Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

I disagree with extra ammo and just less grenades because giving an assault just some extra ammo doesn't really help to much against something like a medic who can throw some packs down around a corner and fall back and get healed back to 100percent while mr assault/spec ops/support/non healing class in general gets blown away by the million dollar man who :laugh: might as well be eating brains for extra health as well :laugh: . But seriously some extra ammo isn't going to help very much if something like a headshot doesn't kill or that class doesn't have an uber gun or the other class is overpowered or just generaly unbalanced while going vs others. What dice and friends are doing is a nice start but not a solution to the messy balance. Less grenades and extra ammo really isn't going to help when a player can run over a pack of ammo that instantly restores ammo/health to 100percent again. Some issues really lie deep in what i feel is a poor resupply system even though the same style has worked very well in other games such as RTCW.

And it takes a hell of a lotta skill to get an RPG-7 to hit a quick moving target at 200-300 meters be it flat ground on a hill or wherever. And the X-packs such as BFVs tnt or the C4 force players to actualy look around a flat to clear the area instead of just run right on inside for the quick cap. Basicaly my feelings toward AoE (area of effect) tools are that they help make the games design more interesting on the strat and tactical level even with out the commander assests or jumping and throwing. But i feel that items like that RPG or C4 should be a lot more powerful but less abundant but due to easy refill spam i think that that system must be changed for anything like a kornet or javelin missile to really work in a game similar to this build of bf2.

Comment

I have a bit of advice to everyone complaining that they're ruining the assault class - learn to play the game! If you're upset that an assault player no longer has an advantage taking a flag solo try joining a squad - I personally like sniping but it's useless for teamwork and I always get bored and wander off doing other stuff. The GL is getting nerfed because misuse of it was ruining the assault class, I can't be the only one who spawned into a server to be mutualled by some idiot bouncing round a corner - once that happens you know you're in for a fun round! One shot kills aren't a problem, but we all know the the 'nade launcher is capable of a cheap one shot kill. If someones nails me from 80m unsighted I'm rightly impressed.I don't quite get the decreased blast radius but it's not a major problem, it'll still be lethal against transport - there's something very satisfying about tonking a nade into the back of a full Vodnik!

The game mechanics allow for lone wolf play but they aren't optimized for it, so play that way by all means but don't complain because assault aren't going to be the uber-class any more - the whole point is there isn't supposed to be one, hell you could even try *gasp* playing other kits! All the classes are meant to complement each other, and this doesn't just apply to assault - all the SF who complain that they don't get enough C4 to take out the enemy assets...try taking a support buddy along for the ride, snipers who complain that the UAV reveals their position...try asking an SF to take it out for you before nestling between the trees! I played all the kits so I could get an idea of what they could do, but more importantly I know what the other players can do FOR me during the game, and also what they can do against me! So don't moan about snipers, just play as one for a while and learn all their favourite hiding places

The game's a damnsight more rewarding if you take it for what it is, it's not quake with RL weapons and fun vehicles. It's designed to be a team game, and even a squad of 2 can cause utter havoc against a less organised opposition. BTW, the poor saps I was headshotting on the US carrier on Dragon, maybe if you'd all tried taking some flags instead of creaming yourselves over choppers and jets you'd have won the round It wasn't baseraping, it was "helicopter interdiction"...we'd got sick of the constant bombing runs and at one point 2 choppers wasted 5 minutes strafing the trees looking for me, meaning they weren't giving grief to the rest of my team!

Comment

I wonder, when battlefield 2 was new, everyone was a medic. You couldn't die, without seeing 3 people trying to revive you with a tank humming behind them. Then they started n00btubing. So... will the new trend be mine whoring or medic whoring?

Comment

Originally posted by demonicfrog
          I wonder, when battlefield 2 was new, everyone was a medic. You couldn't die, without seeing 3 people trying to revive you with a tank humming behind them. Then they started n00btubing. So... will the new trend be mine whoring or medic whoring?
          I'll give you a hint. If you loose one explosive you have another one in the arsenal: Handgrenades. As support you have an infinate amount available since you can resupply the whole round. It's already raining grenades in Karkand but I suspect it will get worse.

Comment

Working...
          X