Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseraping script? pls delete!!

Originally posted by David Duchovny
    If you have a decent squad you can defeat a base raper any day. Base raping only works agains noobs. Everyone knows when the base raping takes place, that means its time to pull out the Anti-Tank and good old assault kit.
    not so true. if someone knows of the spawn points they can block it with a vehicle and only allow one spawn point and camp in front of it so everyone spawns at one spot. i have had it happen to me before and there is nothing you can do other than die or leave the server. you cant spawn at a point if the spawn points are covered with a vehicle. example. take a helo and set it right off a spawn point and cover the other spawn points with vehicle( they have to sit at the exact spawn point) and just sit and wait. they will spawn at the one you left open , right in front of your cobra/hind waiting for you to take them out. spawn raping like that is stupid. if the only point left is the uncap flag then they deserve to get raped cause that team sucks but if the flag is cappable or other flags are open then i think spawn campers are lame because they cant fight in the normal battlefield and win.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXgrimreaperXXX
      not so true. if someone knows of the spawn points they can block it with a vehicle and only allow one spawn point and camp in front of it so everyone spawns at one spot. i have had it happen to me before and there is nothing you can do other than die or leave the server. you cant spawn at a point if the spawn points are covered with a vehicle. example. take a helo and set it right off a spawn point and cover the other spawn points with vehicle( they have to sit at the exact spawn point) and just sit and wait. they will spawn at the one you left open , right in front of your cobra/hind waiting for you to take them out. spawn raping like that is stupid. if the only point left is the uncap flag then they deserve to get raped cause that team sucks but if the flag is cappable or other flags are open then i think spawn campers are lame because they cant fight in the normal battlefield and win.
      Normal battlefield?

The last I checked, the airstrips and uncapable bases are part of the game and battlefield.

If everyone on your team is spawning and getting killed going for a helicopter/jet, don't go for it. Go for the guy spawn camping. There is a way, it's called patience and sacrifice. I've arrived on servers with our team being spawn camped all the time, and I "somehow" find a way out and I normally capture another point. My experience with this as well, although I've just captured a point, noone bothers to spawn there, they continue complaining about spawn camping.

If someone is spending their time trying to spawn camp the uncapable bases, let them, and go and capture the rest that he/she isn't helping to capture. He won't be left with much chance if there is no1 helping him with capturing their points.

The commander assets are on their main base for a reason. They are meant to be destroyed by the enemy, so there is an equal strategy of attack and defense.

I was on a server last night, Kubra Dam. I was on USMC, and the MEC had every point captured. People were complaining of "spawn campers" and "base rape", yet not one other point was captured, and the MEC were getting bored. We were in the server less than 5mins, captured 2 points, and STILL our team was spawning at the main and complaining.

Me and my buddy came out after approx. 15mins with 73-10 and 52-?? and the closest person behind our score in captures/kills was on MEC with 28 points. Hell, they were even telling our team that they would let usget by them so they could start having fun. The same peeps on our team are the same people that would complain about being "base raped" but they do nothing to help the cause.

Oh well, I figure not everyone can play half good, and the rest of the community must eventually suffer. i.e. nade launchers being nerfed, helicopters being nerfed, etc.

I've been playing videogames since I can remember, and the BF series gives the most dynamics seen in any other game of its genre. Some of the people I play against are amazing, even public (we play as public members). I agree to keep a server fun, but if your team isn't playing as a team, how is that fun? I'd rather see them get "base raped" so I can get away while the enemy is distracted, and end up within the top 5 of our team.

I know, why don't they make a rule/script that kicks anyone that doesn't get 1 kill within the first 10mins of play? It seems just as feasible as what these people are complaining about: lack of "skill".

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a
        I know there is a script available on the internet that servers can install against baseraping. what it does is kick you as soon as you kill someone in a uncappeble flag radious.
        Good.

Comment

I dont see point of this thread. Noobs still thinks base rape is normal, because EA has not fixed it. So basicly bunny jumping and c4 trowing is ok too then,not matter what server admins says. And if i get kicked for that i just might go tell to EA about it.
          As i sed before i still play in script server no matter is it ranked or not. I mean i have unlocked my guns so who the hell cares about the rank anyway? My score speaks for itself in the end of the round.

Comment

Here is a novel idea... Protect your base! The only issue I have with base raping is if it is an uncapturable base and is the ONLY base left. Otherwise, it’s on like donkey kong... Keeping the attack chopper or planes out of the air is a ligit tactic and sometimes you don’t have a choice cuz they spawn in an uncapturable base... IE Gulf of Oman..

Also, squad up! Then you can spawn wherever your squad leader is…

Comment

Originally posted by trousermouse
              Here is a novel idea... Protect your base! The only issue I have with base raping is if it is an uncapturable base and is the ONLY base left. Otherwise, it’s on like donkey kong... Keeping the attack chopper or planes out of the air is a ligit tactic and sometimes you don’t have a choice cuz they spawn in an uncapturable base... IE Gulf of Oman..

Also, squad up! Then you can spawn wherever your squad leader is…
              I agree. The use of squads is crucial to a good game. I'm surprised more people don't use it, as it's the best tool to use against so-called "base rape".

As long as there is minimum of one spawn (aka uncapable) you can spawn on the leader. What I see, mostly from those complaining about these attacks, is that these same people will only jin your squad once they realize they'd been playing stupid and they now know what it's like not being able to spawn. Oh, but surprise surprise, you can't spawn on the leader if there are no other points on the map.

What I've noticed too, the people joining at the last second aren't "newbies" to this game, mostly by looking at their rank you'd think they'd have learned by now.

