Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Originally posted by Arkasha
    Here's the problem I have with squads: I'm a sniper, that's what I like to do, it's one of the reasons I bought the game. If I join a squad, I'll (a) be taking up a slot the squad could maybe put to better use with an assault or medic or whatever, and (b) it's often happened that people leave the squad and I become default leader. Which does nobody any good at all, since people spawning on my position just means death.
    Squads don't suit everyone.
    That is EXACTLY why I rarely join squads!

Comment

Re: Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Like I just said, it is very useful to create a Sniper squad. You dnot't have to stick together but you do have increased contact with the Commander and can co-ordinate with each other plus can call in Arty and Supplies...\

Comment

Originally posted by Arkasha
        Here's the problem I have with squads: I'm a sniper, that's what I like to do, it's one of the reasons I bought the game. If I join a squad, I'll (a) be taking up a slot the squad could maybe put to better use with an assault or medic or whatever, and (b) it's often happened that people leave the squad and I become default leader. Which does nobody any good at all, since people spawning on my position just means death.

That's why I don't like to be obliged to join a squad. I don't do anyone any harm by lone wolfing, and I sure as hell won't be obeying any commands to take a flag or (as one particularly clueless commander once requested) repair any assets.

Squads don't suit everyone.
        I can see your point now here is another point of view.

Why not create your own squad and lock it. Call it sniper or something. Then the commander can use your skills more effectively and guess what else, you can ask for supplies! As a lone wolf you can't ask the commander for supplies/UAV/Arty strike. As a sniper you can spot people out and give your team so added intelligence. So even though you may be a lone wolf it doesn't mean you can't be in a squad of one.

Comment

The two reasons I can see for not joining/starting a squad are if you are a sniper or a pilot. My problem is when these people become squad leader. The sniper has been covered already and a locked sniper only squad makes sense. Otherwise you have the rest of the squad spawning on what was probably a pretty good hide.
          The other one is squad leader as a pilot/gunner in a plane or gunship, not much good as a spawn point unless it is a two person squad.

Comment

Yes. Join a squad, or get out. The game is designed for SQUAD PLAY. Why they would restrict server operators from enforcing squad play is beyond me. Some severe micro-management coming down the pipe here. What's the point of having 8000 servers if every one is exactly the same?!

Perhaps EA should concern themselves with the EA servers where all the noobs hang out and play like asshats, and leave the privately leased servers a bit more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Lusted
              Firstly, was it a Ranked or Unranked Server? If it was an Unranked Server, they can kick when and where they like, regardless to what the ROE say.

Secondly, to the person who only plays Sniper.....I play Sniper, even in a Squad. And most of the time I'm the SL with the Sniper Kit.....Sniping is both frontline AND distance work. Being Sniper you can hang back 50-150m from the entire objective, ie Capturing a Flag, and help keep an eye out for enemy and eliminating them when possible. Handy if you're SL too, and you're guys can keep spawning on you!
              If you just Snipe for distance, then this isn't your game! This game is a team related game, there has been soooo many times I have been on a Server as Commander, and we lose every point for spawning, then you just see that lonely lil' Sniper doing nothing but sitting there.....Why do that?!? Why ain't you helping "your" team, especially in that time of need.
              Dude? Get of your high horse. It's not up to you to tell me how I should play, OK? Yes, I snipe for distance, and you know how many careless-ass players I've saved from the enemy? Lots. Know many times I've defended a flag? Lots.

I don't give two craps about "whooo-hooo, my little squad did this or that." I care about sitting there and shooting up the spec ops who is trying to blow up the bridge, or the medic who's crouching by the flag, or the sniper who's trying to kill our commander.

Personally, I hate lonewolves AND if there was a lu-pole I could use to kick these people off my server to allow people in who work as a team, I would, but I can't due to the ROE.
              Damn right, too. Mind your own business, it's not your call how a person chooses to play a game.

