At least decrease trigger distance and splash damage of claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least decrease trigger distance and splash damage of claymores

With the curent abuse and sometimes extreme abuse of the claymore , the claymores need to be adjusted , it's the new noob weapon and nothing you can do about it, when you see one, well, it's there and there it stays .

the trigger distance is way to big of those things .
    also the splash damage is way to big, has to be decreased .

Now the noobs are making way to much points just for laying down claymores and destroying the gameplay on certain maps .

Or the feature of blowing them up must come back , but the way it is now, it sucks.

Proof it sucks .

Before the 1.2 , there where some topics about complaing the TK's from mines and claymores , since 1.2 there are like a bilion topics on every bf2 forum complaining about the new system and the abuse .

Re: At least decrease trigger distance and splash damage of claymores

Originally posted by rombaft
    With the curent abuse and sometimes extreme abuse of the claymore , the claymores need to be adjusted , it's the new noob weapon and nothing you can do about it, when you see one, well, it's there and there it stays .
    ..until you run into it and then complain how noob they are. Do you throw down your weapons and cry when you see a claymore and there's nothing you can do about it? Or what exactly is the problem? You're forced to run into claymore?

Now the noobs are making way to much points just for laying down claymores and destroying the gameplay on certain maps .
    So the problem is that they are making points by killing you?
    They are not making points by laying down them, they are making points by letting people like you run into a well placed claymore.
    I haven't witnessed any "gameplay destruction" on any map since 1.2 with claymores.

Proof it sucks .

Before the 1.2 , there where some topics about complaing the TK's from mines and claymores , since 1.2 there are like a bilion topics on every bf2 forum complaining about the new system and the abuse .
    There are billion topics about EVERYTHING in BF2-forums since people like you allways start a new thread even though there already are "billion" other "I-got-killed-by-a-claymore-they're-all-noobs" threads.

edit: Oh, one more thing. I think that the detonation range is good the way it is now since it emulates the tripwire that's used in reallife to detonate a Claymore, as far as I know.

Comment

This is the same drivel that everyone posts about:
      The damn noob tubers are killing me, The stupid C4 chuckers, The dummy engineers with their mines, Retarded snipers with their claymores.
      I mean, this patch has drawn more response than any other I think good and bad. There are several things that blow about it, and others that are becoming acceptable. If it makes you feel better, think of it this way. Instead of chucking C4, the idiot proof claymores have been promoted to prefered weapon of noobs everywhere.

Comment

I got to admit I really like using those things now since I am working on expert sniper...on karkand they are the best defense at the hotel flag...you throw one at the ladder and one at the top of the stairs and no one can get up there without dying other than doing things they would never consider to do.

Comment

Im withrombaft on this. Its just too silly. You see one, its over 15m away and you still get killed by it. The amount of times when Ive spotted one, been far enough away and still get killed.
          Then there is the bit when you nearly run into one, dont die, but then cant move, otherwise you will die.
          -at least let us disarm them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Maniac
            ..until you run into it and then complain how noob they are. Do you throw down your weapons and cry when you see a claymore and there's nothing you can do about it? Or what exactly is the problem? You're forced to run into claymore?

So the problem is that they are making points by killing you?
            They are not making points by laying down them, they are making points by letting people like you run into a well placed claymore.
            I haven't witnessed any "gameplay destruction" on any map since 1.2 with claymores.

There are billion topics about EVERYTHING in BF2-forums since people like you allways start a new thread even though there already are "billion" other "I-got-killed-by-a-claymore-they're-all-noobs" threads.

edit: Oh, one more thing. I think that the detonation range is good the way it is now since it emulates the tripwire that's used in reallife to detonate a Claymore, as far as I know.
            you just don't understand,

Some maps, as karkand, sharqi, warlord, ghost town, .... you can't take any flags anymore, this because the only entrences are blocked by claymores .

And you can't see them always because of the big trigger distance, it's 10 feet or more . so you can drop them 10 feet from the corner, you come around and get killed .

running into a claymore isn't noob at all, you can't do anything about it at all. and if this is gameplay for you , then go play minesweeper or something but stay away from first person shooter games , they require other things

Yes , I say about points, this because it's a dam lame way to make points, just lay down some claymore, and sit back in your chair, boom boom, lay them again and again and again .

