Wake 2007 unbalanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wake 2007 unbalanced?

Nothing wrong with Wake, most games Ive played as USMC the USMC always win, all you need is there airfield, double the air power=ownage

Comment

Re: Wake 2007 unbalanced?

Originally posted by colony
      Actually Wake should be an easy victory for the USMC, but a couple things have to happen. First, someone who can fly has to get in the jet before a noob gets in. What usually happens on this map is the first Chinese pilot always flys off to attack the carrier. To counter this, the first USMC pilot has to engage him. If left alone, the J10 will shoot down black hawks, cobra, the boats etc. and cause havok on the carrier. If first USMC pilot goes down early thanks to some nooblet crashing into the water on takeoff, then getting the F35s into the air becomes very hard. By that time, the 2nd J10 is in the air joining the 1st J10 in on the party at the carrier, tanks have lined up at the tips of Wake Island shooting any boaters or even swimmers(yea, i've seen it) trying to make it to shore, and the PLA commander continues to arty the carrier and track any USMC strandlers that may try to get to a base. In conclusion, whoever controls the skies, wins the game most of the time.

US must somehow quickly take over the airfield and hold it with all their might. One very smart thing I've seen done on this map is to have a squad of engineers who take the tanks (3) and actually form on eachother creating an armored convoy who stay close to each other and constantly repair each other of any damage. That is very hard to kill(even with the 500 pound bomb drops from jets and with Anti tankers hitting them with rockets). So even if the US do get a flag, they would go right to that flag as soon as it turned neutral, shoot down anyone who spawned and quickly regained that flag. I actually experienced this last night. I kept hitting them with bombs (3 passes) and didnt kill any, but only when I directly hit one of them with both bombs did one finally blow up. Too bad most dont do this in public play.
      This is exactly how it needs to work with some other things. I generally fly the jets (~65 hours of 160 total), and on wake Island if we get a noob in the plane, and they have a decent pilot on the J-10, the carrier is screwed.. No one is getting anywhere at that point.

Luckily, my computer is fast, so I usually am first into the round (upon map change), and I jump into the F35 and run over to the airfield, and kill every spawning J-10, and Z-10. This allows our guys to get over to the mainland.

At that point the key is to capture the airfield, and allow our planes (me) to rearm without flying back to the carrier. At that point I can pretty much devistate any of their remaining spawns, and/or tanks.

Wake Island, if China has good pilots is all about the first 5 mins.

Comment

Working...
      X