Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Ranks!!!!

Originally posted by Seriah
    with new ranks should come less unlocks per rank...only 1 per rank i think...gives one a REASON to attain rank....or they could finally give me what i want and add some pistol unlocks.....
    Can't be done according to DICE.. Well you could have a pisol unlock but only the 3rd weapon slot is changeable so then you'd only have a knife, normal pistol, pistol unlock and your kit specific equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trademark -DA-
      I dont post often here because I run a clan and post in our own forums. I must comment about ranks in game, though.

99% of the time that I see a private and even up to a sergeant...I outgun them and they die. More than 50% of the time...I can kill 3 privates running towards me using full auto/burst with the Scar-L, G3, or L851. It happens everytime I play. I dont bunny dance, C4 hop-n-lame, nor dolphin dive to save myself either.If I see alot of stripes on the enemy...I respond differently, methodical with cunning witt and I still dont revert to cheap tactics.

Rank does mean something ...experience. There is no way I am going to play rambo and run out and try a 1v1 on a Sergeant Major or a 2nd Lt! I know they will take aim and hit me while Im moving. A Sergeant or a private ...thats a different story.

I agree 150% with lSIlSERIALBUTCHER. The team with more higher ranks will win, no doubt. This is because a bunch of privates running around are, for the most part, useless. They are slow advancing, ignore a good Commander, stray from their squad leaders, run into lines of fire, throw grenades at their own team, and the list goes on and on. As people gain rank...they stop doing most of the activities that **** everyone off. They get better.

Bring on the new ranks...I would like to see more levels of players that I can count on and know their going to play to win and whoop alot of ass...right next to me. Thanks.
      Bravissimo, Trademark. Just what was needed in this topic. A post relating to that finer point of BF2 that counts for so much more than statistics, experience. After reading through each individual post and trying to be as objective as possible, one constant thing rang clear throughout... No one was really interested in how much experience one has when playing this game. Everyone can make mention on who has X medal, and who is 'better' at bunny hopping to 'pwn a n00b'. yet it took seven pages of forum posts to produce a response with any real merit. I even signed up a new account on this forum JUST to post my gratitude toward Trademark, and his comments.

All the stat-hunters and point-whores out there know, and know within their very soul, that the person with the greater experience should be feared a little more than that private who has just picked up his first M16A1 and fired a grenade in your general direction. Its the one that has a high rank next to their name that should COMMAND respect. Not for their ability to shoot you in the head at 300m, nor for their ability to pinpoint your position on the run with a hand grenade, but for the fact that they 'know' that they will not miss you, and that they will do it again if you make the same mistakes that led you to the respawn waiting screen you see before you.

Experience in todays modern military is what denotes a higher rank. You would be aghast to see a 4 star general with pimples on his face, unless you could see by his/her actions that they had EARNED their position through commitment and perseverance on the battlefield. Equally, you would be saddened to see the wrinkled, weathered old face of a gunnery sergeant eyeing you down through the barrel of his AK101 while he wearily fumbles around for the safety to attempt to cap you out. Why? because for all the time you put into a game, for all the points, ranks, medals, and ribbons you gain in a formulated, point-based system, it does not account for the experience you possess as an individual within the larger scale.

I've watched older players fumble around with keyboard controls and get themselves killed more times in a row than any of you would consider reasonable, and I've watched younger players, with a firm grasp of hand-eye coordination shoot said older players in the head twice with a pistol at 100m without batting an eyelid, but when it comes down to the end of the day and the computers are all turned off for the night, guess which one is telling the other to go and do their homework and get to bed, the one with the experience to know what should happen next.

I'll take experience over 'skill' any day of the week, as I know that even though skill produces results in the short term, experience will prevail in the end.

Comment

^^^^
        well said
        I am one of those "older players" with bumbling fungers
        but I am SGt Major
        from "brains" not "brawn"
        and , hehe
        with regards to rank
        we chuckle and say - "what should we do"
        when visitors to our sever yell
        "heyyyyyyyyy - even the teams"
        because they see all our sgt major ranks on one side

Comment

I dunno what was wrong with BF1942. No ranks there, and people still played. And if you wanted ranks then just check out gametrack.. Ah, the good old days!

Comment

i think tis is gonna make it worse, adding ranks but loawering requirements?
            There is just no point in bringing out new ranks !
            EA = Dumbass

Comment

I think when Armed assault comes out I will have moved on to a better game.

Comment

escape, I see you posted a pic of someone being promoted to sergeant major of the corps. Do you know if this rank will still just be given out to one person, or will it be available to everyone now?

Comment

Working...
                X