Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Because I just got kicked from a server with the message: "No Lonewolfs Allowed! Join a squad.".

Re: Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

Honestly, if you can't join a squad for a short time and act like a team, then maybe you should get kicked. I' not trying to be mean, but that forces a good team atmosphere.

Comment

Re: Does anyone here think not joining a squad is a good reason for being kicked?

It does sound a bit nasty. But its meant in the right spirit. But they cant complain if you make a one man squad.

Comment

I mean, getting is squads would be best. But you SHOULD NOT get kicked just because you play lonewolf, there is nothing wrong with that at all. Plus most squads suck and dont even work together. (some times of course, dont get mad at me just because you are always in a good squad)

Comment

Green name tags are useful. Just join a squad.

Comment

according to the new ROE you cant kick someone for refusing to join a squad,,

Comment

Stupid reason.

As lately I have been getting the bug where creating a squad is impossible.

Comment

Kicking for being a lone wolf is lame.

Battlefield is a great series because you are free to play the way you want to (so long as you aren't exploiting, griefing, or stat padding )

Comment

If it's a stated local rule, yes, I think it's a good reason.
                  ROE not withstanding.

Regardless of any other issue, people should respect local rules (assuming they are readable somewhere in-game) as long as they don't violate the ROE. If you get kicked for doing something that the server says don't do, it's your own damned fault.

I also don't think the ROE should be making rules on things that don't directly impact stats or general gameplay. How does "No lonewolves" impact someone's stats or cause disruption? If people don't like the rule, they can find another server. There's lots, ya know.

Comment

yes its a good reason to be kicked.. heck... if i owned a server i'd probably ban u if i could... :evil:... squads are helpful, and get you to the frontlines faster... its no difference than playin lonewolf... heck you get more benefits stayin in a squad..!!! so do it...

Comment

Never thought it was a good reason, but at the same time, it's never been a problem hopping in a squad and lone-wolfing anyway.

I could really care less.

I can see legit uses if the commander has voice-com and needs to communicate with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                        Kicking for being a lone wolf is lame.

Battlefield is a great series because you are free to play the way you want to (so long as you aren't exploiting, griefing, or stat padding )
                        Exactly this game is about having fun, as long as you aren't doing any of the above you should be free to do what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by testingtesting123
                          Exactly this game is about having fun, as long as you aren't doing any of the above you should be free to do what you want.
                          What about the server admins?
                          The people who actually PAY so you can play.
                          Shouldn't they be free to set things up the way they like it or the way they feel is best for their players?

Let's say they want everyone on squads to help with command or increase teamwork (thus leading to better gameplay). Lone Wolves are usless to comanders since they can't recive orders or be communicated with in any way.

Joining a squad doesn't hurt your ability to do whatever... it just increases your avalible options.

Besides, if ya don't like it, don't play there. Simple as that. Vote with your feet and they'll end up with an empty server if people feel the same way as you do.

That said, it's been ruled an illegal rule.
                          I don't agree with that ruling for reasons that I outlined above.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            What about the server admins?
                            The people who actually PAY so you can play.
                            Shouldn't they be free to set things up the way they like it or the way they feel is best for their players?
                            It's a stupid idea to ban people who don't want to play in a squad, I'm a very good team player and I defend our flags from being captured better than most people, but I have 0 desire to be in a squad. This game is about 1 thing and that is having fun.

Comment

what makes a squad so unlikable... the difference is that you get an extra spawnpoint, and see green players instead of just blue... you get more benefits.... if you're lucky enough you join a squad full of teamwork and watch your back... i bet you haven't been i a good squad have you...

Comment

Working...
                              X