Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At least decrease trigger distance and splash damage of claymores

Originally posted by bigpappa
    why does it have to be based on skill? if u run into a claymore, it was obviously placed in a good spot so u couldnt see it, thats the whole point of using claymores. so if i placed a claymore in the middle of the road and u run into it, i have no skill?
    But that's just it, in the latest patch, claymores don't have to be placed "out of sight". They can be placed right in the middle of a flag and the only way to get rid of it is the either track down the sniper who layed it (who is probably across the map by now) and wait 2 minutes, or suicide and hope a friendly medic is around to revive you.

It doesn't take skill to place a claymore anymore. Before you had to be careful that it was in a position where your teammates could see it and your enemies couldn't now they just drop them all over the place and wait for the kill, there isn't anything to worry about... no skill is required. Put it near a flag and you are pretty much guaranteed at least one kill. Skill is actually using something you learned and in turn get better at by training, you don't need to learn anything about dropping a claymore except where the flags are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Havok
      I don't think anyone is concerned with the viability of snipers using claymores, I think the disagreement comes into play when snipers are merely hanging out in stairwells throwing claymores like they're Johnny ClaymoreSeed trying to regrow the great Claymore Forest.
      Bahaha, sorry, that was great

Comment

Originally posted by WhitecapUK
        I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the more vocal complaints come from those who used to C4 chuck and now are a bit annoyed to be on the receiving end of some HE.
        I can't speak for everyone here, but I myself am no C4 spammer (check my stats: Screecher996).

Anyway, I'm not gonna post some huge thing this time. Simply that, if the ONLY strategy to get by a claymore (besides suicide runs) is to convince half a dozen of your teammates to completely change THEIR strategy and become medics, it seems unbalancing. At least C4er's could be seen and sometimes stopped. With claymores, it's there and there's no way past other than death. Hell, sometimes even the medic strategy won't work because often, there are more than one claymore per entryway, so he'll just get blown to bits too.....

Comment

Can't really understand how people can defend this incredible **** it has come to be. Are you simply stupid or afraid that dice will change this and you wont get easy kills anymore?

Its for christ sake just put a claymore in every common path and you will get a kill eventually, without worrying for tks - where is the skill? Even if a player sees the claymore he cant do anything about it (for example when entering a flag capture), even if you try another route, its also claymored.. i mean wtf? it just destroys the gameplay.

When 20 snipers run out in the beginning of the round, placing claymores everywhere, getting kills, placing more claymores, repeat repeat - something has gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X