Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

its now the assholed class

assault is the front line dont punish them!

Comment

Why won't this argument wait until after the patch is out?

It seems like half of the n00b t00bers don't even understand what the patch will do...they are panicking...poor n00bs

Comment

Originally posted by =GzR=Damager
        noob tubers are a disease that needs to be eliminated in the essence of fairplay

can't agree more, they have to be out of the game, when you play maps like warlord, you could have such great fights in the palace, but no, only thing happening there is walk around the corner and some moron with the noob tube is standing there

Comment

1 and 2 are great, reduced radius is bad. We can only hope that if people stop playing assault (except when using the G3) they will change the radius back.

Comment

As far as I am concerned the entire assault class is a waste of space anyway.
            The amount of times i can press tab and see 20/32 of my team playing as assault/specops is ridiculous.
            These two kits offer ZERO teamwork potential and are heavily contributing to a lack of squadwork which is where this game is at its best.
            If this patch forces people to drop assault and play as a medic/support then i will be over the moon. I can't count the number of times i have been begging for a revive or a few mags while capping a flag, but cant get them because every other ******* around me is playing assault for their OMFG uberl337 m203 to nail those 2 kills before they die to up their k/d.
            If you want to bitch about the accuracy of the assault rifles you can kiss my ass. I have few problems on even the wide open maps with getting close enough to use my PKM and I'll be damned if the accuracy on the assault rifles doesn't far surpass that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
              I'm beginning to think that the assault class is underpowered now that the medic class has the best assault rifle in the game. I find the medic to be at least as combat viable as the assault class. Doesn't that disrupt balance?
              No, Actually what it does is invite more people to play the medic class instead of flocking to Assault class.
              That's called balance of gameplay and balance of classes.
              1 thing BF games have always done is NOT want everyone (or at least a large percentage of players) flocking to 1 particular class. They want class balance as well as gameplay balance.

Most people who are new to BF games with BF2 do not understand this because they are coming from games like Quake, UT, CS and the like where the Deatmatch mentality is much different.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                No, Actually what it does is invite more people to play the medic class instead of flocking to Assault class.
                That's called balance of gameplay and balance of classes.
                1 thing BF games have always done is NOT want everyone (or at least a large percentage of players) flocking to 1 particular class. They want class balance as well as gameplay balance.

Most people who are new to BF games with BF2 do not understand this because they are coming from games like Quake, UT, CS and the like where the Deatmatch mentality is much different.
                I agree there should be an even distribution of kits, but it's funny you say nearly everyone plays assault, i actually played karkland 2 hours ago, and nearly 70% of my team were medics, the rest were specops/AT's.

Ever heard of W:ET ?? RTCW had classes (medic,soldier,fieldops,etc) before bf42 was released, then came RTCW:ET.
                It started out fine for a year or so, but nowdays if you login to a server in this game, you see 80% of your team playing medics, everyone healing themselves and reviving each other.

And if you think, oh "nice teamwork", then i guess you need to play it for yourself to see how it feels horrible.
                And you already know i love the medic class

Teamwork is about winning the game (at least in clanwars), in bf2 frags are unfortunatly more important than flags for ticket reducing, but nevertheless just because someone plays assault doesn't mean he's not a teamplayer.

The ideal game with classes would have a decent representives of each kits in game.
                In BF2 you barely see AT's/Engineers/Supply kits, barely seeying Assault kits as well will only add wood to the fire.

Comment

Using the GL against infantry is no different than the Anti Tank guys using their rockets against infantry, or the SF going nuts with their C4 and putting it across the front lines. Let’s be honest here… EVERY kit (Except sniper maybe) has noob exploits and we have all tried them!

Comment

No biggy.

Comment

To everyone saying that dice intended the m203 to be anti-vehicle only, i would like to remind you that this was stated once, in one interview, in ambiguous wording, by the same fellow who seemed to think bunny hopping to get out of combat was also a valid tactic.

In other words, i don't think Armando Marini speaks the gospel of dice, and even if he did, that we should necessarily listen to it. Dice should be listening to what we have to say about the game, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by =GzR=Damager
                        noob tubers are a disease that needs to be eliminated in the essence of fairplay
                        Yes burn them all!!!!!!!!! They have no skill and have not realized that their gun can also fire bullets

Comment

Look at all the noobtoobers whining.. You'll now actually have to have some skill to shoot me when i'm right in front of you.. No More Insta KILL .. HAHAhAhahahAHA ... 2 Slow Bitch ..Die!! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by -=[T.O.K]=-D_Twi
                            Look at all the noobtoobers whining.. You'll now actually have to have some skill to shoot me when i'm right in front of you.. No More Insta KILL .. HAHAhAhahahAHA ... 2 Slow Bitch ..Die!! :laugh:
                            That's nice. At least now you'll stop whinning about the noobs too.

Comment

I dig the idea of having the nades arm after a certain period of time but I dont like the splash damage reduction, it already takes a lot of skill to do long range shots without nerfing the kill radius

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy

Honestly.
                                I'm sorry but I do get a bit pi$$ed off sometimes.. Theres a difference between adjusting something and making it useless. My experience from the official US Army game with the M203 makes me attempt shots that perhaps others wouldn't consider. In order to take out a consealed player behind obstacles you need a bit of splash.

Comment

Working...
                                X