Wake 2007 unbalanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wake 2007 unbalanced?

More than any other map, the USMC pilots Have to go after the Chinese pilots. If they do anything else all hope is lost. Even though it doesnt look like it to new players, The USMC pilots control who wins. Like the previous post said there is only 2 things that have to happen. USMC pilots keep the Chineese pilots busy and then USMC ground forces take the Chineese air field. Do those 2 and its game over for the Chineese. All the Chineese have to do is keep the USMC on the Essex. I bet you never thought that map could be won with only 3 points in mind, did you? . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
      The USMC team winning is simply a matter of loading up the blackhawk and dumping six guys over any flag (they're all usually poorly defended).
      Yep that's what i always do i make a squad take the BH up to 450 feet (above were most aircraft fly) fly over to the airfield and then get the guys to halo jump. Ill even explain if i have to how to jump because most noobs pull there parachute way to early and end up drifting of to the wrong place or letting the enemy see them on the way down. I personally thinks this is a great tactic if the first wave goes wrong and everyone dies they can all respawn on me an we can try again at that flag or a different flag.

HALO jumping explained (this is just for the noobs incase they don't know wtf I'm on about). When you jump from a very high altitude don't pull your parachute straight away . What you need to do is move you mouse downwards once you leave the heli you will then be facing the ground. Whatever the centre of your screen is pointing at you will fall to (within reason remember your falling downwards not sideways). When you get really close to the ground press 9 to open your parachute. A little tip for you on wake island try aiming to land on the buildings around the flags. Half the time you can cap the flag while up there and it totally batters the enemy's head they'll be running around the building looking for you not thinking to look up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
        People tend to play this map stupidly.

People need to realise that this is an assualt map. The rules are simple. The USMC bleeds until they capture a CP. The PRA cannot be forced into bleed unless they lose ALL their flags. Beyond that, it's kills that count.

All the US needs to focus on is getting a single CP as quickly as possible, then get ta work killin. Unfortunatly, most numbskulls instantly rush the same damned CP every time... and it's always the one that's best defended.

Meanwhile, the PRA need to make sure they don't loose their Airfield. Nothing matters compaired to that one flag. But does anyone defend it? No! They all go rushing off north or west so they can get more kills shooting dumb yanks in boats (who are likely to be rushing the same stupid place over and over).

Really, this is a 'hawker's map. A smart Blackhawk pilot can get some guys down on the ground where the enemy is thinest in no time. Then he can provide tactical stand off support and start working that kill count. When needed, he can bounce to other CPs and boost up team resources without exposing grunts to too much fire.

Conversly, if the Chinise can own the air, it can become very hard for a Hawker to do much.

That's my take on things anyway.
        one of the best rounds we had on Wake was to get the blackhawk up at it's max height. the Pilot was a squad leader, and 1-2 gunners were leaders of other squads.

At that height, with little movement, you can bail and fly to any base on the map. We had 13 people altogether involved. The Chinese were saying, where the hell are they? The 2, 3, and 5 went grey withing a short time. When they took one back, we HALO'd in on that base and took it as their vehicles were driving away.

It also works well for the Chinese. Bail and fly to the carrier. It causes a lot of confusion and teamkills for the US when an enemy lands in the middle of 6 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmurphee
          it seems totally unfair for the USMC to win a game.
          all it takes is a little momentum, spawn at the small island, get on wake, then make a squad. only spawn on the deck if you have to.

wake isnt unbalanced, because its quite easy for the pla to be in just the same position as the usmc at the start. its an air support map, who ever holds that airfield wins, bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
            this video demonstrates how to win wake as USMC easily with one squad as the main driving force for the game

http://rapidshare.de/files/11993477/RII.avi.html

choose the free download option and enter the securtiy code to download also you need the lastest Xvid codec
            nice one hehe

Comment

first to spawn on the carrier takes a plane and bails out the back of the pla airfield and becomes SL. Spawn an entire team on them (fastest way to get across the map) & take airfield (J-10 can no longer rearm when it returns from carrier) this also forces remainder of PLA to spawn away from base which they now need to take back, and also still hold off attack from the carrier.

