Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Games - Community Update - 2/16/06

Good Morning Troops,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.

Re: EA Games - Community Update - 2/16/06

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.
    How do you miss things like that?

Who's testing this stuff, 10 yr olds on field trips to EA?

Comment

That was a fast response, it seems hotfix for 1.2 is already in the drawing boards.

Comment

"the initial response from the community has been very positive"

Not what i've seen/heard

Comment

well at least they seem to be trying to fix the problems they make.

I'm going to miss Night Flight, one of the few SF maps I enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
            it seems hotfix for 1.2 is already in the drawing boards.
            I hope so

Comment

Man they obviously have some bad game testers...how can they miss soemthing like that...oh well

Comment

You have to ask yourself, which other company releases patches which fix some things, and break other portions? There may be a few instances in recorded history, but none that pop to mind as glaringly as EA.

Most bugs should be ironed out relatively quickly after release, the fact is we have waited months on end for this patch and there are still problems that persist. It's not even a simple bug, I would argue that large scale crashes should be classified as more than simple "bugs". Bugs are minor annoyances and mindless exploits. Complete system crashes are a ****ing disaster.

So much for letting the BF2 community beta test, they have proven as worthless as EAs internal team.

Comment

I did my best when testing 1.2, I reported several bugs! Then I got fired.. (think you know why) Now you can see the result, still lots of bugs (angle (A) smiley)

Comment

Originally posted by Uber:Jagermeiter
                    Man they obviously have some bad game testers...how can they miss soemthing like that...oh well
                    Yeah, who are these game testers??? Its them who are at blame for this crappy patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashram
                      You have to ask yourself, which other company releases patches which fix some things, and break other portions? There may be a few instances in recorded history, but none that pop to mind as glaringly as EA.
                      You're kidding right? I've been a software developer for 15+ years and this is a common occurance. It happens often in software that costs 100s of k's, not just the ones that cost 50 bucks. I could give you a laundry list of releases that were far worse. Microsoft Word 6.0, Websphere 4.0.X, Websphere Portal, etc, etc. WS and WS portal cost 38K and 50k per processor each. You'd think those would be absolutely bullet-proof, but you'd be wrong.

I'm not excusing EA/DICE for a poor patch testing process. The obviously missed some pretty major stuff. But to think that other companies are significantly better is just misguided hyperbole.

Comment

What about the time, I mean it this going to be an early evening release on Tuesday for the UK'ers among us?!? It's a bit lame if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                          I did my best when testing 1.2, I reported several bugs! Then I got fired.. (think you know why) Now you can see the result, still lots of bugs (angle (A) smiley)
                          Aren't you that twit who's been banned all over the place for pretending to be a DICE employee even after they told everyone you weren't and "testing" the karkand exploit after it was well established how it was done and what it did?

Comment

1.21 here we come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                              Yes - this is the guy who was banned from the 50K server and had his stats wiped because he was impersonating someone who tests the patch!! He really got his arse fired big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X