AA is just stupid....don't get on a chopper or a plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AA is just stupid....don't get on a chopper or a plane

Any top pilot that gets shot down all the time without scoring any kills himself is no top pilot, its that simple. Ive seen pilots evade my stingers with a simple barrel roll (no flares). Ive seen helicopters get plenty kills on plenty maps, sure they got shot down alot, but so the **** what?

Comment

This is only going to affect the average and crap pilots. Piloting should require some skill as it does in real life, more so than your average private on the ground.

Good pilots know they need to fly at a higher altitude and time there bombing runs to perfection. Also it means jets are no longer raping the aircraft carries so it's a good thing in my opinion.

As for Helicopters, again if you're a good pilot you will adapt. It's possible to evade the missiles if you flare at the right time and take evasive manoeuvres.

If anything the removal of C4 throwing is more tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
        That same chopper-whore could be on your team reducing enemy tickets faster and giving you another win and a possible Medal in the process.
        that same wartime hero fool will be raping me the next round when i get switched to the opposing side so i sit in waiting mode the whole time ad he racks up more medals... it goes both ways. not any more so much...until the flyboys figure out how to beat it.

Comment

You can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.
          I always heard that the choppers and planes were too strong. Now the crying is that they are too weak. I say that is BS. If you are a mediocore player it may seem that way. Truth is I played Wake island and the oppisition was flocking to the AA and I still managed 35 kills and 3 deaths. The AA can be avoided and it is still not a for sure hit. But the chances of shooting down other jets is better. I hated nothing more in the unpatched version to have a full lock on someone and still miss. This has been fixed. The Carrier is now better able to protect itself, but can still it can be raped. This will make better pilots out of those who fly and keep those who can't from taking off in an aircraft. I'd say that is a WIN-WIN.

Comment

yea but they should dumb the ai back down on the missles on the jets

Comment

No sense ranting about the fact that pilots finally have their come-upance. It's about time they have something to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcard124
                yea but they should dumb the ai back down on the missles on the jets
                It's the same code.

Moreover, what people's problem is right now is that they aren't used to other planes being a threat. There's a different skill set required that truely good pilots (like Twisted) will be picking up.

Dealing with enemy fighters it like dealing with AA. Don't let it get a lock. If he gets a lock, you screwed up and you're gonna die.

So the new skill is in lock evasion. Avoiding his ability to light ya up while you try to tag him. There's a reason that the call modern air to air "knife fights" rather than dog fights. Get in, stab, get out.

Comment

I have not tried flying on the patched version yet but playing on Wake and on Sharqi last night I noticed some things from the ground... First was that, yes, aircraft where getting blown up a little more often and if both guns are manned the carrier is a lot safer place than it used to be.

Secondly there where no shortage jets and choppers (obviously choppers only on Sharqi) flying around blowing the crap out of each other and stuff on the ground...

Actually counter to what I stated above I did have a go on the F35 while waiting for the game to start (didn't do any flying during an actual round though). There were enough players to man the AA and screw around in the aircraft and the single biggest impression I got was that speed is life in the jets. No more flying around real slow shooting stuff up if you want to live...

AA is certainly not magical but it is effective. It can also be a death sentence as it is the first thing any chopper ot jet will take out if it can...

Those are just my in game impressions...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman_M4
                    This is only going to affect the average and crap pilots. Piloting should require some skill as it does in real life, more so than your average private on the ground.

Good pilots know they need to fly at a higher altitude and time there bombing runs to perfection. Also it means jets are no longer raping the aircraft carries so it's a good thing in my opinion.

As for Helicopters, again if you're a good pilot you will adapt. It's possible to evade the missiles if you flare at the right time and take evasive manoeuvres.

If anything the removal of C4 throwing is more tragic.
                    it's bs though... before if you didn't dodge the missile you got hit... now if i flare/roll/bank and burn i get nailed EVERYTIME... in fact my friend and i went into an empty server to try tactics to dodge the AA and the only one we found was to hope no one is on it. Surviving a sam site is just luck now 3/4 missiles hit regardless of what you do, at least the missiles do less damage so when a sam site hits you twice without any timing or skill you can hopefully run away before it reloads.

hmmm maybe i should whine about how tanks are over powered and maybe EA will make the AT rocket a one shot kill, would make MY gaming experience easier because i mean if i start fighting a tank w/ a rocket it kills me before i kill it... sort of like how when you go get on a sam site... and light yourself up to a pilot... he'll evade and then kill you... seems fair to me.

Comment

I'm a pilot, and I'm unfazed by these changes. If you were a good pilot in bf1942, you already know how to continue dominating. Get off the carrier noobs, go get some flags.

Comment

Originally posted by VISTREL
                        Im waiting for "Pilot's survival guide in 1.2" manual in Tips and Tricks. Someone has to write that.

Anyway, the real loosers are choppers. I found that it's piece of cake to shoot em down with plane misslies now.

no kidding, i kept getting shot down in the BH, lock alarm never came on...

Comment

AA is a bit of the top. I got my AA badge today without trying! It was the easiest one to get by far. Helo's dont stand a chance against mobile AA. Even if 2 of 4 miss your still dead!

Haven't had a go on a jet map yet. Don't think i want to either!!!

Comment

Man,,, I suk real time on planes and sincerly, I don't really like it up there, since u got knifes on the ground, But...I don't understand u guys, for a hand full of hours I've been in the air...I was never, ever shot down by these wittew gadjets...1.2 or not....it's just a trick with the camera views that a plane whore taugh me...It involves bluff lock on's...figgure it out....

Comment

I played kubra today on the US in the heli. MEC has 2 mobile AA. My gunner and I managed gold/silver by finding the AA before we did anything. We'd tv for AA...kill'em...then go around chopper whoring until they respawned.....then we'd kill them again...etc etc The AA is much better, but with a decent gunner/pilot combo you can overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a
                                A message to all pilots, infantery, tanks ... If you see an AA station... kill it!
                                There's probably an element of truth in that. It's nice to see AA stations taken into account in terms of strategy. It used to be all about just taking out the arty assets.

Nice observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X