Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to shake off the fighter plane behind you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to shake off the fighter plane behind you?

Originally posted by 0likid
    that sites pretty good, whered u find it?
    Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

I wish I had fraps to show you an example. What I do is circle around for 3 laps. He's on your tail, circle around, this will avoid missles and gun fire. I usually check if they're behind me but on bombs by pressing c to see behind my jet. Anyday I do 3 circles or more and then I do a huge loop in the air and then back down. He'll try to pay attention to try and catch up with you turning so he can get a good spot to gun and lose his attention when you violently turn up. No problems at all for me and has worked 90 % of the time of evading jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
        I wish I had fraps to show you an example.
        http://www.fraps.com/

Comment

In my reasonably limited experience I find random turning helps shake bogeys, dont turn one way and turn the opposite way because that puts you back into their view.

Usualy pull up and do a half loop, then do a half loop in another random direction such as left or right or back up again (proper up, not into the ground)

The more random you are each time with the the better, once you're out of their view they have to guess which way you went to successfuly stay behind you.

Comment

If your being chased by someone you can't shake, here is a last ditch effort sort of tactic I have used a few times with success. Head straight up, till you lose control and go into a flat spin, let completely of the throttle and start to decend, try and get facing the flags for orientation, and once you get back into the 500-400m alt range fire up again, regain control. Practice on single player till you can do it right, most pilots can't regain control, and if they do will not be able to follow you. Sure it takes time out of actually flying, but not as much as getting raped on teh carrier or airfield waiting for your plane to respawn.

Comment

Just twist and turn whilst going higher and higher until your plane looses control then hold s and wait until you can control your plane again, at around 400ft then pull up and hit the afterburners. The other pilot always assumes you died.

Comment

Check out the guides posted above and learn a few real life dogfight maneuvers. Unless you're up against a top notch pilot, you can usually shake them pretty easily.

I've had a lot of luck with the "inverted S" over the years (not sure if that's the real name, but that's what I call it.)

Comment

sorry if i was behind u, practice. it helps do some insane stunts, you may even like it.

Comment

[QUOTE=poisonsoul]Don't slow down. That's stupid, I've slammed into so many jets because the pilot thinks that slowing down while help./QUOTE]

That's your poor piloting not theirs. It works for me all the time.

Comment

Going up high, and setting throttle to 0 until you gain control back works most of the time but do it only if pilot is a real pro (uses cannons to get you which is far more dangerous than missles), and if you're in the middle of map otherwise you're gonna hit nofly zone and die.

Comment

Originally posted by AYAYA
                        I meant a fraps recording

Comment

what I do and it works almost every time (will try to explain)

Pull up , make a half loop , till you are upside down , then flip over so you are back upside up , then make your turn to left or right and go downwards and try to take the half loop again but downwards, thise way you end up flying to the other side and he will probably lost you out of his sight .

Also flying slower can help

Comment

Sometimes if you're being targetd by the more noob pilots, keep turning and after time, they'll sometimes think "Screw it. I can get kills by bombing instead of chasing this guy for nothing." XD

Otherwise, try wild turns etc.

Have the front camera button set up in an easily reachable spot so u can see the fighter behind u quickly.

Comment

One of best things you can do against a good pilot is not to shake him off. I've gotten supposedly good pilots to chase me around for an entire round. All that time they wasted chasing me could have been spent bombing some ground units or taking out choppers. All in all you're keeping a dangerous pilot out of the sky.

Comment

whenever a enemy plane behind me has locked missles on me i go to about 300ft and then dive with afterburners on for about 2 sec then when i am about to hit the water i swerve up and blast my afterburners the enemy will use there afterburners to early and crash if they dont all u do is do a loop untill ur behind them and blast them with ur rockets
                                (bullets are better i reckon)

Comment

Working...
                                X