My Server is based on Teamwork, as teamwork wins the rounds. Lonewolves are only there for one thing, and that's point whoring!! But hey, everyone has their opinions and how they play
              Oh, bullcrap. I don't go there to whore. If I did, I'd be one of the spazzes waiting for the chopper. Instead, I'm the sob who's shooting at the enemy chopper, and who sometimes manages to shoot him right out of the sky, saving all your squaddy butts.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                I can see your point now here is another point of view.

Why not create your own squad and lock it. Call it sniper or something. Then the commander can use your skills more effectively and guess what else, you can ask for supplies! As a lone wolf you can't ask the commander for supplies/UAV/Arty strike. As a sniper you can spot people out and give your team so added intelligence. So even though you may be a lone wolf it doesn't mean you can't be in a squad of one.
                I'd like that, but here's another problem. There's a lot of people who don't like one-man locked squads, think it's abusive, yadda yadda yadda. There's a thread on this somewhere here, quite recent. Usual bs from some admins threatening to kick out anyone who does that, so I just gave up.

Comment

Damn right, too. Mind your own business, it's not your call how a person chooses to play a game.
                  Actually, as the Head Admin, I can kick whoever I want for a reason. And now I can kick people who are hindering the team by concentrating on "their" points, just like yourself.

If you wanna be a sad arse and do feck all, just lying there thru out the whole map, then you need to get a life! Man, half the Sniper I see (Probably like yourself) just sit there, even when the front is 500m away......

Comment

On ranked servers I go by server rules. I don't play on unranked.
                    The people who pay dictate the way you play.
                    If you don't like it go away.

DEDO

Comment

There are pro's and cons to being in a squad depending on what kit you're playing and what your objective is... Sometimes I play Spec Ops and like to sneak over to the enemy base to destroy assets. This is normally when I’m a lone wolf, just because I don’t want anyone spawning on me and giving away my position until after I place the C4. I can’t tell you how many times on Gulf of Oman I get over to the Carrier and have 2 or three people spawn on me, start up a firestorm and I die before I get a chance to destroy anything. Once I blow up the Sat and the Trailer, spawn on me all you want..

I have also been playing the sniper kit a lot lately and again don’t want people spawning on me and giving away a good sniping spot. When I play assault there was nothing I hated more then spawning on a sniper on top of a crane or building somewhere. People say snipers aren’t team player however I take a different approach. I jump from squad to squad depending on which ones are around me and use the VoIP to let them know where the enemy is. It’s really beneficial when your in a spot that overlooks 3 or 4 flags.

Comment

Oi peeps...
                        Some attention apparently needs ta be paid here.

The Ranked Server Agreement Ruling on not being alowed to kick player for not joining a squad has been over turned. Servers are now once again free to enforce "No Lone Wolves" local rules.

The original posted never had any legit gripe. If he'd respected the local server rules he wouldn't have been kicked. If he didn't like the local server rules, he should have found some other place to play.

End o Story.

Comment

Originally posted by testingtesting123
                          Because I just got kicked from a server with the message: "No Lonewolfs Allowed! Join a squad.".
                          I wouldn't have minded the kick if the illiterate f^cks could actually spell the plural of wolf... it's wolves!

Comment

If you insist on playing alone I'd prefer you stay out of a squad instead of wasting a squad slot for a 1-man show.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                              If you insist on playing alone I'd prefer you stay out of a squad instead of wasting a squad slot for a 1-man show.
                              Yup, I agree.
                              I believe the entire point of servers that have the "no lone wolf" rule is that they don't want people playing there that can't/won't participate in squad level teamwork.

The fact that some folks hate this rule would suggest to me that they are exactly the kinda people that the admins don't want around.

For that, more power to 'em. I don't like playin with 'em either.

For the record, the server I play on most frequantly has no such rule... and I don't think they should add it. It wouldn't work in the context of what their server is.

Comment

Working...
                              X