Baseraping script? pls delete!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseraping script? pls delete!!

I remeber, there was a script for BF1942.
    if you get to a uncappble bease (like berlin) you healt bar was going down.

but it was not so big raduis.

so people who was not so better still had change (only a little change)
    but still they where ownd because berlin had some top players ^^

I will aprove it for unrankend servers not for rankend because it a legal tactick and also if it come so far. you dersurve it .

Comment

I regularly kick people who are inside of an uncappable base not taking out the assets. When you come inside of the base and sit in an LAV or BTR with the intent to spawncamp. You're gone! However, If your team owns all the flags, you are allowed to come near the uncappable but not within its borders. You setup defense outside of it and thats it.

Same thing applies towards artillery strikes on aircraft carriers/main uncappable and bombing with a jet.

Some of you may think its a legit tactic when in fact its just cheap and unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by dR-Jester
        I regularly kick people who are inside of an uncappable base not taking out the assets. When you come inside of the base and sit in an LAV or BTR with the intent to spawncamp. You're gone! However, If your team owns all the flags, you are allowed to come near the uncappable but not within its borders. You setup defense outside of it and thats it.

Same thing applies towards artillery strikes on aircraft carriers/main uncappable and bombing with a jet.

Some of you may think its a legit tactic when in fact its just cheap and unacceptable.
        Let me guess Jester, you have come from a BF background? Now let me guess all these others that think that camping/raping an uncap when there are other flags to take came from a CSS background?

Its what we old school BF'ers consider to be called good sportsmanship to not attack uncaps at least until all flags are taken and then even then a lot will continue it further and atleast let them leave their uncap base. Even though we have the rule no attacking uncaps till last flag, I still usually hang back and let them leave their base without killing them as they spawn.

Comment

Hm... well- in any case... people with that script will see very very few patrons in their servers. Simple. If people are getting kicked- simply for engaging in combat in an enemy-base... then well, I can only see reason for decent players to leave it (and spawn-campers of course :P )

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
            Hm... well- in any case... people with that script will see very very few patrons in their servers. Simple. If people are getting kicked- simply for engaging in combat in an enemy-base... then well, I can only see reason for decent players to leave it (and spawn-campers of course :P )
            How so?
            All it's doing is enforcing a house rule. I'd assume that rule would be stated somewhere on the server.
            Many admins already kick for the behaviour that's discribed... all the script is doing is saving them the work.

Don't wanna get kicked?
            Don't break the rules.

Same as any other server... we're just talking about taking the load off admins.

Makes a LOT of sense to me.

How would you feel about a script that auto-kicked vehicle TKers?

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              How so?
              All it's doing is enforcing a house rule. I'd assume that rule would be stated somewhere on the server.
              Many admins already kick for the behaviour that's discribed... all the script is doing is saving them the work.

Don't wanna get kicked?
              Don't break the rules.

Same as any other server... we're just talking about taking the load off admins.

Makes a LOT of sense to me.

How would you feel about a script that auto-kicked vehicle TKers?
              Yeah, actually- thats what I say... just a bit tired right now, so I'm not very thorough at the moment with whatever point I want to push...

Just saying that- well- if people believe some rules of a server sucks- they'll leave it and find another without those rules. It's not like it's costing them anything to leave.

Comment

Not to mention- to add to Wargimps post- it will encourage you to be careful with the missiles so they wont wander off to the uncappable.
                Although I personally support using said script, the scenarios of the intro post is scaring the s*** out of me (being a pilot as I am).

Comment

You guys are still going at it?

Here it is, simple again:

It is part of the game. Whether uncapable or capable, it is part of the game. So is bunny hopping, using grenade launchers, A.T kits to kill infantry.

If EA/DICE didn't want it as part of the game, they would remove it, and you losers would be left without any points to spawn at. How's that for comfort? No more "base raping" when you can't spawn, as it should be. Sorts out idiots from those that can cope. They put uncapables in so you may have a chance to survive impending defeat.

