Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do assault players think of GL nerfs ?

I am quite pleased.

Comment

I'm all for it. The GL has a place in this game and this will simply force it to be used correctly. I'm not sure why they lowered the blast radius, but that's OK, I'll just sharpen my aim. I'm practically pinpoint with it as it is now anyway.

Comment

The whole reason I play assault is for the grenade launcher. Otherwise I'd be special forces, support or medic. I think the game overall is fairly balanced except for the BH on mashtuur, which sure enough didn't get touched!!

Also untouched are the respawn times on US vehicles so the US vehicles will still respawn faster than MEC. If the respawn was equal I probably wouldnt need to whore the chopper at the tv station on sharqi...

Does anyone notice that most of the bugs seem to happen on non-US vehicles?
        Bug in mi28
        Bug in china and mec APC
        No bugs in US vehicles

I think it's a conspiracy

Comment

I don't get the reduced radius of the explosion. . . but it won't make me cry or anything. The other two are very good, but that one just doesn't make sense to me. It really takes the long range use of the toob away as it is hard to get real close at long distances and it is not like it had a huge blast radius to begin with. So I don't know.

Comment

The GL nerf is sorely needed.
            My main profile uses the GL heavily, though I don't think the changes will cripple me. I'm good with bullets too...GL should not be the main weapon of assault.

Comment

GL is not that bad now and they should leave it alone,
              the reload time keeps it from being overly effective at close range for more than one kill.
              If I have the tube out Suppressing the enemies high ground and you come around the corner to kill me I will point it in front of you and use it, possibly killing my self , definitely killing you.
              Don’t hate the tube because you rushed in to a bad situation.

IF they want to make it better they should increase the blast radius so that if you use it in close quarters it will take you and all around you out.
              When people start racking up Tks they may show some restraint.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa
                If I have the tube out Suppressing the enemies high ground and you come around the corner to kill me I will point it in front of you and use it, possibly killing my self , definitely killing you.
                Don’t hate the tube because you rushed in to a bad situation.
                You are THE definition of n00btuber, and the player the patch is aimed at helping get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoukaila
                  Reducing radius? They might as well remove the assault class altogether. I totally agree with minimum distance (unlikely a real soldier would fire his 'nade at his feet) and mid-air shooting (which should be applied to all weapons), but reducing the radius of a weapon that already takes skill to aim at long range? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a 'nade launcher.
                  I agree with that i actually pride myself in my ability to hit distant targets it takes a lot of skill and is really difficult to get right especially if there on a hill above you.

And the blast radius on the 203/GL is ridiculously small already compared to other games like Americas Army or of course real life.

So to reduce the radius is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by bisley
                    Says who ?
                    The Developers have said it numerous times in the interviews.
                    The GL was meant to defend against Light and Med armor NOT the way it was being used now.

Originally posted by Busa
                    IF they want to make it better they should increase the blast radius so that if you use it in close quarters it will take you and all around you out.
                    Wrong. That would only make it worse against Infantry. Again, it wasn't supposed to be use like that against infantry

Comment

the best way to stop the 'noob tube' thing is to again do what they do in Amercas Army or real life.

The nade will not explode AT ALL until a certain number of seconds after its fired and then it has to hit somthing to push the detonator to make it go off. This can mean if u tried to 'noob tube' you would find it would bounce harmlessly on to the floor.

This of course has nothing to do with the blast radius i for one think that should be increased.

Comment

If you want an anti-vehicle kit, use the AT, the GL barely damages the vehicles (yes i took choppers with it, but it's still not very useful), and by the time that long shot will land you'll be a corpse from the mounted gun.

All i can imagine is people using medic for the offensive abilities (good gun and self healing), or an AT for the antivehicle thing. (guns are going to be accurate, and it actually damages tanks/apc's unlike the GL)

Comment

#1 and #2 are fine with me. I've only ever launched it close range when someone has caught me with my trousers down lining up a shot. I'm sure sure even then I didn't kill them (they just bunny hopped away).

#3 Seems a bit odd. I do use it as an anit-infantry weapon. If someone takes cover I want a way of hitting them without breaking mine. I'm quite accurate with it anyway but it certainly has it's uses anti-personnel as well as against limited armour.

I think like someone has already said .. I've been shot with a anti-tank missle before. I've had Special Forces blow me up on foot with C4. When you need someone dead it's a useful weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartberg
                            Just wondering what people who play assault kit think about the 3 GL changes :
                            1. Minimum Range
                            2. No GL in mid-air
                            3. Reduced Radius

1. Minimum Range - I like the change, i consider point blank GL's cheap kills, even when i play this kit - however i would still like to shoot it after 8 meters or so. one thing i like, is that i won't go with the GL out all the time, but switch to it when needed. (for short range encounters)
                            2. No mid-air GL - I like this too, i think it was silly, and this was the only way of stopping it since it obviously gave an advantage.
                            3. Reduced Radius - I don't really get this one, a hand grenade has nearly twice the radius of GL (9' vs. 5'), yet the GL is what defines the assault kit while every kit gets hand grenades.
                            With minimum range i would actually expect them to increase the range, since medics and specops already have a better main weapon.
                            For the umpteenth time, there will be no minimum range on GL in next patch. Where are you people getting this from? Only blast radius is reduced and arming time is increased.

Comment

Well make it one shot kill for cars

Comment

The high explosive grenade has an effective casualty radius of 5 meters. The effective casualty radius is defined as the radius of a circle about the point of detonation in which it may be expected that 50 percent of exposed troops will become casualties. Safe-weapon practices for firing the M203 grenade launcher require a minimum safe distance of 130 meters for high explosive rounds, and 165 meters for HEDP. Range regulations stipulate that all targets have to be more than 200 meters away. The danger radius of the HE Grenades is 130 meters (427 ft). The M386, M397, M397A1, M406, and M433 rounds arm within 14 to 27 meters (46 to 89 ft). The M361 and M441 rounds arm within 2.4 to 3 meters (8 to 10 ft).

The Marine fire team leader/grenadier employs the grenade launcher in the offense to destroy groups of enemy personnel and to provide close fire support in the assault in conjunction with, and to supplement, other supporting fires. The fire team leader/grenadier personally selects targets and delivers the fire of the grenade launcher during the attack. In the last 35 meters of the assault, when the fires of the grenade launcher may endanger friendly assaulting troops on the objective, the fire team leader/grenadier employs the multiprojectile antipersonnel round. The multiprojectile round can be fired from the assault skirmish line without endangering the other assaulting Marines. The fire team leader/grenadier can fire high explosive rounds at targets which are far enough away so that the exploding HE round will not endanger the assaulting squad. HE rounds require an arming distance of approximately 30 meters.

Comment

Working...
                                X