Hunting The Enemy Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting The Enemy Commander

One thing I do is have my commander do a scan to try to determine the position of the enemy commander.. He is usually hiding out in his noncappable base with his screen up... I then kill him... And am usually creative about it...

I then C4 his assets and do it all over again...

This frustrates him to no end and he end up spending all his time looking for me instead of commanding..

Try it out... Its fun if your commander actually works with you..

Re: Hunting The Enemy Commander

Big "if" there though lol

but seriously u do make a good point a distracted commander is a less effective one.... of course a dead commander(on opposite team) is priceless

Comment

Good tactic. That happen to me before. Another time the comander went running from me. I never found him. but I blew up his assets and raped his base and took off his thier tank:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by warfryx
        Big "if" there though lol

but seriously u do make a good point a distracted commander is a less effective one.... of course a dead commander(on opposite team) is priceless

You are right about that big "if"!! Most of the time I can't get any help...

But from time to time, I do and its a blast...

Comment

When im commander, i only use arty on the commander

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill

sometimes this is kinda of a waste of assets though.... not to mention that after a few times the enemy cmnder will wise up and find a safer nest :hmm:

Comment

It's people like you that make being a commander the mots frustrating role in the game,

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                Yes, that is dumb. The arty is for support of the ground troops. You should not worry about the comander, let the spec ops guys get him while they blow up thier assets. As a comander, you are there for your troops to ensure they have adequate support and help to capture and defend flags.:salute: At your service......the comander is for the troops....not the troops for the comander.

Comment

^^^
                  True, but sometimes the death of their commander by artillery is enough to give your troops an advantage, or more to the point a disadvantage to their troops. As their commander waits to respawn he can't spot enemies, can't drop artillery or supply crates. When done at the right time it can allow your spec ops to get inside their base to blow their assets. I'm not for artillerying the commander everytime but when I'm commander and I can't find a group of enemy soldiers worth dropping artillery on I'll seek out the enemy commander to stop him from aiding his team.

Comment

Quick point, ermmm any commander worth his salt will spot you joggin along to his lay up way before you get there..... theres nothing better than disappointment at the end of a long run, priceless!

It's surprising tho how many commanders dont Scan, UAV, Scan, UAV in a cycle, they deserve a poke in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogatron
                      Quick point, ermmm any commander worth his salt will spot you joggin along to his lay up way before you get there..... theres nothing better than disappointment at the end of a long run, priceless!

It's surprising tho how many commanders dont Scan, UAV, Scan, UAV in a cycle, they deserve a poke in the face.

But a scan has very limited value on a moving target.. And if he is zoomed in to my location.. Fine, he is expending his energy on tracking me and not the battlefield..

I usually find that most commanders don't pay a whole lot of attention to me coming in.. They probabley just "spot" me and hope somebody else comes after me.. Which is somewhat rare in the back base..

Comment

You no ur doing a good job whe the enemy commander is wasting there time on a single enemy unit

Comment

If you do find a commander that will help you (I do), he can pick out the enemy commander by doing the following. Do satellite scan...look for solitary red dots in likely commander hiding spots (around the CO assets). Click on the red dots to spot them. If the dot turns white and blinks when your CO spots it, that is the enemy CO.

On the CO seeing approaching Spec Ops guys, it's easy to do that and still keep track of the battlefield for your team...it's just a matter of experience. Scans don't have limited value on moving targets. Whether they're moving or not, when I scan I look for where the enemy is on the battlefield. If they're near my forces, I spot them. If they're in an area I don't want them to be in, I spot them and/or direct nearby forces to take them out. I only use the zoom function if a SL asks for help locating a hidden enemy or if my other assets are recharging and I'm helping spot enemies in a secondary battle (UAV is over primary battle).

Comment

Originally posted by jlspence
                            If you do find a commander that will help you (I do), he can pick out the enemy commander by doing the following. Do satellite scan...look for solitary red dots in likely commander hiding spots (around the CO assets). Click on the red dots to spot them. If the dot turns white and blinks when your CO spots it, that is the enemy CO.

On the CO seeing approaching Spec Ops guys, it's easy to do that and still keep track of the battlefield for your team...it's just a matter of experience. Scans don't have limited value on moving targets. Whether they're moving or not, when I scan I look for where the enemy is on the battlefield. If they're near my forces, I spot them. If they're in an area I don't want them to be in, I spot them and/or direct nearby forces to take them out. I only use the zoom function if a SL asks for help locating a hidden enemy or if my other assets are recharging and I'm helping spot enemies in a secondary battle (UAV is over primary battle).

Very true... But you are relying on your forces too much to protect you.. In my experiance, the commander is pretty much on his own when it comes to his own protection.. Only plane campers and chopper campers are in the noncap base the commander is in.. And they won't risk missing thier precious chopper to come looking for me.

Comment

When i play commander i use claymore defenses

Also many commanders like to hide in the enemies backyard. Its the last place your gonna look for the commander (your own homebase).

Comment

Working...
                              X