AA is just stupid....don't get on a chopper or a plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AA is just stupid....don't get on a chopper or a plane

AA missiles aren't nearly as overpowered to jets as people are making them out to be(Yea, and I like to fly). It's nice to know the missiles can actually hit now.
    They do do some pretty impossible manuevers, and it seems they love switching targets even more than ever(fired off all six, one hit the plane and then the others went flying around elsewhere)

Helicopters are the real losers in the patch though, if you have a good pilot/gunner combo it still does well but if one of the team is lacking, it's death for the heli much more often. And if a mobile AA catches a helicopter in the open from behind it's probably dead too.

Soo, for helicopters..fly with friends if you can, otherwise you'll probably want to stay away. With jets, just learn to fly with it, it's really not so bad. If another jet's on your ass it's great fun to try and ditch them before you're a burning wreck.

Comment

it dosn't matter what patch they bring out for this game theres always going to be whingers....the people who complained about AA not working previous 1.2 were the infantry dudes....now its the Flyboys that are whinging cause there gettin blown to the **** house.

Comment

Your funny Variable.. They don't have to play 1.2, Let all the WAAAAAAA team stay at 1.12

Comment

Good. It's time for all you chopper/plane whores to get on a ground and acutally play with the people you bomb all the time. How the heck were jets supposed to be taken out of the sky with before? Stingers worked like 1% of the time. Now because everyone is trying out stingers you guys are mad? Just because you finally get knocked out of the sky as easy as you blow us up ya'll mad? Good. Time to re-strategize. That's what the games about.

Comment

Originally posted by joelo59
            don't get on a chopper or a plane you are going down no matter what...This is some serious overpowering issue
            Glad to hear that! now we can play and enjoy the game!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thebeavers
              stop making new threads!!!!!!

LOL:laugh:

BTW I love the New AA's

Comment

AA is the best it's ever been! I've played a few rounds now since the patch was released, and I've noticed if your a decent pilot you can still survive in a jet/chopper.

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
                  From a perspective of a AA, it's excellent. But unfortunatelly I like flying choppers a lot more than I like sitting in the boring AA. One good thing if you want to fly the chopper though, no more fighting about who's gonna take it first, it's gonna be available all the time.
                  hi

what do u mean "it's gonna be available all the time" is the heli will be all the time in a spaw place?

Comment

Here you go, read up..

Comment

Wait wait.....

Let me see if I can remember how the advises where we got from the pilots ...

Oh yes.. something like...

--Deal with it.

--You just have to find the right tactic to counter it.

--Stop whining.

--Muaahhahhahahaha

Something like that.... :rofl:

All non-whining pilots can ignore this post

Comment

hey...i have been locked on 2 AA millions of times in a chopper....all i do is hold down left or right aroow button 2 do a side roll..and by then they have fired and missed so i fly over 2 them and kill 'em

Comment

ok you all say waaa waaa just counter it... how the hell do you do it... my friend and i just went into an empty map, and besides flares you can't dodge it full evasive maneuvers DON'T work, before i used to hear a lock and bank hard and it would miss, now with FULL EVASIVE maneuvers it still hits... its rediculous. AA is just a free kill now because if you have a lock and fire... you hit.

Comment

After playing tonight, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the Anti-Air emplacements. I got killed just as many times as I was shooting down aircraft. You just have to improve your flying skills and know when you release your flares. Also if you're in a plane, simply fire the afterburner and do a tight turn and you'll find yourself still in the pilots seat. Also, while I was sitting in the AA unit, I would get killed by the MG on the J-35. So there are pilots out there who will target the AA units. If you complain, bitch, cry, and throw a hissy fit over the AA "being overpowered", get better at flying and you'll find yourself being shotdown alot less...

Comment

AA is ridiculously overpowered. they could have improved it without making it so bullcrap. u can hit a plane at any angle from maximum lock on distance no matter how much he manuvers. i hardly fly planes and never use AA but just watching the best pilots i've come to know get struck down so easily, you cannot miss with AA missiles at all unless you are a complete retard

Comment

Substitute Tribes2 with BF2.

This goes to all flyboys and chopper hoggers out there.

No more free points.

I should have gotten my helo and jet badges when the sun was shining...

Comment

Working...
                                X