Baseraping script? pls delete!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseraping script? pls delete!!

Churrasco - you know that sig? Only FIVE kills there.

just thought I'd point that out.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
      There is nothing illegal whatsoever about running a no base raping script.
      For unranked servers only though. What if ranked servers decide to do it? You're cheap anyway to do it on an unranked one, but extending it to ranked is downright illegal.

Only the cheap players will go and rape an uncap when there are other bases to attack. Why? Well the ranking system encourages them to go and get their cheap kills. If there are other flags to be taken they should be attacking those flags.
      And only bad players get camped into oblivion and complain about it to the point they install a script or get admins to kick people killing them. Using your gun in the game does a lot of good. Sadly, people would rather fire their mouth off at the person that killed them after they spawn, rather than fire their gun.

As someone said people will vote with their feet and its pretty obvious if you look at my sig how people feel about it.
      Or at the many posts of you advertising in threads about server ethics.

Comment

It amazes me that people haven't provided this link already.

Edit - Removed RoE, <<R2>>Capt.HKS already posted it. And BTW Jesse, extended such a rule to ranked servers isn't illegal follow the link I provided.

I for one think if someone is using a script for their server to prevent baseraping, I say go for it. If you don't like it, find another server.

But personally, I think the no baseraping rule is lame and find it annoying when people on the EA:UK servers complain when they get baseraped. Then somehow pull out imaginary numbers out of their ass stating 95% of servers have this rule and ban for baseraping. What further baffles me that they rather stay in the server and complain rather than go to the 95% of this so called servers and stay there.

And hell, I don't even fly. I have baseraped and been baseraped, and it's still imo, part of the game and perfectly legit. I also find it funny that people complain that baserapers are unskilled, just leads me to believe how did the people that get baseraped get into their current predicament in the first place.

Comment

Nice post, Xurreal.

That kinda ends the debate right there, don't it folks?

Comment

Originally posted by Xurreal
            I for one think if someone is using a script for their server to prevent baseraping, I say go for it. If you don't like it, find another server.
            Yep, thats the key point right there. The servers can enforce it if they want, and everyone has a different opinion on it.

The only real problem i can see out of all this, is that you are not actually going to know if the server enforces it untill you have joined the server and then either seen it listed in the server message or get warned for doing it.

Comment

wow.. never heard of these servers... i gots a question tough... if i rain arty down on the other team's main and kill som1 would i get kicked? if i do that SUX!#%

Comment

Originally posted by Xurreal
                I also find it funny that people complain that baserapers are unskilled, just leads me to believe how did the people that get baseraped get into their current predicament in the first place.
                Exactly...I am no fan of baseraping, but let's be honest here, if you are getting baseraped 1 of 2 things happened...either your team was totally inept, or the other team played a phenomenal round and rolled your sorry arses. I hate being on the receiving end of a baserape, but it happens. If you don't like it STOP RESPAWNING and wait for the carnage to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by pepper22
                  let's be honest here, if you are getting baseraped 1 of 2 things happened...either your team was totally inept, or the other team played a phenomenal round and rolled your sorry arses. .
                  What about the times when there are 3-4 other flags the enemy should be trying to cap, but instead they are camping your non-cap in a tank?

The rest of your team is out trying to get enemy flags, are they supossed to stay behing defending a non-cap instead of taking enemy flags? If your team is pushed back to your only flag, the non-cap that's one thing, but there are plenty of players that will drive past 2 enemy flags just to spawn camp your base, and that is lame, no matter how you cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
                    What about the times when there are 3-4 other flags the enemy should be trying to cap, but instead they are camping your non-cap in a tank?

The rest of your team is out trying to get enemy flags, are they supossed to stay behing defending a non-cap instead of taking enemy flags? If your team is pushed back to your only flag, the non-cap that's one thing, but there are plenty of players that will drive past 2 enemy flags just to spawn camp your base, and that is lame, no matter how you cut it.
                    If I can harrass your main base and trick you into comming back to defend an uncappable. Looks like a pretty effective tactic. If I can blow up or take your assets that works pretty well for me too.

I've done it when it's the right moment, and it's been done to me. It's not my only trick or style of play it is simply something I will employ depending on the enemies style and the ebb and flow of the game.

You guys want to be coddled and enable scripts instead of stepping up to the diverse tactical challenges that Battlefield offers. I don't understand why you want to limit a game this rich and detailed.

I've said it before, but I really can't wait until these games become so detailed and tactically diverse, that many of you will leave the game. You will leave because you won't be able to count, let alone bitch about the many TACTICS that the game offers. You can play pong and make up rules as to how acute of an angle you can strike the ball for all I care.
                    At that point true combatants can take to the field and enjoy a war game without being worried about squashing an infant at an uncappable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                      If I can harrass your main base
                      In the end that's all it is, harassment. Afraid of a fair fight?

Any yet you bitch about the engineers getting screwed in the next patch, no more bunny hopping shot guns? Another of your great tactic's.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                        Base raping is a perfectly legit tactic, only n00bs complain about "base raping" because in fact there is no such thing.
                        Are we talking about capable or uncapable spawn points?

if it is a cappable base I say camp away, I will just spawn somewhere else, but if we are talking uncapable then you should be kicked and banned for raping an uncapable control point....and anyone who does not think attacking a uncapable point is a loser tactic then they are 14 years old or less and have no damn idea what sportsmanship is, and dont tell me "well it is war buddy" cause guess what it is a videogame

Comment

Today I got kicked by admin for camping at Tha DPG 24/7 Oman after I sniped 2 people camping for a heli at their uncap, and we had all flags. If that's not crap I don't know what is.

Comment

how about this, you guys can camp away at our uncaps, but for God sake give me a five second timeframe after spawning of invincibility (while not being able to shoot) to get some cover or something, I have no problem defending agains campers but if I die 1sec after I spawn that is crazy, it is like a shooting gallery....and all this n00b talk is stupid it is about fair play (after all it is a game and not actually war), If my team/squad has all the cap points other than an enemy uncap, I let the enemy come out of their base cause I enjoy the challenge.....anyone with moderate skill can sit there and wait till an enemy magically appears and wax them with their APC or whatever.....use some sort of code of ethics, I mean damn even real war has rules of engagment

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin581
                              how about this, you guys can camp away at our uncaps, but for God sake give me a five second timeframe after spawning of invincibility (while not being able to shoot) to get some cover or something, I have no problem defending agains campers but if I die 1sec after I spawn that is crazy, it is like a shooting gallery....and all this n00b talk is stupid it is about fair play (after all it is a game and not actually war), If my team/squad has all the cap points other than an enemy uncap, I let the enemy come out of their base cause I enjoy the challenge.....anyone with moderate skill can sit there and wait till an enemy magically appears and wax them with their APC or whatever.....use some sort of code of ethics, I mean damn even real war has rules of engagment
                              I Agree. This invincibility might be a solution. But i already hear of baserapers whine about this idea like "cheating", "ou god you noob, respawn elsewhere no matter if there is no other spawnpoint"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                                But what's with your sig? Ordinance? Huh? Law? Are you trying to say ORDNANCE? Yes, you are.
                                Yes, I am. Thanks
                                Originally posted by Mongo Only Pawn
                                Churrasco - you know that sig? Only FIVE kills there.

just thought I'd point that out.
                                Actually I killed 6, but the limit of kills displayed is 5

Most of the uncappable flags have multiple spawn points.

Comment

Working...
                                X