Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Spec Forces owners feeling ripped off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Spec Forces owners feeling ripped off?

i dont feel ripped off, just dissapointed. i play mayby one or two maps of SF, but hemn i long to play at some good old vanilla maps like sharqui or wake. i spend almoast zero time on the sf maps. cant wait for euroforce, but i dont like the downloading idea

Comment

I bought it pretty much just for the Vanilla unlocks, so no I don't feel ripped off. That being said, I think it's a pretty good game, though the performance leaves something too be desired. I've found myself looking for my Grappling Hook in Vanilla BF2 way too many times - lol

T

Comment

A: Stop asking this question

and

B: No

Comment

I feel ripped off, I can't play half the dam maps without lagging like im on 56K

Comment

I Feel Ripped Off Because all of the maps in sf make me feel depressed, and i don't know if can see better with nightvision on or off.....

Comment

i did get a big hit in my performance, but i still dont feel ripped off.

Comment

I think it's commonly agreed that the performance drops are a factor in reducing the fun you can have, but it's not the worst thing. The worst thing about SF is that... people on pubs are still idiots. That is the biggest one.

Comment

I love BF2 and I love SF.

But they should have been integrated imo.

Practicaly speaking, SF isnt an expansion for BF2. SF is a stand alone entity Imo, although based almost entirely on BF2.

BF2 benefitted very little other than new weapons, and in fact I think SF splintered the BF2 community. Totaly the opposite of what I would have done if it was my choice.

With BF2 I thought we were supposed to be heading towards this big, integrated, combined arms virtual warfare theatre. Instead of moving BF2 forwards, we moved sideways with SF. Bad move imo.

Comment

I agree totally. I have it and have not played it very much at all. Not real keen on the Night vision either. Unless you really know the layout of the map you can get lost walking around in the dark, trying to climb up some hill that is unclimbable (is there such a word). I think intergrating the two would be the best thing and fix the sniper and aa and it would be a better game. Those of us that purchased sf would just have to cut our losses and enjoy a better game. Still love playing vanilla version though!

Originally posted by Tumbler
                    EA's first expansion for BF2 added very little to the original game, (a handful of new unlocks) and everything else was only available on seperate servers running their own maps.

And the new expansions/booster packs coming out will interface with the original bf2 adding maps and vehicles to the core game that can be played in the normal map rotation.

So what will happen to the special forces maps and vehicles? The apache, grappling hooks, crossbow's, gas, etc, all that just gets forgotten? Some of the maps are really good, but very few will play them over the vanilla bf2 servers that have a much better variety in the future.

Am I the only one feeling that EA is abandoning Spec Forces because it would take too much work to bring it into the vanilla BF2 servers, and it would probably cause a huge performance hit if they brought all the features over?

After seeing their comments regarding the patch and how they took a moment to mention that the new booster packs would not require their own servers and would work with the original bf2 I can't help but feel like that special forces expansion has been a huge screwup on their part and instead of salvaging something, the maps + vehicles, they are scrapping it and putting together booster packs.

Comment

EA's first expansion for BF2 added very little to the original game, (a handful of new unlocks) and everything else was only available on seperate servers running their own maps.
                      Wow, first we have people complaining bitterly that the game added unlocks to BF2, and now we have people complaining they did'nt add enough! Great community spirit. Dammed if Dice do, Dammed if Dice don't.

And the new expansions/booster packs coming out will interface with the original bf2 adding maps and vehicles to the core game that can be played in the normal map rotation.
                      That's because they are not adding new "gadgets" like the grapple, zip etc which are all intergral parts of the maps. I would say, that if the boosters were stand alone (ie 3 maps only) NO-ONE would buy it. Essentially, the booster is a few maps, and some reskinned models, SF was a modification to the game engine, so much so they could'nt (or it was very hard) to intergrate them, and so what if they did? You could play karkand, warlord, mashturr, sharqi, surge? Does it really matter?

So what will happen to the special forces maps and vehicles? The apache, grappling hooks, crossbow's, gas, etc, all that just gets forgotten? Some of the maps are really good, but very few will play them over the vanilla bf2 servers that have a much better variety in the future.
                      Only if you buy the booster pack. If you don't buy it, then you'll have the same choice as now, play SF or regular. I know, that sometimes I just don't want to deal with planes, and huge amounts of tanks and armour whoring.

Am I the only one feeling that EA is abandoning Spec Forces because it would take too much work to bring it into the vanilla BF2 servers, and it would probably cause a huge performance hit if they brought all the features over?
                      What, you want them to make every map compatible with special forces? So I could use a grapple on karkand? That's not the way it's setup. What it would mean, is having to intergrate EVERY side and map and vehicle and kit etc etc into the original BF2 "mod" (because BF2 itself is the first "mod" ingame), causing problems and probably screwing with the game.

After seeing their comments regarding the patch and how they took a moment to mention that the new booster packs would not require their own servers and would work with the original bf2 I can't help but feel like that special forces expansion has been a huge screwup on their part and instead of salvaging something, the maps + vehicles, they are scrapping it and putting together booster packs.
                      No, they are adding half a dozen maps (3 per booster), with a few reskinned models for idiots to waste their money on. This will fail (at least sales wise I reckon) worse than SF.

And if you have'nt bought the booster, it's the same as the BF2\SF problem anyway, you can't play on the maps, so you get booted if you try to join, or booted once a booster map starts.

It will essentially be a crappier, smaller, server based (ie you STILL need to make a server "booster pack") mod.

I have'nt been ripped off with SF IMO, and all my clanmates who play it (about 20) feel that way as well.

Comment

For once, I agree with Mack.

But if one point has been brought up thats any good, I wish there had been more maps for SF. What is there.. 8 now? there should have been about 10/11..

Comment

Working...
                        X