Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone has a source to confirm what the sniper unlock will be in the 1.2 Patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone has a source to confirm what the sniper unlock will be in the 1.2 Patch?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10263

Comment

Re: Anyone has a source to confirm what the sniper unlock will be in the 1.2 Patch?

"Its distinctive green frame, unique design and reliability in adverse weather conditions, have made it a popular weapon. The rifle has about 0.5 MOA, and its maximum effective range is about 600 m with a Schmidt & Bender 6 x 24 scope. The rifle uses an aluminium frame clad in a high impact plastic stock. The weapon is usually equipped with an integrated bipod and it also has a monopod in the butt. It is said that the rifle can kill a polar bear with one shot."

If the rifle doesnt kill with 1 shot in the chest i will be most unhappy!

Comment

if it is the L96 im going to be very chuffed after holding and firing one myself, a very nice weapon indeed! seeins as the L85A2 and L85A2/UGL are in the booster pack, a definate buy for me!

Comment

So what exactly is the point of another bolt action gun that's basically the exact same as an M24? All of the countries already have an option of a bolt action sniper....but the US is the only country lacking a semi-auto. So why put ANOTHER bolt action gun in there? Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, there is many choices of decent semi-autos avaliable.

Let's at least hope it has a different reticle/charasteristics than the M24 and it's not the same gun reskinned.

Comment

If the rifle doesnt kill with 1 shot in the chest i will be most unhappy!
            You will be very unhappy then

Comment

The sniper unlock for 1.2 has not been stated the L9 is the Sniper rifle for BF2:EF. Please don't say this over and over. Atleast i think im right.............

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Feelwrong
                The sniper unlock for 1.2 has not been stated the L9 is the Sniper rifle for BF2:EF. Please don't say this over and over. Atleast i think im right.............
                Yup, you're right. The L96 is for the booster pack. The new unlock would be for the patch. But I was under the impression it would be for the normal game, not SF.

Cheers

Comment

I think we're just gonna get the L96 and P90 in the patch. So AT and Sniper will still be 1 unlock short. They haven't said anything about any other guns... so.... :|:

Comment

But the L96 is the British version of the M24
                    I want summit better the the M95, maybe the M82 that's already in the "object_server.zip". Now that'll be cool

And it's not fair, they announce this 2 hours after I get the First Seg. promotion AND already chose my unlocks

Anyway I can back date my stats? Maybe to 2 points before the promotion lol!

Comment

I very much doubt the awp is the new sniper weapon. The EU are a new team for regular battlefield, not an expansion. Making the Awp the unlock is like dice making the Support unlock the SAW, or the Engi unlock the Saiga.

And I really don't want it to be either, I don't see the point. M95 is close enough to AWP anyway, the only difference might be no shooting through stuff.

I'm hoping for a nice Semi-Automatic DMR instead of another bolt action.

Any source on Anti-Tank unlock either?

Comment

Originally posted by Regulatori
                        So what exactly is the point of another bolt action gun that's basically the exact same as an M24? All of the countries already have an option of a bolt action sniper....but the US is the only country lacking a semi-auto. So why put ANOTHER bolt action gun in there? Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, there is many choices of decent semi-autos avaliable.

Let's at least hope it has a different reticle/charasteristics than the M24 and it's not the same gun reskinned.
                        You obviously isn't a sniper. The M24 is the weapon you want, and that's why you play US 90% of the time. If they add a new weapon that can compete with the US, perhaps I won't have to yell and swtich teams everytime on the PLA/MEC-side as many others surely agree with me on. DICE listened to the public this time, I guess ^^

EDIT: I thing just hit me... Is this an unlock for SF or for the standard BF2? If, I have nothing to look forward to anymore ://

Comment

Working...
                        X