X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Air Defense still broken...

Made it easier for the skilled pilots to shoot down the unskilled
    Are you kidding me?

If you consider skill to wait for the guy to drop flares and then left click twice then...sure....

Obviously I can tell from all the posts about jets that nobody cares about choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by jsVariable
      {WP}Paas

Thank you for not just flaming me, but I'm still going to have to disagree with you.

What I want is not for planes to be completely useless, but for both parties (The person in the jet, and the person trying to defend against that jet) to have a fair chance. As it is now, that balance does not exist.

You comment that I should not sit in the emplacement, because it makes myself visible to him, makes no sense... If I don't get in the site, I can't take any action, and he will still destroy the site with his cannon (Again, I am talking about an experienced pilot, who has already memorized the AA Site locations). If I do get in the site, he's still going to destroy me, outside the range of my missile, with his cannon. This is not balanced.

I'm thinking that maybe a lot of disagreement on this subject comes from how people (pilots, I'm assuming) think the game should work. It seems to me that pilots seem to feel that if they are "good" (And by this I am talking about simply memorizing where the AA sites are), they should still be untouchable by land based AA. I don't agree.
      Wow. I completely misunderstood... That's rare for me.

You're right man. The A.A. is still unbalanced in terms of going against a Skilled Fighter Pilot.

...I'm confused as to why DICE/EA did this. Maybe we can get a comment in here?

DICE P.R. Corp?! Where you guys at!?

{WP}Paas

Comment

he A.A. is still unbalanced in terms of going against a Skilled Fighter Pilot.
        WTF? The AA should be balanced against the average fighter pilot...having skill is what gives you the advantage...

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
          WTF? The AA should be balanced against the average fighter pilot...having skill is what gives you the advantage...
          Ha! Totally wrong. That's exactly what creates imbalance my friend. A good tank player can still be beaten by a good infantry, chopper or jet player. Being expert at tank doesn't automatically give an unprecedented advantage. Conversely a good jet pilot, well, they can take out the AA sites each and every single time...guaranteed, no questions asked. Please tell me you can see the point I'm making.

There should be an equilibrium, one where nothing is certain, even for the most skilled of players in any vehicle class. Nothing should ever be guaranteed. As soon as this equilibrium is broken, we have a balance issue.

As far as I can see, even with 1.2 the only thing that can really touch a skilled pilot is another on the opposite team. Failing that, all we can pray for is a teammate's AA missiles that have gone astray!

Ultimately the best thing DICE could do is remove occupied AA sites from jet radar. That's an advantage that really isn't warranted.

Comment

The biggest thing I have never understood about AA is how the stray missiles readily target Friendly Aircraft that are far out of range, but almost never take down enemy aircraft! Granted, the improved agility of the missiles now make it difficult for an average pilot to evade once he is locked onto, but still, there's always that chance of a stray that will destroy a helo full of your team mates that you can't even see. It seems like the missle range is not the problem, it is that the strays that go halfway across the map only search for friendlies. PILOTS! Don't get me wrong.. Obviously, the risk of F.F. needs to stay in the game, because the fact is that AA operators should be cautious of friendly planes in the area, but the chance of it targeting that one friendly aircraft with enemy planes and helos swarming all around it seems a bit too high. To me, that is the only issue that remains unbalanced concerning AA. Overall, I'm satisfied with the improvements in 1.2.

But, yes, it is highly frustrating when that one pilot who has been flying jets since day one and knows the location of all stationary AA sites on every map, to spray a pinpoint accurate burst of machine gun fire and destroy you whether you are in the AA site with it armed, or you are waiting beside it until the pilot comes into range.

If you could fire off your missiles without a lock tone, at a jet coming in to do a strafing run with his cannon, and hope that by chance a missile will actually seek his jet instead of a friendly, then that, to me, would resolve the issue. Keep in mind, that the advantage is still slightly in favor of the pilot, since the AA gunner only has a guess of which direction an enemy fighter is going to come from, and the pilot already knows where the stationary AA is located.

The only time I have ever downed a jet with one missle in 1.2 was when I was perfectly lined up with his 6. Which makes sense, I suppose, since heat seeking missiles had an easier job finding his engines. I'm pretty sure it was a just a weak spot in the jet, because he had just taken off. (Although, he made no attempt to evade or drop flares, so it made it easy for that reason as well).

Honestly though, helo pilots have a much more challenging role after 1.2. Their only hope is that a jet fighter sweeps out all AA before the helo comes through, or that you stay in valleys or just over hilltops. I can understand if this patch has frustrated some of you.

Comment

So you'd perfer it if you could lock onto a plane from far away, rendering planes completely helpless anywhere on the map?

Comment

lmfao " a smart jet poilet who knows where air defense is can kill the retards running around thinking that AA will destroy every jet in the air just by pointing and clicking at them"

Comment

.... From my point of view you make as much sense as ketchup on an apple.

Thats the point of being a skilled pilot. If you want AA to shoot down every aircraft then...I dont need to say more. And yes skilled tank drivers do last longer then unskilled ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X