Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to shake off the fighter plane behind you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to shake off the fighter plane behind you?

Im ranked 39th with a 18-1 K/D ratio. Im not bragging, I just want yall to know my experience before I get flamed on my tips.
    Heres a Tip for staying right behind a jet.
    Stay in the other jets arc. If you turn into him too soon, you will overshoot him. If you turn into him too late, you will lose sight of him. When you first spot an enemy, stay higher than him and fly toward his smoke contrails. If he is experienced, he will spot you, but by this time, you will be in his smoke arc.

A few guys here have given the tip of using the Immelman or the "S" to evade someone on your tail. That seems to work for me against 95% of pilots as well.

Another aspect of this is the concept of never allowing someone to put you at a disadvantage. For me, thats paying attention to everything, using every view possible. An example of this is when you pass another jet. If you look back and see that he has turned, its time to lose him now while he doesnt see you. If you look back and see which direction hes turning, you can do an over the top loop while turning the same direction and you may end up right behind him.

Once I engage an enemy, I try to kill him real quick. Bombers are free kills....just stay on the guns and they wont realize till its too late. Even if they do realize midway in, youre in their smoke arc now and cant lose them.....or at least I cant.

A few guys have mentioned slowing down. Ill admit that some pilots have used that against me in the past. Sometimes, not often....I have been fooled. Ill get so involved in a fight, that Im not looking for it and bam....Im going by them. I immediatly invert and leave the scene. Do not crash into him as he slows, youll just mess up your KD ratio and will have to stand in that line again to get another jet. But at no time has this worked twice on the same map. After that, Im looking for it. Typically he will try it again because he thinks if it worked once, it will again. But this time, Im not following as close and Im looking for it....its an easy kill.

Heres my thoughts on pilots going to the ceiling or heading to outer space to lose me. I used to get a little mad at it and sometimes would follow only to see the message "yoohoo313131 is no more". Now I am allways a medic, expecting it and looking at my altitude in relation to where i am on the map. If I cant take em out quick and hes heading to outer space, I invert and head back down. I will typically see on the screen within 10 seconds...."JoeBlowPilot is no more". If I believe hes just following the horizon at 700 - 800ft, Ill follow. Its a judgement call and part of that call is whether I feel like waiting in line for another jet.

If pressed I have a ton of tips, but heres my last and maybe the best. When you get in that jet, make it a point to stay alive all round. Dont take unneccesary risks. Examples: Youre flying over the airfield to rearm and you didnt pay attention to the minimap, if you had, you would have see a friendly jet coming the other way....bam youre dead. You try to take out a chopper with one pass...bam youre dead because you rammed him or you hit his wreckage. Take 2,3, or even 4 passes...who cares how many passes, just dont get too close and die. Youre flying over your airfield to rearm thinking about how cool you are cuz you just bombed sumpthin...you hear a tone and drop flares, yet you continue to fly straight cuz you need those bombs and ...bam youre dead cuz I followed you to your airfield without giving you warning I was there, then I spammed my missles on your poopy hole.......inevitably, you will then call me a haxor...lol

Comment

Comment

Did this once- I was actually flying a helo- and a Jet caught onto me, I managed to evade his first few missiles, but it was obvious he wasn't going to give up until I'm gone. At the time, I was flying low to evade his missiles.

I landed the helo in a relatively bushy area- and the jet couldn't find me no more... Now... landing a jet would be a bit harder. So... try this- fly low, and do a few fakies (fake turns)- and use your afterburner, this guy should have his afterburners on too. Then, reduce throttle to the best of your ability and make a sharp 180- in any direction. If possible, while you're reducing your throttle and you're rather level to the ground (and it's relatively clear up ahead), try to kiss the ground a bit too- your plane should roll along the land- allowing you to stay as low as the land should allow. This should prove an obstacle to your enemy.

If your plane has been rolling along the ground for long enough whilst reducing your throttle- you would have lost enough velocity, and the enemy flyer would have had to fly over you. You might just be able to catch up and tail him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
          dont suck
          If colony is your name online too, i dont like you. :laugh: Your are way too good with the damn jets. I hope your stick starts malfuntioning, lol J/K...or am i.

Comment

Originally posted by yoohoo313131
            Im ranked 39th with a 18-1 K/D ratio. Im not bragging, I just want yall to know my experience before I get flamed on my tips.
            Heres a Tip for staying right behind a jet.
            Stay in the other jets arc. If you turn into him too soon, you will overshoot him. If you turn into him too late, you will lose sight of him. When you first spot an enemy, stay higher than him and fly toward his smoke contrails. If he is experienced, he will spot you, but by this time, you will be in his smoke arc.

A few guys here have given the tip of using the Immelman or the "S" to evade someone on your tail. That seems to work for me against 95% of pilots as well.

Another aspect of this is the concept of never allowing someone to put you at a disadvantage. For me, thats paying attention to everything, using every view possible. An example of this is when you pass another jet. If you look back and see that he has turned, its time to lose him now while he doesnt see you. If you look back and see which direction hes turning, you can do an over the top loop while turning the same direction and you may end up right behind him.

Once I engage an enemy, I try to kill him real quick. Bombers are free kills....just stay on the guns and they wont realize till its too late. Even if they do realize midway in, youre in their smoke arc now and cant lose them.....or at least I cant.

A few guys have mentioned slowing down. Ill admit that some pilots have used that against me in the past. Sometimes, not often....I have been fooled. Ill get so involved in a fight, that Im not looking for it and bam....Im going by them. I immediatly invert and leave the scene. Do not crash into him as he slows, youll just mess up your KD ratio and will have to stand in that line again to get another jet. But at no time has this worked twice on the same map. After that, Im looking for it. Typically he will try it again because he thinks if it worked once, it will again. But this time, Im not following as close and Im looking for it....its an easy kill.

Heres my thoughts on pilots going to the ceiling or heading to outer space to lose me. I used to get a little mad at it and sometimes would follow only to see the message "yoohoo313131 is no more". Now I am allways a medic, expecting it and looking at my altitude in relation to where i am on the map. If I cant take em out quick and hes heading to outer space, I invert and head back down. I will typically see on the screen within 10 seconds...."JoeBlowPilot is no more". If I believe hes just following the horizon at 700 - 800ft, Ill follow. Its a judgement call and part of that call is whether I feel like waiting in line for another jet.

If pressed I have a ton of tips, but heres my last and maybe the best. When you get in that jet, make it a point to stay alive all round. Dont take unneccesary risks. Examples: Youre flying over the airfield to rearm and you didnt pay attention to the minimap, if you had, you would have see a friendly jet coming the other way....bam youre dead. You try to take out a chopper with one pass...bam youre dead because you rammed him or you hit his wreckage. Take 2,3, or even 4 passes...who cares how many passes, just dont get too close and die. Youre flying over your airfield to rearm thinking about how cool you are cuz you just bombed sumpthin...you hear a tone and drop flares, yet you continue to fly straight cuz you need those bombs and ...bam youre dead cuz I followed you to your airfield without giving you warning I was there, then I spammed my missles on your poopy hole.......inevitably, you will then call me a haxor...lol

Ah a smart man. Any servers you normally play at?

Comment

I dont have any particular server i play on. I do a search and whoever has alot of players with good ping, Im on it. Some I play on more than others
              =SAS=sasklan
              wolfservers.com
              ROXgaming
              ATi

Comment

Working...
              X