a recent clan match, I knifed the enemy commander in both rounds. Once after we lost TV station as USMC and I went over to well, I don't know, I was anti-tank, so I have no real idea what I was doing, I knifed him in the back near the MEC helo pad, and the 2nd round was when I paradropped onto the tv roof and found him hiding down the stairs.

My favourite "annoying the commander" moment was on the SF map with the mental hospital (I have no idea what this one is, has a church, night map, with the submarine on the 64 version), I was mec (spec op) and I took a jetski out to their asset island (way in the corner of the map, has all their assets) and proceeded to take out their Uav and arty. Drops a supply crate. Take out the UAV again, and the scanner, repeat x6, here comes the commander in a boat. I've got the advantage, take him out 3 times (resuppling from his crates) and eventually a 2nd guy comes, take them out repeatedly, was funny they got so owned.

Night vision and no commander assets make defence easy!

Comment

One thing I do is have my commander do a scan to try to determine the position of the enemy commander.. He is usually hiding out in his noncappable base with his screen up... I then kill him... And am usually creative about it...

I then C4 his assets and do it all over again...

This frustrates him to no end and he end up spending all his time looking for me instead of commanding..

Try it out... Its fun if your commander actually works with you..
                    is there any other way........? :laugh:

Comment

I hate when i use my artillery on a solo sniper on the hill and he gets away :\
                      The strike will start, the first one hits and then he runs and gets away easy.

Comment

there comes a time when a comander understands the vaule of givin intel to his troops so he mus stay alive, as well as help with the battle. i move arounds with the troops & cap flags,etc makin sure they never miss their UAV,arty,suplies, & intel. comanders like these are hard to find, but if you do, dont bother "hunting" for them...

Comment

btw ILuvTheKnob thank you for changing your avatar.... makes me a lot happier

Comment

Heh, I rarely have such a problem, because I don't stay near any bases when I command, I prefer to watch over in some mountain or bushes far away. Plus- most commanders don't seem to look any further than the immediate warzone, so they usually have no idea that the little red dot had appeared in the dinky corner of the map.

Comment

yes it is a good tactic i usally do it all the time and the commadner on my squad is top 120in the world i think now so he works with me all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X