Both teams start off fairly even, as the game was intended. No team has any disadvantage to another until the battle starts. That's when the true nature of idiotic gaming comes into question. Five minutes into the battle and there is a sure sign of morons waiting for the jet(s) and/or helicotper, although you could clearly see on your minimap/map that they are all taken.

If you start as a team with an uncapped spawn, and the other doesn't, then you are in dire need to help capture points, advancing. On the other hand, if you are left with no uncaptureables, plan the inevitable: The enemy will try and "conquer" each point until the match is over. This is by far the simplest way of looking at this game, yet there are some that still only want to "kill" to get more combat points.

I play to win each and every time. I don't care if I get one kill out of the entire match, I know I will be helping my team win by doing what people complaining about "base raping" don't do: capture other points.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
                In the end that's all it is, harassment. Afraid of a fair fight?

Any yet you bitch about the engineers getting screwed in the next patch, no more bunny hopping shot guns? Another of your great tactic's.
                Afraid of logic? Harassment can do wonders to win a war. Diverting attention.... you know.. never mind.

What's not fair? Everyone can do it. It's a wide open field. Quit trying to limit it with some self imposed ideal. I'm sure the british thought it rather unsportsmanlike of the colonists to not line up in front of them in rows and fire. It's guerilla warfare dude. Rise to the challenge instead of taking away choices and freedom.

Ya I'll jump with my shotty! You ever used one? I can't shoot more than 10 feet away! Plus if you are prone I can get more shot to hit your body.

Comment

SAVE THE ENGINEER!
                  Post patch 1.2
                  Team mates still running over mines.
                  Can not jump throw mines on to vehicles
                  Can no longer grenade/detonate mines.
                  Can no longer jump and fire the shotgun.
                  This class BADLY needs some dev love.

I agree. Another thing to add to the engineer cause, I don't find an engineer gets enough points for repairing.

I love playing with the MK or the pump shottie, hell, eve the MP7. I however enjoy the idea of not being able to destroy the mines. It really ruins it for me.

Hopefully they don't "nerf" it more than it already is.

PEACE

Comment

i love baseraping, its funny to watch noobs defend a non-cap base.

Comment

I think it is also important, as far as this discussion, to specify "base rape" and "spawn camping"

To give my own stance. I think the uncappable spawn is a viable tactical target. But, I also feel that something should be done about the limited number of spawn places.

It's not acceptable that EA makes so few spawns that they can be blocked by vehicles or people can predict where you will appear. I think many of the people that rail against base rape would deal with it better if they were offered some form of spawn protection. I think patching this would make everyone happy, whichever side you find yourself on.

Comment

Originally posted by sumguyhavinfun
                        theres no use at the opposition being at your uncappable flag or you at theirs, the game is about capturing flags, except to destroy uav, arty or the scan radar.
                        Actually it is not. Firstly the game is about having fun full stop. Secondly it is about reducing a set number of tickets to 0. Capturing flags increases ticket rate but losses i.e. deaths reduce the tickets far faster.

Having extra spawn points is of course great but is not the only way to win the battle.

I only play on EA officials cause there are no extra rules except No TK's or cheating. I don't agree with spawn raping but base raping to create supression, distraction and destroying assetts is perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Out of interest what was the name of the server and or ip that runs the baseraping script?

The script I have found deals with it differently and in fact would be deemed illegal because it changes the point system.

Here's how this script works:

Module
                          AntiBaseRape.py
                          Author
                          SHAnders
                          Version
                          Server side only admin script.

This script will punish players who kill enemy within the area of a safe base. (Control point that can't be captured.)

The punishment is the following:

The victims death score will be lowered by 1
                          The attackers kill score will will be lowered by 1
                          The attackers overall score will be lowered by 2 + number of warnings
                          If warnings > 3 then...
                          The attackers TKs score will be increased by 1
                          If attacker is on foot, he/she's health will be lowered to 0
                          If attacker is in a vehicle, its health will be lowered to 1
                          1 warning will be removed from players history every 2 minutes

The radius for a safe base is set to 40. (Standard controlpoint capture area is 10.)

Now as far as I know that script would be illegal to run on a Ranked server because it changes the point system, which is obviously a big no no. However the script the original poster talked about would be 100% legal because it kicks for base raping. Robske did that script give you a number of warnings 1st before you got kicked?

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            How would you feel about a script that auto-kicked vehicle TKers?
                            This is what we are thinking about creating. An anti noob ejector script. Here's how it would work. Person A: goes and gets in a heli or plane. Person B: the noob ejector with the M95, noob ejects person A: Person B: gets kicked by the Arse ejector script.(term dubbed by Wargimp) :laugh:

Now I'm sure nobody but the noob ejector would have a problem with this script and it would be there only for people using an M95 to tk for a vehicle. As we work on the basis that we need to see it happen and we can't always take the word of a player because unfortunately they tend to lie to us, this would be a way for us to auto admin this aspect of griefer play that is not acceptable. A hybrid of this script may even contain an auto SS which gets uploaded to our site and auto placed in the hall of shame.

Comment

really glad ive never run into one of these servers, just have admins and baserapers will be taken care of accordingly

Comment

Sounds good to me.. I might change it to a perm ban instead of a kick.. I hate people that TK for vehicles...... Another way to do it would be to keep them from jumping in a vehicle for 10 seconds after a TK. That way they can’t immediately jump in and someone else could jump in depriving them of the vehicle. Don't know if that's possible but I think it would work also...

Comment

Working...
                                X