It is part of the game, and the "skilled" players find a way around getting whooped by simlpe and effective tactics. Counter these tactics properly, stop spawning in obvious places, and don't let the points get out of hand. Play BF the way it was meant to be: by any means necessary. Those that complain this much will ruin the franchise.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                    Its what we old school BF'ers consider to be called good sportsmanship to not attack uncaps at least until all flags are taken and then even then a lot will continue it further and atleast let them leave their uncap base. Even though we have the rule no attacking uncaps till last flag, I still usually hang back and let them leave their base without killing them as they spawn.
                    *Cheers and applauses*
                    Still yet to play on your R2 servers properly... been there before, but kept getting kicked for high-ping , need to find that GOOD computer down at the net cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                      Let me guess Jester, you have come from a BF background? Now let me guess all these others that think that camping/raping an uncap when there are other flags to take came from a CSS background?

I'm old school. Don't speak for us. Though I won't try to hit people where they spawn. I will harass an uncappable. Post 69!!! (hands in the air)

Comment

Last night there was a bit of this going on in a server I was playing on, at Oman, I went to eat and came back to find that the Carrier was out last spawn and we were getting dealt a bad beating on it, to the point I yelled at one of my clanmates because he was on the other side helping with the beating. Unfortunely for them the next round was Kubra, and I found an amazing helo pilot (actually, our whole squad were in helos)...lets just say within a minute the former rapers had no air and we absolutely dealt it back to them in spades x10.

It come and it goes, teamwork and determination are something that people need to get with to beat back the enemy. If they are raping the top oif the ship, guess what? There's another spawn point down below, I know, I know, but then you can't get the plane, well guess what? you aren't anyway when it blows up. Let them concentrate on the top, while you and three or more slip out in the boats. Sure, you may get killed, at least you tried and added to one of the guys on shores score instead of the lame pilots.

Comment

Its funny how guys will say only noobs complain about spawn camping, and its a lame rule not to attack the uncap,blah blah blah,etc.
                          Also these guys saying this, don't have there own server for one.
                          Go pay for a dedicated 64 player server and keep it full with your lame base camping tactics and see how long it stays full,and see if you get your money's worth.
                          We have rules like this cause it is a pub server, not a clan battle ladder server.
                          Simple rules like this keeps the server full and 95% of the people happy cause they are getting to play a fair game.
                          Why pay $150+/mth for a empty server for spawn camping?
                          If you cant follow simple rules go to a non/admined server, its that simple. There is plenty of servers out there. Don't cry cause you get kicked/banned. Your not paying for that server or donating to it.

Back in the BFV days, on Operation Hastings it would only take 5 of us to control the map. We spawn camped like no other. Stealing Huey's/Mi8's and down right owning. Getting banned left and right from servers. So we got our own BFV server and wondered why we couldn't keep it full.
                          Simple rules and listening to the Battlefield communities was the key. Wither some of us agree or not on some of the rules doesn't matter. We got a successful server that people enjoy to play on and thats what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I
                            We got a successful server that people enjoy to play on and thats what matters.
                            That's the key. Enjoying playing.
                            Good pub servers aren't about one side owning the other. It's not about a couple clanners kickin the crap outta a server full of noobs. A GOOD pub server is one where people have fun. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Godspeed
                              First of all you are complete moron, cos you talk against yourself....
                              Actually only noobs base rape cos that`s the only way they get kills, to shoot spawning infantry with a tank in their main base and btw Im not a noob, i get atleast 3-rd place in 64 player server. And i have never base rape enemys base cos i know how annoying that is.
                              You're a complete moron because you say "cos" and can't express your thoughts in coherent sentences.

If a server want's to prevent excessive attacks on an uncapturable base, then fine; however, they should actively admin the server and warn/kick those that are exploiting the game and not valid attacks instead of relying on a blind script to do it for them.

Comment

agreed.. I'm not a big fan of baseraping, but if you have 0 flags - what the heck are you supposed to do? Sit gentlemenly at a flag and await the approach of the enemy? ffs, its war, all things should be legal....

I've pounded the opposition with arty @ their base, especially when they may have only 1 flag but we have a hot battle going on there -- instead of racking up TK's I'll drop it in a more safe place - I assume this lame script would kick for doing that.. meh

Comment

Working...
                                X