I asume you are someone who doesn't know how to kill with skill and so use stuff like claymores wich are 0% skill .

And there are topics on everything, offcourse, but this feature is breaking out on many forums .

Comment

when DICE make a balanced (rock, paper, scissors) game 90% of people will stop complaining.

DICE's reduced to 2 claymores fix(?) is a poor half arsed fix that doesn't really fix it...just reduces the problem slightly. I'll keep spamming my fix until they listen....

Originally posted by Leki
              The problem with claymores before was your own team running on them and giving you a TK.....sometimes it would be the snipers fault if he put them 2 meters away from where i spawn so i move forward an die right after spawning or putting them in high people traffic places where teammates need to run and blocking the way. When a sniper puts them out of the way to defend himself like on top of a ladder then him getting a TK for it is unfair.
              So the best solution would be to make claymores destroyable with granades and also make it so when a teammate walks over them it blows up but doesn't kill him.

This will make most people happy as claymores wont be as useful to spam in high people traffic areas as a lot will be disarmed by your own teammates running over them and with them being destroyable then its at least possible for the enemy to get past if they notice them, also snipers wont get any more TK's and punished due to idiot teammates trying to collect them up like powerups.

Comment

I am an anti-whiner, but I agree that the claymore change really can change the gameplay on the city maps. Moving the total from 5 to 2 will make a huge difference. Right now, 5-6 snipers and a couple of support people can lay 25-30 claymores essentially covering every flag, alleyway, stairway, etc. against foot soldiers. At 2 per sniper, there isn't as much incentive to use the claymores as an offensive weapon as opposed to providing defense for a sniping spot (their intended use).

If you are dealing with claymore spamming, get some armor and cap flags from there. Claymores are worthless against a tank or apc. Chances are there will be support or snipers close by ready to be smoked.

Comment

only two clays a sniper will make a diffirence but not so much , certainly on karkand where you can place two, go for resuplie, wait untill there apears "you killed ....) and place them again .

If they want to keep the claymore / TK system as it is now, the triggerdistance must be decreased, it's way to big now, it's like ten feet , also the splash damage must be decreased, now a squadmember gets into the ten feet and the whole squad is gone .

and with this triggerdistance you can't see the claymores at all if they are planted behind wall after corner, or something .

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                    Some maps, as karkand, sharqi, warlord, ghost town, .... you can't take any flags anymore, this because the only entrences are blocked by claymores .
                    Kill the sniper who laid the claymores there or don't even try to take those flags since they're too well defended. That's what the mines are for; to keep the enemy units away from certain areas.

And you can't see them always because of the big trigger distance, it's 10 feet or more . so you can drop them 10 feet from the corner, you come around and get killed .
                    Well that's where their efficiency is based on in real-life too. The whole idea of claymore is to "shoot" the target when he launches the tripwire. And the target most likely doesn't launch it if he sees where it is. You don't have to step directly on the claymore to detonate it in real-life either.

running into a claymore isn't noob at all, you can't do anything about it at all.
                    Yeah it's like you're forced to run into claymore by some invicible force.. :laugh:

I never said that it was noob. Complaining about other people getting points when you die on their traps is, pardon me for saying this, a bit noobish.

and if this is gameplay for you , then go play minesweeper or something but stay away from first person shooter games , they require other things
                    I should stay away from fps games? Aren't you the one who's complaining about others getting points for killing you with a "wrong" way?

Yes , I say about points, this because it's a dam lame way to make points, just lay down some claymore, and sit back in your chair, boom boom, lay them again and again and again .
                    No, not quite. It always requires that some dummy, like you, runs into that claymore. It also requires you to place the claymore in a good position so it remains hidden, but at the same time, it must be placed somewhere where the enemy unit will most likely run into it. Putting a claymore in a visible spot on the middle of the road most like doesn't get you a kill.

