Clear All

Re: Performance based rankings...

great site Rakasan...My overall ranking is 29 too

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
      great site Rakasan...My overall ranking is 29 too
      Nice one Leki.

I like it how the people who are rated highly think the site is good and the people who are rated low think it's a waste of time. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by .:iGi:.U.G.H.
        Nice one Leki.

I like it how the people who are rated highly think the site is good and the people who are rated low think it's a waste of time. :laugh:
        hehe yeah well it cant be 100% accurate but its shows the more skillful players much better than EA's leader board could ever do. I'm sure that their are quite a few players that dont get high scores all the time but are still good and help the team.

Also noticed that most of the players listed on the overall rankings just play Strike at Karkand and/or Sharqi Peninsula like 80% of the time as its much easier to get better scores as their isn't tons of planes/choppers/apc's everywhere raping you.

Rakasan maybe you could add some type of slight penalty for players that are like that to make up for them not getting killed by all the other stuff and being much easier to get points?....my assault rifles KDR would be tons higher if i just played strike at karkand or city maps only suppose there is a lot you could do like that to try and tweak stats though.

Comment

Originally posted by .:iGi:.U.G.H.
          Rakasan - Any progress on the live rankings yet?
          Sorry about the delay, I added live ratings/updates for new and listed players (follow searched player link and click update). You can now see how each rating (overall, infantry, vehicles, etc) is added up. Some stats are rounded to 3 decimal places which will soon be used for comparisions between updates. Also, added things like resupplies per support kit min, revives per medic kit min, etc so you can see where you make your money in the teamwork category.

Comment

All of the highrankers with knifes look like they stat pad.. lol

Comment

nice site

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                hehe yeah well it cant be 100% accurate but its shows the more skillful players much better than EA's leader board could ever do. I'm sure that their are quite a few players that dont get high scores all the time but are still good and help the team.

Also noticed that most of the players listed on the overall rankings just play Strike at Karkand and/or Sharqi Peninsula like 80% of the time as its much easier to get better scores as their isn't tons of planes/choppers/apc's everywhere raping you.

Rakasan maybe you could add some type of slight penalty for players that are like that to make up for them not getting killed by all the other stuff and being much easier to get points?....my assault rifles KDR would be tons higher if i just played strike at karkand or city maps only suppose there is a lot you could do like that to try and tweak stats though.
                Yeah, I discussed this with some peeps in other forums. EA doesn't provide any valuable map data that includes SPM or atleast global score, flags captures, kills, etc. I could probably do an additional query for maps (I use 1 for each player now) for every single player and eliminate or unrank players based on map time.

The problem with that is risking getting blocked by EA and more memory issues. Also, since city maps are the most popular, if unranking were to happend based on maps, hardly any players will be ranked, LOL.

The best balance right now seems making up the largest portion flag captures (35%) and accounting 3/4 of infantry stats for KDR and KPM.

Comment

This site is much better than EA's rankings. No doubt it has some flaws, but it's certainly a big step in the right direction. I especially like the formula for determining rank.

Comment

I added the ability to check your current stats since an archived date (i.e. since last month, last week, November 2005, etc depending if or when you submitted).

The results are basically the same as if you were to create a new player account.

So instead of having an avg of 2 or 3 KDR, it could actually be 4 or 5 since this does not include the nooblet stats you made when BF2 1st came out.

So if you submitted before here/site or are in EA's top ~40K, then you can see your true stats within the last couple of months rather than the average of you BF2 career. If not, maybe next time or keep busting out with the calculators, LOL.

So if you haven't checked site for a while
                    1. Searched your nick
                    2. Follow internal player link (not bf2s)
                    3. Click Update Now
                    4. Click Calculate current stats since...
                    5. Rejoice after seeing your improved stats (well it should be)

Comment

Working...
                    X