Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try this to fix ur invisible buildings

I rewrote the procedure in steps
    [This is meant for users who are experiencing the "invisible building problem"]
    ok this time im pretty sure about this solution:
    The problem: Game doesnt like rendering in 1.4 shaders anymore and the 9200 series only supports up to 1.4 shaders...

so here's what i did:
    Goal: Use optimized shaders from previous versions of Bf2 that worked with the 9200 or other 1.4 pixel shader video cards. (copy and paste the shader files from older versions that worked and replace the new ones)
    1) Download and install the Battlefield 2 demo. (You can use previous versions of Battlefield 2. I just find using the demo a lot easier and more organized.

2) Run the demo and set your video settings / other options to your liking.

3) Exit out of the demo and go to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and delete everything in there.

4) Go back into the demo and join a server and let the game optimize your shaders. If the game runs fine (ie to your liking) then continue to step 5. If not, repeat steps 2-4).

5) Afterwards, exit out of the game and go to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
    And delete everything in there.

6) Run the actual game and make sure the video settings / other options are exactly the same as the one as you had in the demo.

7) Join a server and you should see the game optimizing shaders. When you start playing..the buildings are going to be invisible / messed up and you will get massive lag. This is normal. Exit out of the game now.

8) Go into the demo folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\cache and you shall see a folder with a really long name. Go inside the folder and you should see about 55 files. Select ALL of the files and copy. (crtl+c).

9) Now go into your BF2 directory:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and go inside the folder with the really long name. DELETE EVERYTHING IN THERe (leave none alive).

10) Now paste the files you had from the demo cache folder into this folder. Now run the game and hopefully you shouldn’t see a “optimizing shaders for best performance” when loading a server… Good luck and have fun

NOTE: I do not accept any responsibility for destruction (there should be none btw)
    NOTE: I don’t have an ati 9200 card, but I have looked into this serious problem with my 5200 and the problem with the 9200 is that it doesn’t support 2.0 shaders, and when I force 1.4 shaders on my 5200, I get the same invisible building problem.
    NOTE: If this is confusing...please ask questions

Re: try this to fix ur invisible buildings

What if you dont have the demo? :|:

Comment

umm u can dl it ...or u can use the bf2 version 1.0 (without any patches)...i think u just want the shader files that used the 1.4 shaders

Comment

well, im not taking a risk messing something up so il just wait till there is an official fix someone comes up with for these 9200 cards

Comment

I'll try it bro and if my **** ****s up then im just going to have to say **** it im back to cs:s- hey and thanx for the suggestion- I'll try first thing tomorrow and let you know what happens

Comment

just make sure u do everything right ;-) ill try to edit it to clarify it up

Comment

Thankyou very much. This works.

I am a Radeon 9200 user (everyone gasps). And this is how i did it.
              I had BF2 installed with the 1.1.2 patch and have been playing online happily. I went to the My Documnets/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache folder and copied the {D7B7..._2554_1
              folder somewhere else. I then installed the 1.2 full patch and logged into my account. Then i started a single player map, lagged for a minute and then quit.
              I went back to the cache folder and there was now another {D7B7..._2696_1 folder along with the one i had previously copied elsewhere. The name was identical except for the end which i think is the version no. and it was also about 200 kilobytes smaller
              What i did was copy all the .cfx files from the original into the new one and replace them and then went online, joined a ranked server and guess what? All the buildings were back and no lag.

thankyou Conscriptvirus

Comment

ok well i se you made it a lot easier to follow and no i havent tried it yet- im DLing the demo now, i was going to try it like monlix but i said i should try it the way the steps are posted and when i get home today its the first thing im doing, im glad to here it worked for an 9200 user, i have an 9250 128mb .Well i'll get back to you guys around 3pm

Comment

the way monlix posted works too...i just posted the steps of what i expected most ppl with the problem to have (uninstalled / reinstall several times) so i didnt expect u guys to still have the old cache files

heres a short 10 step thing that u can do if u dont want to dl the demo
                  If you don’t have the demo you can try this.

1) Make sure you have a version of battlefield 2 installed that isn’t 1.2. (no 1.2)

2) If you do have 1.2 installed, uninstall the whole game and reinstall to version 1.0 or 1.12 (doesn’t matter)

3) Make sure that nothing under the directory
                  C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache is there. Most likely, that directory doesn’t exist, but if it does, delete the folders in the cache folder. (delete the {D7B7… folder(s).

4) Run the game and set the video settings/options to your liking. Then join a server and let it optimize shaders. The invisible building problem shouldn’t be there since you’re not running 1.2 patch.

5) Exit out of the game and go to
                  C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name \My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\ and there should be 1 file in it. Open the file and there should be about 55ish other files. Copy all of those files and put it somewhere where u wont lose any of them.

6) Now install 1.2 patch

7) Play the game with the newly installed patch and join a server (the video settings should be the same) and let it optimize shaders. The buildings should be invisible again and u shall have major lag, so just exit out of the game

8) Go into the C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and you will see one folder. GO inside that folder and there should be like 69 files. Delete all of them.

9) Go back to where u had stored the old shader files from step 5 and put them in the
                  C:\Documents and Settings\Your Nmae\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\{D97B2J78… folder.

10) run the game again and hopefully it will be fixed

Comment

I'm definitly going to try this when I've got some time later today... thanks alot in advance. I really appreciate what you're doing here.

Comment

Tanx men

Comment

ConscriptVirus, you are a hero. I followed your superb step by step, and can now enjoy playing 1.2 on my decrepit ati Radeon 9000: thank you so much! Its good to have buildings back. Oh, and no lag.

- S

Comment

Thanks very much, Il try this later and let you know, hopefully it will work

Comment

apply for a job at DICE

Comment

*Hails Conscript Virus*

This should become a sticky...

no more 9200 series whiners yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X