I asume you are someone who doesn't know how to kill with skill and so use stuff like claymores wich are 0% skill .
                    Who gives a **** about skill? I kill you -> your team loses a ticket when you respawn. Skill % doesn't matter at all to me if it doesn't affect the final score in anyway. I assume you are some who only cares about his kill/death ratios and ALWAYS beats his fists into wall when someone kills you with an AT rocket or even with that claymore that you didn't see...

Comment

I watched a sniper and a supply hold the TV Tower on Sharqi almost indefinitely last night. It took a whole squad (!) of medics to walk, die, rez, walk, die, rez, rinse, repeat until they could finally clear them out.

It's not like our squad saw claymores and just flipped out and charged. Claymore on top of ladder, entry denied. Claymore on stairs, entry denied. The only option would be to magically spawn in the sky, parachute to the top, and work our way down. Assuming he didn't just place a claymore a level up "just in case".

I think the problem therein is that with 5 Claymores out per, and no way for enemy forces to detonate them while friendlies can walk all over and around them, that creates unbalance.

Maybe if snipers could have 5 out at a time and they were destroyable by enemy forces/TKable OR if they had 2/per and indestructable/TKable.

Comment

As a regular sniper, i find clays one of the most important pieces of kit, considering that they have no armour or automatic weapons or any real team abilities... claymores are essential. brilliant for escapes

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Maniac
                          Kill the sniper who laid the claymores there or don't even try to take those flags since they're too well defended. That's what the mines are for; to keep the enemy units away from certain areas.

how can you kill the sniper who put them there if he is already long gone, and even when you kill him the claymores just stay there for some time

Well that's where their efficiency is based on in real-life too. The whole idea of claymore is to "shoot" the target when he launches the tripwire. And the target most likely doesn't launch it if he sees where it is. You don't have to step directly on the claymore to detonate it in real-life either.

you are talking about claymores in real life , lol , tripwires should be visible then , and chould be places also, and the fact tripwires go sideways, not from the front because the lever isn't plased this way

Yeah it's like you're forced to run into claymore by some invicible force.. :laugh:
                          when the claymore is behind the wall, you just can't see it, this is what I mean with "you can't do anything about it"

I never said that it was noob. Complaining about other people getting points when you die on their traps is, pardon me for saying this, a bit noobish.
                          there are ways to get points who are just lame, such as noob tubing, jihaad jeep, and now putting claymores everywhere because they don't kill your teammates , it's lame as hell, is 0% skill and is getting points for free, also destroying gameplay, BF2 is a first person shooter, not a game like minesweeper

I should stay away from fps games? Aren't you the one who's complaining about others getting points for killing you with a "wrong" way?
                          because you don't understand what FPS means, it means first person SHOOTER , not first person DON't COME NEAR ENEMY BASE BECAUSE YOU GET KILLED EVEN IF THEY AREN'T THERE

No, not quite. It always requires that some dummy, like you, runs into that claymore. It also requires you to place the claymore in a good position so it remains hidden, but at the same time, it must be placed somewhere where the enemy unit will most likely run into it. Putting a claymore in a visible spot on the middle of the road most like doesn't get you a kill.
                          look above

Who gives a **** about skill? I kill you -> your team loses a ticket when you respawn. Skill % doesn't matter at all to me if it doesn't affect the final score in anyway. I assume you are some who only cares about his kill/death ratios and ALWAYS beats his fists to wall when someone kills you with an AT rocket or even with that claymore that you didn't see...
                          and it is exactly this what describes you, it's exactly this attetude wich is destroing the gameplay , it are people who think like this who just won't understand gaming, they don't even do it for fun, they just think of winning bla bla bla

Also the claymores as they are placed now, there are like 10 teammates around them, nothing happens, well, if this is the case, Friendly fire must leave the game , why can't one weapon teamkill and another weapon is able to teamkill ?? even when 20 teammates are around you, just shoot the enemey true the teammates ,

Comment

I don't think anyone is concerned with the viability of snipers using claymores, I think the disagreement comes into play when snipers are merely hanging out in stairwells throwing claymores like they're Johnny ClaymoreSeed trying to regrow the great Claymore Forest.

Comment

i put two down around artillary last night, and two guys planted c4 and walked around them no problem which i thought was crap, nothing from the Claymores......

Comment

Working...
                              X