Another knife and pistol server..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another knife and pistol server..

Im curious on how people found about it...

Comment

I honestly don't see what is wrong with these servers. If people want to WASTE their time in these servers just to get a stupid badge, then let them. Badges/Medals/Ranks/Ribbons mean nothing in terms of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh

wow, so u made a couple of kills on that server till u had ure knife badge and then decided to report the server to EA

Comment

Those are not my pics, they post them on bf2rankedservers forum.

Comment

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
            I honestly don't see what is wrong with these servers. If people want to WASTE their time in these servers just to get a stupid badge, then let them. Badges/Medals/Ranks/Ribbons mean nothing in terms of skill.
            Agreed. But badges mean everything in terms of promotions, once you hit that magical 20K number.

Comment

Id be careful playing in that server. I think you can have your stats whipped if you are caught in there. I would not take the chance for some knife/pistol kills. Especially knife kills cause the knife is deadlyt he way it is. It is pretty hard to have a 1+ K/D with a pistol consistanly in a round.

Comment

If you read the post in this link http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/foru...ead.php?t=1369

The one that took the screen said that he was banned from the server for using a tank. He used a dummy second account to enter and took other pics of them stat padding. rsotopr the one writing in the first screen its one of the admins of that server.
                Look at the admins stats :
                http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofil...bf2id=45289035
                http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofil...bf2id=45207957
                http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofil...bf2id=47372323

They all play medic and rsotopr have like 110,000 GS doing these every day on their server. So its not about some badge.. The ones you see on the pics already have the badges.

Comment

Here's a weird one. Mad Militia 72.232.90.179

They have "rules" on their ranked server which include:

1.) Must use pistols and knives only.

2.) Must let USMC capture Hotel.

3.) Must stay off roofs, etc.

4.) Must not use vehicles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a big no no? The admins even paused the server and threatened to ban anyone who didn't back off the hotel...

Comment

Obviously it is ^

Goto your server browser and type in "kn".

Guess what ? Knife and Pistol Servers.

Comment

For your own good, don't bump threads that are 3 months old, and read the stickies.

Comment

I've been noticed a bunch of these servers too. I've been wondering if they've been legalized or something because I can usually find like 5 in ranked with no problem. At first I thought it was dumb to have these servers, but now I really don't see what the big deal is. Most pistol/knife stats are tainted anyways from people who got their medals from these servers before they were officially made illegal. And I still see people doing general stat-padding on normal servers, which I now think is lamer than playing on a server where everyone is fighting even. And what about Infantry Only servers? Are those illegal? It seems to me that any server that changes how the game is normally played should be illegal. I can understand the confusion with pistol/knife servers. I don't see why any are still up since I can find them easily and if I just bought BF2 and didn't really follow the different sites, I wouldn't even know such servers were illegal. It should be easy for someone affiliated with EA to look through the servers each day and ban servers accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh

They all play medic and rsotopr have like 110,000 GS doing these every day on their server. So its not about some badge.. The ones you see on the pics already have the badges.

just to quickly add to this rsotopr know only has 3928 GS so they caught up with him

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                            For your own good, don't bump threads that are 3 months old, and read the stickies.
                            Funny how this got bumped and that was the last message since it was

Comment

wow thats some sad stat padding, every p.i.d. sporting a =PR= tag should be reset

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                                Unranked, anything goes.
                                Ranked, they must follow the ROE, they are on the BF2RS forums.
                                And...? For the last 1.5 months I have never had any problems finding at least 4-5 ranked K&P servers with good ping. There are more and more infantry only, and there is even a shotgun only server (hilarious, really). I am always entertained when I read all this ROE whining on these forums. It makes no sense, really.

cheers, Ognacy

Comment

Working...
                                X