End of the Assualt Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End of the Assualt Class?

I hate assault now, and I'm going to hate playing it even more in the patch.... It just doesn't benefit the team...but, I will like how other players won't be able to bunnyhop while launching nades all over the place...

Comment

Originally posted by GameWizard
      Just a note: You can actually kill someone with the smoke gernade by hitting players with the actual gernade itself. My take on it is that smoke gernades are essentially pointless.

You are only limited to 1, It covers hardly enough ground to even be affective. Plus it only lasts so long, a few seconds max before fading.
      They really need to give us more smoke nads. I love em, just dont really use them, cos its only one and I think I best save it, till its REALLY needed.

Comment

Can't wait to get rid of noob tubers who are all novices and lack the sportmanship and ability to shoot people with bullets.

Comment

I don't see why it doesn't take skill. Especially if you nerf the tubes.

C4 whoring doesn't take skill.
          Sniping gives me a better K: D ratio than the assault class does.
          Medics can just hide and heal themselves.

I also don't understand why it isn't a *real* class. No distractions, that's what I like about it.

Comment

More smokes and longer lasting would rule, and give assault more of a point.

The GL will still have a use on longer range targets and importantly light vehicles after the patch. And anyway...I play assault purely for the G3. Yum. The main assault rifles in general are very good anyway.

I say no, it won't be the death of the assault class...it'll never be more dead then the engineer, who you only see driving tanks or occasionally repairing commander assets.

Comment

I, for the life of me, can not understand how the hand thrown granade should be more powerful than the one from the launcher. It is now and will be more so after the patch. IMO at least they should be equal. If you havent noticed this let me list a few advantages of the hand tossed verses the G/L version. First, the hand tossed kills all who touch it (or are touched by it) till it explodes. The G/L version might kill you if you are very low on health and recieve a direct hit, before it explodes. Second, the hand tossed one can be bounced around corners. Very handy for killing people in alleys and on the roof of a building. The G/L version explodes on contact cant shoot what you cant see (unless you get lucky and they are in the blast radius). Third, If you are in close quarters combat (CQB) and being pursued, just throw a hand tossed granade at your feet and run away, anyone chaseing you will be killed and you will not. Do that with a G/L and you get killed and maybe the intended target.
              There are a lot more as those are just the main ones everyone should already know about. I still say that after the patch you are gonna see a lot of support class spamming hand tossed granades. Why, because they can resupply themselves and never run out of ammo. Try getting that guy off a building top. What will you call them then? "The Hand Jackers"? As Ive said before it just looks like a big can of worms to me, with no end in sight. . . . .Red

Learn how to play a real class that takes some skill? ? ?......... Ha Ha Ha Ha ROFFL. Every class requires some skill not just the "ONE" you play.

Comment

Me gusta pancakes.

Comment

tbh I really don't think the changes the GL are going to be that significant. I'll probably still play it now and then.

Comment

I think it will be fun trying to bank the GL off things. Do some trick shots.
                    I also support the G3 accuracy boost.

Comment

The noob tubers who cant aim a rifle will still exist only now they will be able to bounce them round the corners of allyways on karkand, you will still get noob tubed you just wont see it comming anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuyWhoShotU
                        The only good thing about assault for most players was the ablity to noob tube , smoke grenades are useless
                        its not the only thing, but its deffinitly the perk of the class. smoke is highly useful when used properly. more importantly, the gl is only being weakened to the extent that it will be less noobed, it will still be an effective weapon.
                        Originally posted by TheGuyWhoShotU
                        body armor is no where as good as a medic pack.
                        not in a head on fight, medic is only better than armor if they are sitting on health or can run away and heal, i dont give medics the opertunity to heal, i use my pistol and knife if i have to.

Comment

My deaths per hour as medic is about 10% lower than the other kits. TheGuyWhoShotU is right. The health pack is king for survivability.

Comment

Remember that if you have special forces you have access to flashbangs which no other class has.

Comment

Originally posted by |ASNL|Ragamuffin
                              Remember that if you have special forces you have access to flashbangs which no other class has.
                              Ture, but I hate the f2000, I like my m16/g3.

Comment

Lol, i just noted, i see that at least SOME people voted for the opposite for what they wanted on the poll, cause people interpreted the question for the poll was "End of the Assault Class?", but it actually was if u read it: "View Poll Results: Are you gonna play assualt after v1.2".

Comment

Working...
                                X