Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Just wondering what people who play assault kit think about the 3 GL changes :
    1. Minimum Range
    2. No GL in mid-air
    3. Reduced Radius

1. Minimum Range - I like the change, i consider point blank GL's cheap kills, even when i play this kit - however i would still like to shoot it after 8 meters or so. one thing i like, is that i won't go with the GL out all the time, but switch to it when needed. (for short range encounters)
    2. No mid-air GL - I like this too, i think it was silly, and this was the only way of stopping it since it obviously gave an advantage.
    3. Reduced Radius - I don't really get this one, a hand grenade has nearly twice the radius of GL (9' vs. 5'), yet the GL is what defines the assault kit while every kit gets hand grenades.
    With minimum range i would actually expect them to increase the range, since medics and specops already have a better main weapon.

Re: What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Reducing radius? They might as well remove the assault class altogether. I totally agree with minimum distance (unlikely a real soldier would fire his 'nade at his feet) and mid-air shooting (which should be applied to all weapons), but reducing the radius of a weapon that already takes skill to aim at long range? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a 'nade launcher.

Comment

I've started playing assault more recently, and use the G3, and am not that good with the GL anyway (though I have made some truely sick shots with it), so I think it will weed out the ones that can't shoot. Besides having regular grenades is better, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoukaila
        Reducing radius? They might as well remove the assault class altogether. I totally agree with minimum distance (unlikely a real soldier would fire his 'nade at his feet) and mid-air shooting (which should be applied to all weapons), but reducing the radius of a weapon that already takes skill to aim at long range? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a 'nade launcher.
        They're just reducing the blast radius, not the range of fire.

Comment

noob tubers are a disease that needs to be eliminated in the essence of fairplay

Comment

the GL is only for the assualt kit to defend them selves against vehicles, not infantry

Comment

Originally posted by glaucoma
              They're just reducing the blast radius, not the range of fire.
              Yep, that's what I meant. Shooting at, let's say, 150 feet, demands at least some skill to hit your opponent. Nerfing the blast radius will just make it even harder (since you'll probably not hit your target dead on at that range).

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
                the GL is only for the assualt kit to defend them selves against vehicles, not infantry
                Says who ?

Comment

Assault is my most played kit, and I didn't usually use the t00b (I'm a G3 whore :P ), but when I did I only used it for medium-long range combat, if I'm shooting someone well below me (like I'm standing on the top of the construction site in Sharqi picking people off in the courtyard below) or against vehicles, snipers, etc. 'Tactically' I guess you'd call it. When people use it that way against me, I have no problem, because IMO that's the intended use, it's fair, and it's not necessarily an easy kill. The people that bunnyhop or use it against someone five feet away from them were the people that I couldn't stand, or the tards that would kill themselves while doing it (although, admittedly, I always type in some sort of snide remark when someone t00bicides me ). All this patch is going to do is take away the latter, and not really the former, so I'm all for it. It takes away the 'cheapness' of the launcher, making people who want to get kills with it earn them.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Svartberg

3. Reduced Radius - I don't really get this one, a hand grenade has nearly twice the radius of GL (9' vs. 5'), yet the GL is what defines the assault kit while every kit gets hand grenades.

You must not of played the Anti Tank kit yet, because they don't have any nades Wish the AT Kit did though.

T

Comment

With over 2800 GL kills, #1 and #2 really don't bother me, nor will they effect my play very much. Sure, I've fragged guys up close, but its not my usual method for assault.

I usually don't jump around firing, so that doesn't bother me, hell, it'll be nice in a way to see guys who jumped around with DAO-12's or any other CQB weapon be just as limited.

#3 though - as a previous poster mentioned - will hurt the class. The rifles aren't that much stronger than some other classes, the GL really helps, especially when dealing with squds / etc... I'd be better off using my G3 and spamming hand grenades everywhere. We'll just have to see how much different this is.

Uh yeah, u sir, are a moron. By using your "logic" (and I use that term loosely), I should then assume that the AT kit should never use their SRAW/Eryx on Infantry (commonly done), or that a medic shouldn't be allowed to use shock paddles on enemies - after all, they're intended to revive members of their own team, right?

Its war, I'll use every item in my kit to kill you, period. And when this nerfing comes out, you'll still see plenty of GL kills.... :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by bisley
                        Says who ?
                        the ones who made the game...

Comment

I'm not a assault player but I have started to play that kit and well the changes are ok I could live with them but reducing radius!???? and I hope they don't phuck it up, they should get the actual real weapon stats, I don't want it not blowing up at where the real one would blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Char-ley_Killa
                            True, but you don't get handgrenades with assault rifles with noob toobs attachments. Therefore, EVERY OTHER CLASS (besides !!!"Assault"!!! and AT)is equipped to take out small groups of tightly huddled infantry w/grenades.

Answer? Nerf the noob toob, but give assault some grenades, so that "assault" won't be grenade hamstrung against every other class.

Telling me that "assault" shouldn't have the ability to take out tightly clustered enemies is silly. And yes, I know you get get grenades with the G3, but then "assault" gives up the ability to go toe-to-toe with a vodnik/hummvee. Other options to distinguish the assault class could include giving them one (only one) "tactical" field medpack, or increasing their armor.

What exactly does "assault" mean to you, anyway?

Comment

He he, I love it, they're really taking the "noob" out of noobtube - it'll now take some skill to use as it has to be used properly. I don't know why they're decreasing the radius though, wrong move imo.

Also, the newsflash about reducing the GLs "properties" has helped my temper a lot, whenever I get tubed in an alley now I just laugh and think for myself thinking "He he noob, what are you gonna do when the patch comes out?"

Comment

Working...
                              X