Is the L96 and P90 weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the L96 and P90 weak?

I tried the new L96 and P90 last night on Sharqi and Karkland. Kind of sucks it only is available on the older maps (marines versus mec).

Anyway, i get a lot of one-shot/one-kill with the 50cal. and aiming at the head. But, i noticed the L96 took sometimes 3 or 4 shots to take down a likewise opponent. There were only a few occasions i got a one-shot/one-kill which was at medium range.

As for the P90, i noticed its cycle rate is much slower than the MP5. Realistically, it should be the opposite. I also noticed some machine guns can outgun be at close-range with my P90. Having used the "real" P90 and also used a computer version in the Joint Operations Typhoon Rising game, it shoudl cycle amazingly fast.

Anyway, my two cents are the L96 and P90 need major work on the next rev because they arent as effective as the real versions are.

Re: Is the L96 and P90 weak?

L96 is one hit kill to head...I love it...its accurate and makes a cool sound.

P90 is basically an automatic pistol, its fire rate needs to be triple of what it is now.

Comment

L96 is the exact same thing as the M24, except for its scope. They have the same accuracy and do the same damage (2 shots to body, 1 shot to head). The P90 sucks, though, its fire rate is like 600 rpm, instead of its real life 900, and does extremely low damage. They really need to boost its rpm or its power, or both.

Comment

I dont think the L96 is the same as the M95 at all, it feels completly different.

got a great moving headshot last night/ punisher.nl , felt like bf1942 which is a good thing

Comment

Posted elsewhere:

The P90 sucks. It is NOT an improvement in the regular SMGs - for all intents and purposes, it's not even a viable alternative because it's far worse. Let's look at the trifecta of weapon effectiveness:

1) Damage
          2) Accuracy
          3) Rate of Fire

The best weapons have a pragmatic balance of all three (AK-101, G36E). The worst weapons have only one, or in the case of the P90, none.

- It does less damage than a pistol, only 19. It requires 6 hits to kill a healthy unarmored foe, nevermind an armored opponent that gets a 1/3 damage reduction.

- It shares the WORST minimum deviation in the game with the other SMGs at .6

- It's ROF is 600, compared to 900 for the other SMGs.

Thus, the P90:
          - Doesn't hurt when it hits
          - Can't hit reliably or often
          - Doesn't have the ROF to put enough bullets into the air to make up for its low damage and crappy accuracy

Comment

just watch the P90 video that was posted weeks ago

you would know not to unlock it

Comment

Ya, according to stats of the weapon, P90 sux, the L96 is EXACTLY the same as the M24, it's just a M24 with a 'AWP' skin over it.

Comment

L96A1 is the M24

and

P90 is the MP5, PP-15, and Type 85. (P90 ROF 600 and the other three 900)

Comment

yea the p90 is t3h sux i regret unlocking it

Comment

Originally posted by poisonsoul
                    P90 < MP5, PP-15, and Type 85. (P90 ROF 600 and the other three 900)
                    Fixed...

Comment

Well done Dice... you've made an unlock thats worse than the standard weapons.

Comment

You must not know how to use the L96. Its an awesome gun, i almost get more one shot kills that 2 shots, and ive never needed more than 2 to bring down even a fully armored opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero extreme
                          Is the L96 and P90 weak?
                          Are the L96 and P90 weak?

Originally posted by ledbythereaper
                          Well done Dice... you've made an unlock thats worse than the standard weapons.
                          EA have often said that unlocks are NOT upgrades, just different weapons. If unlocks were always better, then it would unbalance the game in favour of higher scoring players.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                            L96 is one hit kill to head...I love it...its accurate and makes a cool sound.
                            I agree with you, the L96 is great for head shots. But, weak when hitting the body (which can occur on long shots when aiming at the head). Awesome sound though!

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                              P90 is basically an automatic pistol, its fire rate needs to be triple of what it is now.

I completely agree. In fact thats how i have been using the P90, in the single shot mode as a high capacity pistol.

I keep getting out gunned using the P90 in automatic mode. For every one shot i get off of the P90 in automode, the other guy gets 2 or 3 shots firing single-shot mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X