Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Spec Forces owners feeling ripped off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Spec Forces owners feeling ripped off?

EA's first expansion for BF2 added very little to the original game, (a handful of new unlocks) and everything else was only available on seperate servers running their own maps.

And the new expansions/booster packs coming out will interface with the original bf2 adding maps and vehicles to the core game that can be played in the normal map rotation.

So what will happen to the special forces maps and vehicles? The apache, grappling hooks, crossbow's, gas, etc, all that just gets forgotten? Some of the maps are really good, but very few will play them over the vanilla bf2 servers that have a much better variety in the future.

Am I the only one feeling that EA is abandoning Spec Forces because it would take too much work to bring it into the vanilla BF2 servers, and it would probably cause a huge performance hit if they brought all the features over?

After seeing their comments regarding the patch and how they took a moment to mention that the new booster packs would not require their own servers and would work with the original bf2 I can't help but feel like that special forces expansion has been a huge screwup on their part and instead of salvaging something, the maps + vehicles, they are scrapping it and putting together booster packs.

Re: Any Spec Forces owners feeling ripped off?

I think it is really in the BF2 community to support this expansion. I feel ripped off because I have a hard time finding an SF server. I would say that 70% of the servers if not more are running BF2 Vanilla. But, I'm most likely to buy the booster packs. Just to get some more play time out of BF2.

Comment

don't feel ripped of, have SF and I enjoy SF very much, simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
        don't feel ripped of, have SF and I enjoy SF very much, simple as that
        Same here man. Oh and I never have a hard time finding a SF server, there's lots with plenty of players.

Comment

I don't feel ripped off, its a great game and im getting my money's worth out of it.

Comment

I do not feel ripped off, I am bummed out that the game was not a bigger hit. In a way it seems like EA/DICE had a great idea but the game feels like it was rushed into the stores. Instead of taking the time to get the game right, and optimize things, make a decent number of maps to add variety...they rushed it out with as much as they had done, and there you go.

Comment

They should have integrated it. Just bought it and am quite disappointed. SOme neat features but I miss them in the stock maps of vanilla. Wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

I'm slowly getting my moneys worth from it.

Comment

Well I enjoy SF very much...when you can find a decent enough server. I too feel SF was rushed out way to fast and more work could have been done on the game to make it better. I guess most of the people here bought SF because on the cool SF unlocks that you can recieve.

Comment

Do any of you that play SF expansion recommend me to purchase it. I enjoy the BF2 core base and I will probally buy the booster packs, but would I be wasting my money to buy the SF expanison now?

Comment

I think the expansion pack was a huge rippoff. Tons of bad frame rates on all of the maps and seems like a rushed put together game. I hardly ever play it except when im in the mood for sniping so i go on ghostown or warlord, Otherwise I never play the game, but I guess it was somewhat worth buying for the unlocks:hmm:

Comment

In a way I sort of feel ripped off and in a way I don't. I love SF!!! Everything about it....every map....everything!! The ONLY downer is that it's not integrated with Vanilla BF2!! And I think SF will suffer when the 2 new Booster packs will come out because then everyone who plans to get the boosters will have to load up Vanilla instead of SF. Therefore, anyone playing SF now who plans on getting the boosters will have to revert to vanilla and no one (meaning less people than now) will be playing SF!!

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I love playing SF at least a couple times a week. I dont have too much time to play it otherwise, and I finally found 3 decent servers with what appear to be mature gamers.
                          At this point, looking at the entire thing I agree that an integration with the original would have been a more "user friendly" way to go about that. It's hard to not get the feeling that you only ended up paying for a few new maps though.

Comment

i like it. its pretty fun, it seems like normal bf2 to me. the maps and new vehicles are pretty cool, it was a nice change from having to play daqing oilfield and karkand all the time.

i also dont have any problems finding servers...the only problem i have is finding one with slots open...but the same goes with bf2 for me, since i play on only the same handful of servers all the time becasuse i know they always have 60+ players.

Comment

I played vanilla once since SF came out. It's a completely different style of gameplay as far as I'm concerned. To say it's just a few "new unlocks" really isn't fair. The grappling hooks and ziplines have created a 360 degree envelopment opportunity that you just can't get in vanilla.

As to not finding servers, sure, they're aren't as many, but I've always found several good, low ping, servers to join.

As to performance problems - I haven't experienced any.

Comment

Working...
                              X