USMC should win if they hold the airfield..

Comment

I dont think it is unbalanced. It`s all about teamwork.Planes and ah-16 have to cover boats and blackhawk so they can capture the flags.The main problem is that players stay on carrier to take a plane or chopper and won`t attack. Just bad team ...

OT: btw anyone knows the second song of the wake island video?
                http://rapidshare.de/files/11993477/RII.avi.html guess i have to buy another cd (yeah right )

Comment

It's not unbalanced - it's just harder!

Think about it, the USMC can only come at the PLA from one direction (near enough), and once they go feet dry, it becomes a full frontal assault.

It's near enough a modern D-Day landing type situation.

Comment

It's all about the players. These are my stats on Wake Island:
                    time: 264:15:39
                    wins: 331
                    losses: 298
                    best round usmc 195
                    best round pla 153

On the rest ov the maps I have average of 3 hours.

Comment

USMC can easily annihilate the PLA

it takes teamwork, tactics and less whining

Comment

And as commander, nothing is more frustrating than having 8 squads of 1 soldier....
                        How about 9 squads of 1 soldier

If USMC doesn't get a flag within the first 5 minutes of the round they'll pretty much loose, unless they can take all the flags and wipe the Chinese out.

I was on one map playing Chinese and a full squad of USMC would constantly fly and try to take our main base. What was kewl was the USMC's plane would fly cover for them AND the USMC Apache would fly behind the Blackhawk protecting it from the enemy's helo.

They kept going at our main base eventhough the USMC didn't have any bases.

Its very annoying because no one defends the Chinese main base at the beginning once the tank, jets and helecopter are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy

The USMC team winning is simply a matter of loading up the blackhawk and dumping six guys over any flag (they're all usually poorly defended).
                          True but usually people wont join squads. Also im pretty sure the USA have better boats than those we have in the game, i mean something faster and stronger. Not those stupid raft. Theyre so slow that you usually get killed before getting anywhere

And i would say that in order to win you gotta have multiple squads working. So when you do cap a flag, a 2nd squad tries to take another one on the opposite side of the island while the chinese are busy re-capping theirs.

Comment

The key thing to win when playing USMC is to take the airfield as early as possible. This way The J10's and Z10's that are in the air already can't reload/fix and ultimately you leave the chinese without air support. Taking over 1 or 2 aditional flags will help, but the airfield is crucial. Believe me, 80% of my 350 hours I've spent playing this map and I know every single corner and rock on it.

Comment

gove is absolutely correct. The key to winning Wake Island for either side is to control the airfield. If the PLA keeps it the entire round, they'll win. If the USMC happens to get a hold of it and keeps it, they'll win. It's almost that simple.

After all, the main purpose of the USMC being there is to take out the PLA's airfield.

Comment

True but usually people wont join squads. Also im pretty sure the USA have better boats than those we have in the game, i mean something faster and stronger. Not those stupid raft. Theyre so slow that you usually get killed before getting anywhere

And i would say that in order to win you gotta have multiple squads working. So when you do cap a flag, a 2nd squad tries to take another one on the opposite side of the island while the chinese are busy re-capping theirs.
                                You don't need organized squads to win Wake as USMC (of course, they help). When I play Wake Island in pubs, I try to be the first one to the Blackhawk. I load up, fly over the North Base, give the "bail out" radio command, mission accomplished. What's better is when the 5 guys that were with me take the jeeps and proceed to capture the airfield (because the PLA team always neglects to defend it).

On another note, capturing the airfield in the early game pretty much assures a US victory, but the very most important thing the USMC has to do is a capture a flag, ANY flag. Stopping ticket bleed is the most important thing to do right off the bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X